Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Build - Weeks Building Group - Balhannah SA

Page 3 of 3
AdelaideHills
Monkey55
I love your bathroom tiles, though I think they would give me a heart attack thinking they are cracked! Hehe.
Have you had any insurance or council issues with the easement on the property?

Hi Monkey,
thanks, the tiles don't looked as 'cracked' in person... No haven't had any issues regarding the Easement, we don't plan to build anything beyond the top of the slope down so the Easement shouldn't ever be a factor for us

Thank you!
The lot we are looking at has a swale along the back, and the hubby is worried. Everyone I have spoken to has had no issues.
Update:
We have had hand over! Stacker door glass is going to be replaced with no safety etchings on it, as originally requested. Other than that its just some painting touch ups here and there

Really happy with Weeks Building Group, the construction team anyway, our Site Manager Andrew has been a superstar!

Flooring has now begun, should be moving in tomorrow!

Fantastic news. Enjoy your new home šŸ‘šŸ˜€
Wow! Looks fantastic! Do you mind if I ask how much they quoted to do all the shelving and drawers in your walk in robe? Did you get additional shelving and drawers in the other bedrooms? Iā€™m trying to get a coating on whether we do all that through the builder or source it ourselves.
Also, what is the width of your hallway? It looks lovely and wide šŸ˜Š
Infra Red
Wow! Looks fantastic! Do you mind if I ask how much they quoted to do all the shelving and drawers in your walk in robe? Did you get additional shelving and drawers in the other bedrooms? Iā€™m trying to get a coating on whether we do all that through the builder or source it ourselves.

Hi Infra Red,
We did the Walk in Robe through Pakers, not the builder. Builder let Pakers install before hand over which was convenient (awesome Site Supervisor - Andrew). Have used Pakers in the past at previous house and are very happy with them. This wardrobe cost $2,790 fully installed. No robes in kids rooms yet, but will get Pakers again when the time comes
Infra Red
Also, what is the width of your hallway? It looks lovely and wide šŸ˜Š

Hallway is 1845mm at the Entry then narrows to 1275mm down the hall - does feel quite spacious, we also have 1600mm nook in the hallway which adds to the feeling
Congrats. Looks beautiful

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experience, it's great to be able to see the process happening and your feedback.
I am going to be building with Weeks soon and hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions?
You did your flooring after handover is that correct?
Did you ask Weeks to pin your skirting boards so that the installer of your floors could take them off, put the flooring in and then put the skirting on properly?
Did you use quading / scotia around the edges of your flooring, e.g. with the kitchen island (personally I don't like scotia's), but was hoping there may be a way to have kitchen cupboards raised to allow the flooring to go under the edges of the cupboards later. Similarly with the kitchen island if that was able to be raised to suit the height of the flooring pre-chosen so that it could be accommodated at install time.

Also how did you go with your contract at signing stage, did you ask for any changes, or were you happy to sign as it was. Was your build completed on time?
Thank you, appreciate your feedback if possible
Black Duck
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experience, it's great to be able to see the process happening and your feedback.
I am going to be building with Weeks soon and hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions?
Did you ask Weeks to pin your skirting boards so that the installer of your floors could take them off, put the flooring in and then put the skirting on properly?
Did you use quading / scotia around the edges of your flooring, e.g. with the kitchen island (personally I don't like scotia's), but was hoping there may be a way to have kitchen cupboards raised to allow the flooring to go under the edges of the cupboards later. Similarly with the kitchen island if that was able to be raised to suit the height of the flooring pre-chosen so that it could be accommodated at install time.

Also how did you go with your contract at signing stage, did you ask for any changes, or were you happy to sign as it was. Was your build completed on time?

Hi Black Duck,
All the best with your build!

Yes, we did flooring post handover, we too were worried about the skirting boards not being done in conjunction with the flooring. We thought about Weeks just 'tacking' them on and then getting the flooring people to install them correctly but, like everything, this would have cost extra for the flooring people to do this. And in addition, we would have to paint the skirting boards too. We ended up just having Weeks install and paint as usual and have the flooring people put scotia on. Honestly does not worry us in the slightest, if anything it adds some nice detail. We matched the scotia with our flooring so your eye is not drawn to it

We didn't make any changes at signing stage, nor post signing stage. We made sure we had everything in order before this point (made a lot of changes prior to this point)

The stage from signing to build start was the longest and most frustrating. The admin is not good, unless you ask for an update, or when something will be done, things don't seem to happen. The selections process was quite good and helpful

Once the actual build commenced, everything went quite smoothly and in a timely manner. We had a great Site Supervisor in Andrew which made all the difference

We are loving our home and cant fault the build quality
AdelaideHills
Black Duck
Hi,

Hi Black Duck,
All the best with your build!

Yes, we did flooring post handover, we too were worried about the skirting boards not being done in conjunction with the flooring. We thought about Weeks just 'tacking' them on and then getting the flooring people to install them correctly but, like everything, this would have cost extra for the flooring people to do this. And in addition, we would have to paint the skirting boards too. We ended up just having Weeks install and paint as usual and have the flooring people put scotia on. Honestly does not worry us in the slightest, if anything it adds some nice detail. We matched the scotia with our flooring so your eye is not drawn to it

We didn't make any changes at signing stage, nor post signing stage. We made sure we had everything in order before this point (made a lot of changes prior to this point)

The stage from signing to build start was the longest and most frustrating. The admin is not good, unless you ask for an update, or when something will be done, things don't seem to happen. The selections process was quite good and helpful

Once the actual build commenced, everything went quite smoothly and in a timely manner. We had a great Site Supervisor in Andrew which made all the difference

We are loving our home and cant fault the build quality

Thank you, really appreciate that

We have been happy with process so far, time will tell I guess. Couple of little things haven't been quite right - but we know we need to check everything and I mean everything! We would really like this to be an exciting and rewarding part of our lives, after all it's the biggest asset your probably ever going to own as well as your putting your money in someone else hands and hoping for the very best outcome

Enjoy your new home
can't wait until we can enjoy ours too.
Related
20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

15/04/2024
Pro finish tiling group

Renovation + Home Improvement

The wallopers will just say it's a civil matter.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum