Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building again, Ben Trager homes WA

Page 3 of 4

Went past this morning after work, had the usual “omg it’s too small” freak out. Neatest slab I’ve ever seen tho.

It is crazy how tiny the pads can look versus the house size.
tinkster

Went past this morning after work, had the usual “omg it’s too small” freak out. Nearest slab I’ve ever seen tho.

We're soon to be building with Ben Trager so will be watching with interest. Good luck with everything.
Benno123

We're soon to be building with Ben Trager so will be watching with interest. Good luck with everything.

Yay! What house? Where? How’s it all going?

Found it! Look forward to following your latest build tinkster.
tinkster
Benno123

Yay! What house? Where? How’s it all going?

We're going with a custom design, living areas and main bedroom upstairs to capture ocean views at Jindalee. We've just had our pre-start and waiting on a few amendments to be costed. So far so good. Where are you building?
Benno123
We're going with a custom design, living areas and main bedroom upstairs to capture ocean views at Jindalee. We've just had our pre-start and waiting on a few amendments to be costed. So far so good. Where are you building?

Would love to see your plans etc.
we are building in Harrisdale

Not the only one. Just signed my PPA too

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=91899
Soakwells delivered yesterday, in the ground today, not sure why we have these pipes sticking WAY up already but never mind. Loving that there so far isn’t any wasted time, one thing after another.

Hi tinkster,

Looking forward to following your build, making great progress. I used to live in Harrisdale..Nice spot...and plenty happening around there!
I believe the pipes are installed now for the top story drainage. They install them now so the brick layers brick around them.
You are correct sparky, those are the upper floor plumbing prelays
Don’t know I’ve ever seen them sticking up like that before. But then again probably wouldn’t care so much to notice on someone else’s build

Called last after a sh!tful day to find they’ve started bricking. Significantly brightened my day.

tinkster
Called last after a sh!tful day to find they’ve started bricking. Significantly brightened my day.

Awesome news
Oops, apparently I’ve neglected this a little. Bricking took a little over two weeks and the floor braces for the upper storey have all gone up too

I met with the site super last week who was hoping the rain would hold off enough this week to get that slab poured.

Scaffold went up today so fingers crossed.

Pic from a while ago now, sunshine didn’t last long!

Hello Tinkster, nice to see you again!
After also building 6 years ago, I’m now back on home one as we are about to do it again (4th build).
There’s a few of us around that built back in 2010-2012 that seem to be doing it again.
Plans look awesome!
Hey gogo! A 4th build?! I’m not planning to leave this one for a LONG time.

Would love to see some plans when you get there.

This will also be our forever home (I hope!)
Will definitely start another thread, once things get moving.
My last build was over 4000 posts, I might have to share a little less😂
Headed into the house today. I’ve been past all week and seen people in and out but still no upper floor concrete so was feeling a little frustrated. Especially given we’ve got more rain coming early next week. But never mind.

Getting stairs ready fo concrete

Last of the bricking finished off as well. This is standing in the kitchen looking out across family and dining

Hopefully will have some bigger action soon !

After waiting what seems like forever for our upper floor slab it was finally poured today. Typically the one day hubby takes the kids to school instead of me so he sent me this.

I ducked down this arvo and had a quick look at the stairs

And climbed the ladder to sneak a peek at the slab too.

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum