Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

B1 Homes Perth WA -Custom Design

Page 3 of 4
Couldn’t agree more. Lots of circuit breakers too it’s frustrating when the power trips.

Can you corbel your verandah posts like the house to keep the scale even? If so what would the tops be finished with?

Build update:
Gutters & Cladding completed
Plumbing rough in complete
Steelwork for verandah completed

Roof cover to start tomorrow 04.04.18 - 05.04.18
Plastering to start Friday 06.04.18

Roof cover started.....

Happy with the progress,
Measuring for cabinets is booked in for Monday.

sparky_JsP
Happy with the progress,
Measuring for cabinets is booked in for Monday.

Looking good. Love your ceilings!
Here are our tapware selections

Kitchen

Laundry

Bathroom/Ensuite
Sinks

Baths

Showers

Powder Rooms
Here are our sanitary selections

Freestanding Bath

Under-mount Sinks for Bathroom & Ensuite

Powder rooms
Fair to Say this guy will be put outside......I hate spiders.....the joys of the bush

White set has been started

Hey sparky,

Your powering ahead with your progress, so much has happened. That ceiling looks awesome and the celestial windows will look fantastic. Rendering to the pillars and all your soffits and roof done too

Bahahhaha yes the spiders do seem larger in the country hey. The kids house a green tree frog bigger than the palm of my hand and I refused point blank to touch it

How did you go with your automation appointment and what fit out did you decide on in the end?
The Clipsal rep was pushing there new product.....Iconic!....which I am still not sold on. This product is in early days of construction. Yes they have rolled out some good products so far, but wasn't sold on the blue-tooth connectivity. I wanted to be able to connect to my system anywhere. Clipsal are developing the Iconic range to eventually incorporate internet connectivity. The date is still not confirmed.

C-bus is becoming more comparable on price as the shift of the public move to z-wave based systems. C-bus have designed a module than can be connected to the net. C-bus is something you have to decide on in the beginning, so I have not gone with this. I am going with a fibaro system that allows me to expand at my own pace. The relays are installed behind an existing switch and still allow you to operate the light switch as normal. The home centre has many different plug ins available to allow different systems to talk to each other.
Yeah I have been looking into Iconic as well which certainly looks the goods but BLE Connectivity is the downside for me. If it was Z-Wave I would be all over it. The other concerning thing being it looks like it was released 18 months ago and I really cant find too much information on people having actually USED the things as part of a home automation system.

I have looked into Fibaro and its certainly the closest system which will achieve what I want out of the box which is essentially a locally based home automation.system. I had already marked down Fibaro as providing the relays. I just havent decided to go on the hub (due to its huge cost) until I try out OpenHAB. I already have a permanently running server so adding a home automation server on top shouldn't be an issue. Just whether I have the aptitude or desire to set it all up properly and have a functionign system
We're Locked up & shelving has been started
Good thing is being the owner/electrician, I get a construction Key!!

Kitchen, laundry, bathroom & ensuite cabinets have been installed

Deep Water (Taubmans) with Setler profile & Hafele handles
Stone to be statuario Venato
Falmec undermount rangehood (Inside roof motor)

Laundry

True white cabinets with zinc stone Essa stone

Ensuite & Bathroom
True white cabinets with zinc stone Essa stone

Internal Switches (with blue indication lights)

Internal Recessed Lighting
XDK 10 W
https://www.corsalighting.com/copy-of-l ... -j5w5o53m3

Garage Lighting

https://superlight.com.au/exterior-land ... d-12w-led/

Outside front exterior lighting

Pendants we have chosen
Floor wet area tiling to start Friday

Will post some photos soon
Saturn zen they are best thing ever

jpmontoya
Saturn zen they are best thing ever

Yes they are a clean looking switch....although we are using them for switches only, and some GPO's in the same range for the kitchen.
The rest of the gpo's & TV/Data will be just classic clipsal type
Water proofing completed, ready for the floor tiling to start today!

Floor tiling has started!

Laundry

Ensuite

Bathroom

Related
1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum