Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon - Chelsea 37

Page 3 of 5
johar.ankur
Hi mate,
I’ve been following your built.. how long does the SM reckons will take to handover from now on?

All the best!
Ankur
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=92021&view=last#last

Not sure, even the SM wont/cant really give any kind of date.

Even to get to PCI I'll probably only find out a week or so before hand.

But doing basic napkin math, id say handover should be around early to mid September
zooch84
johar.ankur
Hi mate,
I’ve been following your built.. how long does the SM reckons will take to handover from now on?

All the best!
Ankur

But doing basic napkin math, id say handover should be around early to mid September

So that’s a 9 month turnaround for a single story when their last year average was 4 months for single story & 6.5 for double..

Which area are you building?
johar.ankur
zooch84
johar.ankur
Hi mate,

All the best!
Ankur

So that’s a 9 month turnaround for a single story when their last year average was 4 months for single story & 6.5 for double..

Which area are you building?

Building in Oran Park

M still have builds for most single stories around 4-5 months. Ours is a little different mainly due to the size (37SQ so really its a double story size on a single floor) and also we have alot of unique things that require very specific manufacture and install, mainly our 2x5m wooden bifolds and timber lined roof to various areas. Aside the cost, the extras require a extreme attention to detail so getting the 'right' tradie and manufacturer is proving to be challenging.
Update 25/06:

So not unsurprisingly our Bi-Fold doors did not get installed on Friday as was told.

Supposedly supposed to happen tomorrow now. If they get held back again, the SM will be escalating higher up the chain with M as its becoming unacceptable.

Supposed to be a 'busy' week with alot going on, render, brickworks, carpentry etc supposed to start.

Went up there earlier this morning, no one there....seems they are off to a good start this week. /sarcasm
Update 28/06:

Now im getting really mad, frustrated and on the verge of losing all pretences of sanity!

Another week gone and nothing. Not a thing has happened that has been promised. Our supposed week of action has turned into a week of total inaction.

We were supposed to be priority one this week apparently. I'd hate to see what those of a lower priority have to put up with!

When you whole life is on hold (i need to take a break from work which I am doing when we move) plus my career is on hold due to the build, every day wasted is another day behind you get in your life.

Getting real over it.

rant over....
zooch84 I hope that things turn around for you quickly. It's probably not much comfort now but in the whole scheme of things it will be pretty soon that you will be living in your house and won't even be affected any more by the the bad parts of the construction process and the waiting. At least, that's what I'm telling myself!
Thanks r_13

I know eventually it will get there. After a while the pressure to want to explode builds and builds.

If they could just do what they say hahaha

Least we had s small plus, the wardrobe fitout got done last week (bar the doors due to non-lockup)

Apparently the Bi-Fold issue got escalated to management and now they are going to be installing over Tuesday and Wednesday.

The tilers will also be starting back this week to commence on the floors

Fingers crossed
So we win a little and lose a little once more...

Bifolds finally got delivered yesterday, so stage one of the door saga is over.

Stage 2 which is the installation was meant to happen today...but as usual, no one decided to turn up.

So our $25K bifolds are sitting in the garage all for sundry to see and take away.

Honestly my SM is glad he wasn't around, my fury would of resulted in some unpleasant words
Seems my frustration and ranting today has achieved something.

Behold!

Wow, that looks great!
Update 12/07:

So hows this for a good one. Tilers were meant to start this week but....

Apparantly there is a problem with the floor surface, the slab has been done to standard but if the tilers were to lay anything it wouldnt meet the tiling standard. So naturally i said to the SM well then screed the floor, simple as that

Turns out it will be 3-4 grand to get it done, and now M refuses to pay for it. The SM naturally blew up at them and said theres no way he will be asking us to pay for it as its not our problem, but now theres this argy bargy going on with some pathetic internal M dispute.

So now we wait until a decision is made from the higher ups. All i can say is that they won't be getting a dime more, the house can sit there for 10 years for all I care, they've made enough from us already.
zooch84
Update 12/07:

Apparantly there is a problem with the floor surface, the slab has been done to standard but if the tilers were to lay anything it wouldnt meet the tiling standard. So naturally i said to the SM well then screed the floor, simple as that

Turns out it will be 3-4 grand to get it done, and now M refuses to pay for it. The SM naturally blew up at them and said theres no way he will be asking us to pay for it as its not our problem, but now theres this argy bargy going on with some pathetic internal M dispute.

So now we wait until a decision is made from the higher ups. All i can say is that they won't be getting a dime more, the house can sit there for 10 years for all I care, they've made enough from us already.

Sorry to hear mate.. did you get an external inspector to review the slab by any chance? Can’t believe M couldn’t get the slab right
johar.ankur
zooch84
Update 12/07:

Sorry to hear mate.. did you get an external inspector to review the slab by any chance? Can’t believe M couldn’t get the slab right

Yeah we did, the slab is to design spec and standard. It just seems its more the levels etc that are the issue with the Tilers, so the slab itself it fine.

However some good news, went up there this morning and SM was there, he advised that its sorted and that M will wear the cost. Tilers should be starting Saturday or Monday at the latest.

I think they knew this was a fight they weren't going to win.
Update 02/08/18:

Tiles have been laid down inside and out. The tiles on the outside still haven't been grouted as they run out of tiles and haven't been back. (The wrongly reversed the pattern, it should of been black border with a grey centre, they did the reverse...how these people do anything right is anyone's guess)

Also had the wood lining get installed for the alfresco, portico and entrance way, love it
...they were however also meant to do the wrap on the outside bedroom and that wasn't done...So once again its the 3/4 house.

Downpipes have also gone in (again only 3/4 finished)

We are supposed to be having PCI by the end of August....personally I call you know what...but we'll see

Wow them timber ceilings look awesome!!
Thanks Dulie, they would want to be for the price they are!
Sigh feels like deja vu once again.

SM rings last week, all frantic on the phone saying he wants to get the house down in the next 2-3 weeks and that we will have a hive of activity and heaps going on. He is getting to a stage where its now getting annoying for him and he wants it finished. (personally I think he wants to leave and go somewhere else but is waiting to finish off jobs).

Apparently the painters are meant to be there this week. Go up there and its barren, not so much as a mouse has moved a piece of cheese. These SM's are good at talking the talk, but action seems to be non-existent. How can he get it done in 2-3 weeks when no one shows up?!?

We also had to move the temp fencing closer to the house a couple of weeks ago as the neighbours have a pool put in and need to get fencing up asap etc as they are also due to move in. SM last week has a massive whinge last week cause it cost him a fortune to move the temp fence and the neighbours havne't started yet.

Uses that as a excuse as to why the water tank/aircon/HWS etc haven't been put in (which is fair), so we ring the neighbors, they tell us fencers should be there Monday/Tuesday. Go up there today, nothing......So better be tomorrow. I just have a feeling he said that to brush us off.

I'm so over the whole thing, we are so close its unbelievable. If they had a full week with everyone turning up it would be done in a week if not less. Why they don't just hone in the resources i'll never know.
Update 27/08:

All internal painting has been 95% finished, just waiting for trims etc to be done, then that will be finished just prior to PCI.

This week we are supposed to be getting rendering done on the outside (pfft, ive heard this one before, and now its had 4 drops of rain so no doubt that will be a excuse to not turn up)

Electrical work is supposed to commence Thursday and the internal carpenter is meant to turn up sometime this week to do the remaining door hangings, door knobs/stops etc along with installing our linen cupboard that for some reason hasn't had the doors installed on it......

I'll believe it when I see it, I've heard all this before and it never happens. Now we are nearly 3 months over our build time (was supposed to be 20 weeks) and theres got to be another 4-6 weeks at least worth to do. Then PCI time and then paperwork and handover, I can't see getting the keys prior to end of October at earliest..../sigh
zooch84

LOL- heck yes... we could have purchased a second kitchen for what our alfresco was going to cost to get timber lined! Ha ha

Looks amazing though!
BrentandAllison
zooch84

LOL- heck yes... we could have purchased a second kitchen for what our alfresco was going to cost to get timber lined! Ha ha

Looks amazing though!

Thanks Ill take some new ones with the Cabolts Charcoal stain over it, really sets it off

It's alot of black, and you do lose the wood effect, but the black really pops.

Between the front, alfresco and entry way was around $25K of tassy oak, your 2nd kitchen isn't far off the mark hahaha
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum