Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Merricks 42 Clarion - Melbourne

Page 3 of 7
After a few more rounds of slashing weeds and cleaning up, we have a temporary fence and portable loo on-site! It really is such a small difference but it feels like such a big step.

The site start date was supposed to be last Monday, but the site manager re-considered some overhead lines which were previously thought to be no problem, and required a permit to work under. This has been issued now, and we're just waiting for flags to be put on an oddly-low-hanging Telstra cable that connects our neighbours house to a pole across the street, right over our future drive way...
Excavation day 1

Week 2: power box, some concrete piering, and a pool...

Pre-pour inspection all clear. Ready to pour the slab!

Very exciting!! I thought "that doesn't look like the Merricks" but then realised the pic is from the back of the block!
juddy29
Very exciting!! I thought "that doesn't look like the Merricks" but then realised the pic is from the back of the block!

You're right! There's a bit of a hill behind the house and the block backs onto a reserve so it's a bit easier to get an overview in one frame than from the front driveway.

From this angle we're in front of the garage.
Happy Slabsgiving!

How come you have a drain inside your garage? Congratulations on on slab!

Macher
How come you have a drain inside your garage? Congratulations on on slab!

Sorry, I mean the outdoor room

Macher
How come you have a drain inside your ... outdoor room

This is the plumbing for a sink waste, there will also be a cold water point and gas point coming for the outdoor kitchen.
Framing going up.

Hi r_13

Your timing is very similar to ours! We slabbed within 3 days of you, and similar with framing.
It's nice to finally see something rising up out of the ground, isn't it!
Hope it all goes smoothly, I'll be watching!
p.s. gorgeous block and surrounding autumn trees, where are you building?
Blacktea2sugars
Hi r_13

Your timing is very similar to ours! We slabbed within 3 days of you, and similar with framing.
It's nice to finally see something rising up out of the ground, isn't it!
Hope it all goes smoothly, I'll be watching!
p.s. gorgeous block and surrounding autumn trees, where are you building?

Hi Blacktea2sugars

I read your thread, looks like you've progressed really quickly from land auction to construction (at least, compared to us!). Very exciting to see it all taking shape.

We're building in the eastern suburbs Maroondah area, on a subdivided "battleaxe" property in a built up area. Several homes are under construction in the same street, though not neighbouring. It's a symptom of a change in zoning in 2015 reducing the minimum block size from about 1500m2 to 850ish leading to a few people with 2000+ blocks going for subdivision. This is partly the reason for our headaches with planning permits because there are several restrictive Overlays. Anyway, many different building companies with different timelines operating along our street. It's action packed up there!
Ready for roof tiling next week

Roof is looking great, some breakage. More tiles needed to finish the garage.

We have received the slab and frame report from Darbecca, sent through to M today.
I had a site walkaround with the SS yesterday, it was good to walk in the space, and to go up the ladder to the upper floor.

We went line by line over the schedule of defects on the Darbecca report - it was very reassuring. SS took the report seriously, and explained the significance of each noted defect and the rectification strategies. A majority of items had already been fixed, and timelines were given for the remainder, most of which will be done this week.

Front door frame is delivered, all windows and sliding and stacker doors have been delivered and are being installed. Rough ins done or underway for heating/cooling ducting, electrical, and plumbing. Should be ready for pre-plaster inspection by the end of the month.
More tiles delivered. Starting to wrap the walls. Plumbing rough in is done and we can see the green pipes installed to put rainwater through to the toilets.

The front door frame and double glazed windows and stacker doors are installed. The window splashback in the kitchen looks good, too.

The Hebel will be here soon.

If you have chosen a Dulux colour externally I would make some large sample boards with Dulux paint to compare to the final colour.
Mirrmu83
If you have chosen a Dulux colour externally I would make some large sample boards with Dulux paint to compare to the final colour.

Thanks for the tip Mirrmu83 - why do you suggest that, just to make sure the right colours are used?
Hey r13

Looking very nice there! Our frame had some issues too. glad to see they are responsive to the fixes/recommendations.
Good to see the wrap, now the weather can do pretty much what it wants (and in Melbourne it will!)

you must be pleased
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum