Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Newpark Estate, Marsden Park

Page 3 of 6
ASJ1981
kingofnowhere
He fellow Newpark Neighbours,
Question on the rain water tank size, any idea how its determined,
Speaking to coupl of builder Wisdom Home says i need a bigger rain water tank 5000L , but another builder says i need only a 3000L
How about you guys what size tanks are you required to have?

Hi there kingofnowhere, I only received BASIX last week and so i am not at Council stage yet. My Tender and Contract specifies 3000L water tank. I am also building with Wisdom Homes. I am almost certain Elara have 3000L water tanks as well. Not sure if size of house is a factor... You could probably call Blacktown Council directly and ask them to clarify.

thanks, will try to check with council
Anyone here started building?
Tuvie16
Anyone here started building?

I was there today and could see a lot of construction !!
Hi everyone,
I am building at NewPark, across the otherside of the Lake. My Street is Ribbonwood Crescent. I Think registration should be mid to late 2019. Originally was supposed to be around March! Looking forward to it, they are certainly moving a lot of dirt around.
I went there this weekend. Roads and gutters are in, power boxes, lamp posts and trees planted along the streets!
Opelman
Hi everyone,
I am building at NewPark, across the otherside of the Lake. My Street is Ribbonwood Crescent. I Think registration should be mid to late 2019. Originally was supposed to be around March! Looking forward to it, they are certainly moving a lot of dirt around.
I went there this weekend. Roads and gutters are in, power boxes, lamp posts and trees planted along the streets!

Hi opelman welcome to the thread and Congrats! Newpark is really lovely, I can't wait till the Lake and Stage 2 are done! I was in your shoes not long ago too - eagerly waiting for Stage 1 to register and we would get excited seeing the roads, trees and street signs go up! Next thing you know, it's time to settle! Anyway, have you chosen a builder?
ASJ1981
Opelman
Hi everyone,

Hi opelman welcome to the thread and Congrats! Newpark is really lovely, I can't wait till the Lake and Stage 2 are done! I was in your shoes not long ago too - eagerly waiting for Stage 1 to register and we would get excited seeing the roads, trees and street signs go up! Next thing you know, it's time to settle! Anyway, have you chosen a builder?

Hi, thanks for the welcome.
Yes i have chosen a builder, ive gone with Rawson Homes after much research

It is exciting seeing everything take shape, and look forward to registration. They Tell me it Will be Second half of 2019, so i am eagerly impatiently waiting ha ha ha.
What street are you building in? What builder are you going with?
Opelman

It is exciting seeing everything take shape, and look forward to registration. They Tell me it Will be Second half of 2019, so i am eagerly impatiently waiting ha ha ha.

We are from Stage 1, on Starling Street. We chose Wisdom Homes.

Hopefully registration is earlier! Stage 1 registration was meant to be Nov/Dec 2018 but it was 3 months early and registered in August! 2018 So, you never know, Stage 2 might be earlier than anticipated too!

Enjoy the journey
ASJ1981
Opelman

We are from Stage 1, on Starling Street. We chose Wisdom Homes.

Hopefully registration is earlier! Stage 1 registration was meant to be Nov/Dec 2018 but it was 3 months early and registered in August! 2018 So, you never know, Stage 2 might be earlier than anticipated too!

Enjoy the journey

Awesome, congratulations!
What class slab did you use?

Yeah i hope it is earlier, though i am in no Real hurry to be honest
Opelman
Awesome, congratulations!
What class slab did you use?

Yeah i hope it is earlier, though i am in no Real hurry to be honest

We have H1 Class Slab
Opelman
Hi everyone,

Wow. I got my first companion. Even i'm waiting for my land to be registered in 2nd half of 2019. My lot comes in Marsdenia Release Plan on Elara Blvd.
sdmels
Opelman
Hi everyone,

Wow. I got my first companion. Even i'm waiting for my land to be registered in 2nd half of 2019. My lot comes in Marsdenia Release Plan on Elara Blvd.

Hi, welcome

I am only new here, but good to see someone else joining
What builder have you chosen?
Haha, we are from stage1, we are in passion flower street!
Opelman
sdmels
Opelman
Hi everyone,

Hi, welcome

I am only new here, but good to see someone else joining
What builder have you chosen?

Not finalised a builder yet. Still shopping around. How about you? Still confused is this the right time to finalise a builder.
Hi,
Yes i have finalised a builder. I have the plans drawn up and ready to go, just need the builder to survey the site and do the soil tests etc when they are able to get in. I went with Rawson Homes. Have you got any ideas of who you might go with. What size is your land?
Opelman
Hi,
Yes i have finalised a builder. I have the plans drawn up and ready to go, just need the builder to survey the site and do the soil tests etc when they are able to get in. I went with Rawson Homes. Have you got any ideas of who you might go with. What size is your land?

Wow. Nice to know that you have finalised the builder and the design. It’s a tiring, time consuming and tedious process.

I have two builder in mind as of now , Hoot homes (budget homes of Wisdom) and Austec homes (family owned business with 30 yrs experience). Mine is 375 sq m block. How big is yours? I’ll finalise very soon. Just around different shop to understand the difference in quality of the materials provided by both of them.
sdmels
Opelman
Hi,

Wow. Nice to know that you have finalised the builder and the design. It’s a tiring, time consuming and tedious process.

I have two builder in mind as of now , Hoot homes (budget homes of Wisdom) and Austec homes (family owned business with 30 yrs experience). Mine is 375 sq m block. How big is yours? I’ll finalise very soon. Just around different shop to understand the difference in quality of the materials provided by both of them.

Hi,
Ok Nice, i havent hear of either but good to shop around and see what kind of a deal you Can get. I visited the land on the weekend and it looks like they have laid turf around the edges of the lots but its hard to see from opposite side of land. The land looked like it had been further smoothed over too. My land is 320sqm, 10 by 32, enough space for me

Have you visited the land recently?
sdmels
Opelman
Hi everyone,

Hi sdmels, I am on Marsdenia Ave and also in similar situation , so far narrowed down to 3 builders, 9 months tender seems tight on offer not knowing exactly when its registering.
Opelman
sdmels
Opelman
Hi,

Hi,
Ok Nice, i havent hear of either but good to shop around and see what kind of a deal you Can get. I visited the land on the weekend and it looks like they have laid turf around the edges of the lots but its hard to see from opposite side of land. The land looked like it had been further smoothed over too. My land is 320sqm, 10 by 32, enough space for me

Have you visited the land recently?

Yes, I visited 2 weeks ago and you are right, not able to see the progress from a long distance. With the current pace of work I am wondering when they will be able to settle the land?
HaminZa
sdmels
Opelman
Hi everyone,

Hi sdmels, I am on Marsdenia Ave and also in similar situation , so far narrowed down to 3 builders, 9 months tender seems tight on offer not knowing exactly when its registering.

Hi Hamish, nice to know and happy to see more ppl who are waiting for the land to be registered and start the construction. If you haven’t signed the contract, then negotiate with the builder for 12 months tender. How big is the lot size?
Same as yours 375sqm. No contracts sign yet. Well the 2 builders had standard 6 mths tender but recently offer by their management 9mths tender free when understood our predicament. The other builder had 12 mths so that is ok.

If you visit the site at night, all streets are lighted up like xmas now
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum