Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Clarendon Homes | QLD | Sheridan 41

Page 3 of 6
KingTaco
That's awesome progress!

I'm not far behind - hopefully having my slab poured next week some time, but i'm still pretty jealous

I know, I'm so happy it is going well so far. I'm sure you'll finish before us though.
They're expecting to start on the frame next Wednesday (6th).
TiredHalo
KingTaco
That's awesome progress!

I'm not far behind - hopefully having my slab poured next week some time, but i'm still pretty jealous

I know, I'm so happy it is going well so far. I'm sure you'll finish before us though.
They're expecting to start on the frame next Wednesday (6th).

We too are going Exile Biscuit 600x600 lappato for our main. Its a lovely tile
Cool,. Slab pour looks great
Big slab, big house
They started the frame today. This is the view from the back. And yep, we have a fence around it now.

Yes, Rhani89, I'm hoping it looks good once it is all put together with that tile.
They've now also started the upper floor frame.

The upper floor roofing and anticon blanket installed today.
Great to see the progress! Looks like you're pretty much on par with my neighbour - they had windows delivered on site today, so you must only be a day or two behind them.

It's nice to be able to follow other builds that are around the same stage hey... it's fun sharing the journey!
It is. We've noticed another build around the corner from us is also a Clarendon, so we'll nosy at that too as I imagine it'd be the same site supervisor and stuff.
Since last posted, we've had a few things done.

The remaining electrical and window installation will happen next week.

Yesterday they finalised the electrical pre-wiring. Today they started the install of windows, and have finished the lower floor. They've also started work on the facade structure.

Our two theatre room windows have a grey tint and are double glazed.

It looks great, and those front windows are really impressive

Are those windows up and down standard with the Axis facade?
KingTaco
It looks great, and those front windows are really impressive

Are those windows up and down standard with the Axis facade?

I think the white really makes them pop.

Yep those are the standard windows with the Axis facade.
We got in contact with the electrical company Clarendon are using for our build to organise them to do the additional light fittings, internal fans, and switching over gang plates. All things that we couldn't get done as part of the electrical.

This has come in around $1,000. This covers:

This way it gets done before handover, and one less thing we have to organise as a post-handover job.
Hi, Those windows do look good. I also like that you have tweaked the glazing a bit. We are also looking to do some double glazing and tinting.

Next time you are onsite I'd love to get some closer up pics of the inside of those double glazed/tinted windows. Interested in whether the tinted pane is on the outside or inside?

What type of windows have you chosen overall? All one type of a mix of awning, sliding etc?
Hi

That price seems very reasonable. Does the price include wiring as well?

We are building with Eden Brae and their electrical supplier is clipsal and their quotes are astronomical, one example to wire and install 8 ceiling fans comes to $1848. Our total electrical upgrade comes in at $25k and this is way more than we budgeted. The biggest item is 90 LED downlights which is about $10k.

I don’t know what to do now. I just feel we have been taken for a ride.

TiredHalo
We got in contact with the electrical company Clarendon are using for our build to organise them to do the additional light fittings, internal fans, and switching over gang plates. All things that we couldn't get done as part of the electrical.

• Installing 7 internal fans and switching gang plates over to accommodate
  • Installing pendant light in kitchen
  • Installing 2 wall lights in staircase
  • Installing vanity light in bathroom
  • Installing ceiling light in study
  • Installing 7 external lights

This way it gets done before handover, and one less thing we have to organise as a post-handover job.
Huggies
Hi

We are building with Eden Brae and their electrical supplier is clipsal and their quotes are astronomical, one example to wire and install 8 ceiling fans comes to $1848. Our total electrical upgrade comes in at $25k and this is way more than we budgeted. The biggest item is 90 LED downlights which is about $10k.

TiredHalo

Hmm 8 celling fence if including supply of the fans is fair price isn't it.

And 90 downlights for 10k again sounds like fair price?? Comes to 111 eaxh. I reckon is cheap.

Either that or my builder bloody ripped me off. Lol
MyFirst
Huggies
Hi

TiredHalo

Hmm 8 celling fence if including supply of the fans is fair price isn't it.

And 90 downlights for 10k again sounds like fair price?? Comes to 111 eaxh. I reckon is cheap.

Either that or my builder bloody ripped me off. Lol

I guess the downlights are ok. The $1848 doesn't include the fans, just wiring and installation. We will pay extra for the fans.
darb74
Hi, Those windows do look good. I also like that you have tweaked the glazing a bit. We are also looking to do some double glazing and tinting.

Next time you are onsite I'd love to get some closer up pics of the inside of those double glazed/tinted windows. Interested in whether the tinted pane is on the outside or inside?

What type of windows have you chosen overall? All one type of a mix of awning, sliding etc?

Majority of our windows are sliding. Only the front facade ones are awning. From what we can tell, it appears the external is tinted. Depends how this is read if I'm correct or not:

Huggies
Hi

We already had the prewiring as part of our electrical quote. They charged $75 for each ceiling fan prewire.

Ouch. Our electrical was $13,300, and now plus the $1,000. We got in total only 61 LED downlights. 12 were already included in our tender as part of promotion deal, and 15 were upgrades from the standard light points. It was $73 each for the upgrade, and $98 for each LED additional. Came in around $4,500 for the LEDs. They aren't the best LEDs (only 7w), but the only ones Clarendon would supply and we weren't allowed to supply our own.
On Wednesday we got the upper windows installed, so it is all ready to be wrapped and external walls put up.

Yesterday they got the lower floor all wall wrapped. Hoping next week the top floor will get wrapped and external walls can begin.

Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum