Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rawson Edge 39 MKI - Lake Macquarie

Page 3 of 10
Wow, looking great. It’s going up quickly!

Hey guys, bricks are almost complete on the first level!

Just a question (and I think this has been discussed on other threads) - the Daikin controller upgrade. The one that allows WiFi connection. Worth it or no? I know there are after market systems available too. I’m also concerned about the lack of temperature sensors measuring the different zones. Silly me thought that if we paid for 4 zones that meant they were independently controlled and measured . . . Thoughts?

Scaffolding is up!

KateAndDuke
Hey guys, bricks are almost complete on the first level!

Just a question (and I think this has been discussed on other threads) - the Daikin controller upgrade. The one that allows WiFi connection. Worth it or no? I know there are after market systems available too. I’m also concerned about the lack of temperature sensors measuring the different zones. Silly me thought that if we paid for 4 zones that meant they were independently controlled and measured . . . Thoughts?

Hmmm I thought the zones were independently measured... maybe not!

If I had my time over I would have considered the wifi. I wasn't told it was an option lol. And I didn't ask because I was stupidly preoccupied with other useless decisions that in hindsight didn't warrant all that attention. Good on you for being practical. How much is the upgrade?

We have 4 zones and 2 temperature monitors. Ask Matt, he was all over the air con stuff.
Roof is on and the bricks are almost complete! Hoping for more good weather but this week is looking a little wet . . .

Hi KnD,

It's amazing how quick the external gets done, this was us 22nd Aug

and then again on 16th Nov

Hoping to go to the roughing day in a week or so to confirm how and where I want my electrics/data. I understand that it slows down a lot on the internal side though.....

Spotted any issues with the external side?

Bear
TheBear
Hi KnD,

It's amazing how quick the external gets done, this was us 22nd Aug

and then again on 16th Nov

Hoping to go to the roughing day in a week or so to confirm how and where I want my electrics/data. I understand that it slows down a lot on the internal side though.....

Spotted any issues with the external side?

Bear

Hi Bear,

That’s amazing progress! I checked our block today and the bricks are done. The next progress payment won’t be far off . . . Now for the cladding and matrix boards I assume.

I haven’t seen any major issues with the externals. A couple of the window frames were damaged and have since been replaced, but that’s about it.

The matrix board is going up and rendering is almost complete!

Looking good!
Congrats on the home build!

Were looking to build in the lake mac area also on our small block (12 m wide 37ish m long) and looked at the edge last weekend and loved it!

After mulling it over I think though for practicality reasons and concern about heat/privacy for the big windows and long staircase (our young daughter could really hurt herself falling down there) I think we'll go for the balmoral MK1 with the metro fascade also.

Sound like you've been happy with rawson so far?

Good luck with it and hope to see more of your updates in the near future
DR-JEKL
Congrats on the home build!

Were looking to build in the lake mac area also on our small block (12 m wide 37ish m long) and looked at the edge last weekend and loved it!

After mulling it over I think though for practicality reasons and concern about heat/privacy for the big windows and long staircase (our young daughter could really hurt herself falling down there) I think we'll go for the balmoral MK1 with the metro fascade also.

Sound like you've been happy with rawson so far?

Good luck with it and hope to see more of your updates in the near future

Hey DR-JEKL,

Ooo I would love to see another Edge in the area. There are a few around in the Elite facade but not any other Metros. I really wanted a skillion roof line, hence the Metro facade choice.

I wouldn’t rule out the Edge because of the stairs/window combo. I’ve seen other Edges out there with half the window in panels and most only have the window in the top level. They all look great, but of course you have to choose what suits your family.

Rawson have been great to deal with. Any delays/issues we have had weren’t their fault and they’ve been very accommodating. Hoping to be moved in by mid this year

You've made a nice choice!

A few other niggly factors have swayed us to the Balmoral, loved staircase, windows, large retreat, kitchen against one wall and large living room in the elite but felt the balmoral was more practical with larger kitchen butlers pantry alfresco area and we also have building restrictions on the first floor and the elite was too long.

Great to hear that they've been great to deal with, just realised we were looking at your house yesterday as my wife's aunty lives across the rd and we're tossing up between masterton (Brooklyn with edge cascade or villina with trend fascade which your neighbor has) and Rawson currently
Exterior painting is almost done. I have to say I’m very happy with the colour choices (phew!).

Looking good k&d. Looking forward to the money shot when the scaffold comes down!

Scaffolding is coming down. Loving the facade

What are you thinking in regards to window coverings?
k.goldington
What are you thinking in regards to window coverings?

The three vertical windows at the front will have external shutters installed. In terms of interior coverings, I’m not sure yet. Probably either plantation shutters or roller blinds. We may even get the windows tinted for privacy too.

Looks sensational!

Looking good!!
Related
17/03/2024
Any reputable custom builder in lake macquarie area

Building A New House

It is in lake macquarie area and dimensions are width 14 m and depth 8 m and the slope is 1/5 going down from the road.

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum