Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Trentham Build - The Baby Bordeaux

Page 3 of 12
So we're up to week 11 of our build and we the Hebel has nearly been finished, internal plaster has all been done and cornice has been installed. Here's some pictures! Hopefully we should be getting stairs soon, then cabinetry and doors to follow.

Entry

Front living (most likely going to be theatre room)

Study (hubby's den room)

Powder room

Kitchen/living/dining and you can see the Butlers with the window splashback

Master bed with our balcony doors

Master WIR and ensuite

Garage

Externals all hidden away behind the scaffolding
Those tiles- stunning!!! Some of them must be new as I don't remember seeing anything that stunning. Is it too soon to rip my bathroom out to start again? Hahaha

I hear ripping up tiles is not the most enjoyable home reno so keep that in mind... Haha. Thanks, we were really happy with our tile choices in the end, worth spending that bit extra compared to what we were originally thinking of having.
Looking good! House really starting to come together.
So they got this far and the Hebel ran out! Haha. New pack of Hebel on site today so hopefully they'll be back soon to finish that off. Starting to look a lot different now with the panels on the facade - very exciting!!! Our facade mouldings have been delivered to so can't wait for them to go up but think that will be a little while away.

The house looks absolutely amazing, it looks like your build has gone faster than mine!

Thanks! It's really coming together now! I think we are making pretty good time so far so hopefully it keeps on going this way. What did your build time end up being? I thought yours went up really quick!
It took approximately 6 months to be finished. We are currently at the landscaping phase as we are on a slope and have had to build a blue stone path to the house which has required a lot of concreting! Hoping it will be finished by Christmas.

6 months is good! You'll have to post some landscaping photos.
We're hoping we'll have handover in December which will be about 5 months build time. We just hope things go relatively smoothly between now and then. We're doing flooring and concrete after handover and are trying to squeeze it all in before Christmas (which is always everyone's plan so we'll see if we pull it off!). This week they've finished installing the Hebel and we have stairs.

Had a meeting with our SS today and very excited to see our cabinetry all in! Very exciting! We hadn’t really seen our cabinetry choices in any displays beforehand so happy to say we’re happy with the finishes – satin formwrap for the kitchen, riven finish for all the bathrooms, normal laminate for the laundry. They have started doing the doors and door frames and skirting to go on soon too. On the exterior, Hebel is all installed and they have put some of the façade mouldings up. Really happy with how it’s all coming along at the moment.

Just sharing some external pics as the scaff started to be taken down today. Build progress has slowed a lot over the last couple of weeks - they are building a new display home village in our area and we're pretty sure that's the reason for it which is a bit frustrating. The stone bench tops have been installed and architraves and skirtings are mainly installed. So happy with the increased skirting size, makes a massive difference! Waterproofing has been done as well, painting should be starting soon and tiles apparently getting delivered this week too. Should be looking at handover early December which will be great! Got our fixing invoice today but unless they get a lot done this week I think we might have to contest paying this one on time... There are a bit over-efficient on invoicing. Lol.

Great looking build ! I'm looking at building something similar. Do you have more photos from the side of your house showing the parapet ?
Love your facade. It’s looking great. When did your build start?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Special_K
Great looking build ! I'm looking at building something similar. Do you have more photos from the side of your house showing the parapet ?

Thanks! No I don’t but I’ll take some next week and post them up for you! Our parapet mouldings are only on the facade and have a box gutter running behind them, then along the other elevations is just standard guttering. We are thinking we might add more mouldings down the track but for now just paid for the ones on the facade.
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thanks! Really happy with how it’s coming up, excited to see the portico and balcony finished! Our site start was about 17th July. They are making pretty good time, just annoying when there have been weeks where literally nothing has happened for no apparent reason.
Bethany
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thanks! Really happy with how it’s coming up, excited to see the portico and balcony finished! Our site start was about 17th July. They are making pretty good time, just annoying when there have been weeks where literally nothing has happened for no apparent reason.

Your site started one day before ours. And we had 1 months delay due to rain and rocks for the slap to be poured.

Yeah I hate when it’s delayed. So does my ss. But when it’s back on he gets all the tradies there in one go. That’s what I like about him.

M has given us a June date for handover. But because his come so far in an short time. His now given is a feb date. Hopefully there’s no delays.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Bethany
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Your site started one day before ours. And we had 1 months delay due to rain and rocks for the slap to be poured.

Yeah I hate when it’s delayed. So does my ss. But when it’s back on he gets all the tradies there in one go. That’s what I like about him.

M has given us a June date for handover. But because his come so far in an short time. His now given is a feb date. Hopefully there’s no delays.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Your house has been coming along really well - your house is twice the size of ours so I guess that's why handover probably isn't expected til Feb!

Our slab, frame and roof went really fast. Then we had about a month delay as they were trying to figure out our box gutter and how they were going to be able to make it work. Not much work has happened over the last few weeks either because of the local display homes being built and pinching all the tradies. When they are on site working though things seem to happen quite quickly which is great.

Our M date in contract was June I think but they overstate it big time. Our SS told us last week that handover should be first week of December. Unfortunately we got told we have a new SS starting, so I'll mention this handover date when we meet him on Monday and gauge his reaction... Lol. Hoping we are happy with our new SS, our site has been cleaned up of rubbish for the first time ever since he's come on board so hopefully that's a promising sign!
Bethany
Doulton777
Bethany
[quote="Doulton777"]Love your facade. It’s looking great. When did your build start?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Your house has been coming along really well - your house is twice the size of ours so I guess that's why handover probably isn't expected til Feb!

Our slab, frame and roof went really fast. Then we had about a month delay as they were trying to figure out our box gutter and how they were going to be able to make it work. Not much work has happened over the last few weeks either because of the local display homes being built and pinching all the tradies. When they are on site working though things seem to happen quite quickly which is great.

Our M date in contract was June I think but they overstate it big time. Our SS told us last week that handover should be first week of December. Unfortunately we got told we have a new SS starting, so I'll mention this handover date when we meet him on Monday and gauge his reaction... Lol. Hoping we are happy with our new SS, our site has been cleaned up of rubbish for the first time ever since he's come on board so hopefully that's a promising sign![/quote]

I hate it when that happens they change your ss. M gave my ss an option to build new houses to build in point cook. But they told him he had to give us some houses. He picked a few. Then they said how about ours. But he said no I want to stay with this one. Oh boy am I so glad he stayed. There’s no way we would get someone like him again. As it was they gave it originally to another ss. Then that ss seen how big the job was. And he said no this is a job for this ss. Cos he knew he was the best one for this job. Even thou my ss has never done such a big house before. But his an ex builder he knows what his doing. And the other ss knew he would be the best for the job.

I really hope your next ss is as good. Would love to see more pics of your beautiful home. It’s coming up very nicely. Hopefully there’s no more delays for you.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
So good and bad news... The new SS does seem very good and has responded well to all our little bits and pieces we’ve found that we’d like to fix up. On mentioning our previous handover date his response was no chance. He also said not before Christmas and then with all suppliers over holiday period closing I kinda feel like we’ll be February now. Total bummer but at least he’s been honest with us so we can plan some different accommodation as it’s going to be much later than expected. First person from M that has just given us the bad news instead of promising dates they never meet... does that count as a win? Lol.
Bethany
So good and bad news... The new SS does seem very good and has responded well to all our little bits and pieces we’ve found that we’d like to fix up. On mentioning our previous handover date his response was no chance. He also said not before Christmas and then with all suppliers over holiday period closing I kinda feel like we’ll be February now. Total bummer but at least he’s been honest with us so we can plan some different accommodation as it’s going to be much later than expected. First person from M that has just given us the bad news instead of promising dates they never meet... does that count as a win? Lol.

At least he was upfront with you. They need to be particularly when people are living in rental properties.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum