Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Wisdom Homes - Manhattan 39 Build Thread

Page 3 of 4
20th August - slowish week. Tiling delivery arrived but did not start. Just vanities got installed in bathroom and laundry and that's really it. SS said tiling to commence this coming week and kitchen install as well. Fingers cross it goes to plan. Also they'll be removing scaffolding which I can't wait for. Then I'll get to see the real beauty of the home !

GLO - for tiles you'll have to scroll up this post. Have posted our choices above

Hey mate. Where is the build. We are going with the 39 Manhattan too. Have you been on site yet? How is the ceiling hight? We are thinking going 3 meters ourselves.
We are building in St John's Park. Yes ceiling heights are awesome at 3.2m. Makes a world of difference but will cost you
Rami_m
Hey mate. Where is the build. We are going with the 39 Manhattan too. Have you been on site yet? How is the ceiling hight? We are thinking going 3 meters ourselves.

doosra
We are building in St John's Park. Yes ceiling heights are awesome at 3.2m. Makes a world of difference but will cost you
Rami_m

Nice! We are at Kellyville. How do you find wisdom so far?

Been in a few open homes and liked the extra hight. What made you go all the way to 320?
Drove past the house today and my SS was out front so he was kind enough to take me through the house.

House is going well.

Week of 10th Sept - wet area tiling completion, benchtops and basins and some tapware in. Alarm and electrical and aircon work as well.

Pantry, WIR measure ups likely this week/next and then once that's all done and then gyprock maintainance and painting and we are almost complete.

Also went out to purchase pool tiles and pool coping today. Silver Travertine for pool coping and Grey Oyster French pattern for the pool surrounds and alfresco.

Wow doosra I love your selections of the bathroom tiles.House looks great
doosra
Drove past the house today and my SS was out front so he was kind enough to take me through the house.

House is going well.

Week of 10th Sept - wet area tiling completion, benchtops and basins and some tapware in. Alarm and electrical and aircon work as well.

Pantry, WIR measure ups likely this week/next and then once that's all done and then gyprock maintainance and painting and we are almost complete.

28th Sept - Shelving and robes installed.
7th Oct - painting completed and scaffolding down.
Not much activity happening lately and this wet weather hasn't helped as we are waiting on pool works to complete.

Also waiting shower screen install and tiling to complete due to not having enough tiles and needing to be sent from Italy.

Not much left to do but these last few weeks have felt like a drag...

spk_homebuild
doosra

House is going well.

That looks great! What was the cost of the those stairs?
GLO
spk_homebuild
doosra

House is going well.

That looks great! What was the cost of the those stairs?

A hefty 23k.
doosra

Hi Doosra,
Inching closer I see!

I have a question for you (and anyone else that can comment)

1. did you go via CDC or DA? I have been advised that the Private Certifier is citing that to comply, the Parapet must be no more than 1m from the gutter line. Yours and everyone else's (including Wisdom's standard Designer Facade- no balcony) exceeds this measurement.

2. Is your Garage Door 'smooth finish'? I am planning on ordering the BnD Panel lift Icon, in Nullabor Smooth (upgraded from Steel line Smooth due to 'oil canning') and wanted to know if you have seen the 'issue' Some say that the textured finish is less prone to 'oil canning' but id love to hear your actual experience.

Thanks
GLO
doosra

Hi Doosra,
Inching closer I see!

I have a question for you (and anyone else that can comment)

1. did you go via CDC or DA? I have been advised that the Private Certifier is citing that to comply, the Parapet must be no more than 1m from the gutter line. Yours and everyone else's (including Wisdom's standard Designer Facade- no balcony) exceeds this measurement.

2. Is your Garage Door 'smooth finish'? I am planning on ordering the BnD Panel lift Icon, in Nullabor Smooth (upgraded from Steel line Smooth due to 'oil canning') and wanted to know if you have seen the 'issue' Some say that the textured finish is less prone to 'oil canning' but id love to hear your actual experience.

Thanks

Hey mate. Sorry bout delay.

Yes I went through cdc and for garage it's the standard garage.

Almost at the finish line. Tiling inside and out done so now just waiting for handover to happen.

Handover date is 18th Dec. Can't wait !! Driveway will not be finished in time and potentially fencing before the new year

A couple more photos..... More deliveries of dining table and leather couch and coffee table and ground floor should be all set up except blinds/shutters which will come next year.

doosra
A couple more photos..... More deliveries of dining table and leather couch and coffee table and ground floor should be all set up except blinds/shutters which will come next year.

Looks absolutely amazing doosra

In the entry way do you have lights in the ceiling or only in the niche ?

Hate to ask, top 3 regrets(if you are okay to share)?

Thanks

Chompy
doosra

Looks absolutely amazing doosra

In the entry way do you have lights in the ceiling or only in the niche ?

Hate to ask, top 3 regrets(if you are okay to share)?

Thanks

Yep lights in niche. Hmm one regret is not getting alarm remotes added and garage integrated into the keyfob. Only downside is I need to pay a Call out fee and cost and extra 120 bucks. Otherwise quite happy with the build. Maybe a light batton connection for above the garage so it comes on when I drive my car in. That's really it so only minor so overall very happy.

Found another one. I got white vanity cabinets in the other bathrooms. I should have upgraded to poly as you can tell it's not the best quality. The charcoal color in the photo though is laminate but turned out really nice. And also, probably should have made the showers bigger. In 2 bathrooms they are 930 x 930. Pretty tight.

Hi Doosra, how’s the aircon and insulation coping with these 40c days?
Which AC pakage did you opt for?

AC is working really well. Nice and cool in the house

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum