Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

GJ Gardner Mandalay 282 - Bundanoon

Page 3 of 5
It’s all getting real - bricks completed!

viewtopic.php?t=87836&f=31&p=1707925#p1707925
Awesome, awesome awesome!!!!

The bricks above the alfresco sliding doors. Did you have to ask GJ's for that pattern or that is the default way they lay it?
gummz
Awesome, awesome awesome!!!!

The bricks above the alfresco sliding doors. Did you have to ask GJ's for that pattern or that is the default way they lay it?

Must be default, we haven’t been consulted about it. Going down on Sunday to have a look, getting excited now!!
ohhh my how nice is that ceiling height!!!
Looks amazing! Just love your outside colours
marz1983
Looks amazing! Just love your outside colours

Thanks Marz, any updates on your site yet?
Bricks cleaned, cladding completed, aircon/electrical/insulation done and gyprock booked for 13/11, if it continues on track SS thought possibly completed by mid Jan 😀

Loving the progress, the ceiling height in the mandalay is great! Mid january isn't too far away really..
Binderella
How have you found building with GJ so far?

Really good, pleased with the quality and the speed - our expected completion date is end March but SS thinks possibly finished by Xmas or early Jan so fingers crossed! Have you started yet?
More progress, moving along fast! Fitout scheduled for 27th.....only problem is the downpipes that should be coloured monument so I’m sure they will be replaced soon (edit -rookie error! Apparently they are painted to colour match after!!!!! 😂)

This looks great, we just started building with GJ aswell frames currently going up
Binderella
dillongl
Binderella
How have you found building with GJ so far?

Really good, pleased with the quality and the speed - our expected completion date is end March but SS thinks possibly finished by Xmas or early Jan so fingers crossed! Have you started yet?

WOW! That would be amazing if they complete it so quickly. Fingers crossed for a smooth run.

Nope, not yet. We're still waiting on council - 9 weeks so far. I live in the hope we may get approval this coming week.. Probably shouldn't count my chickens though..

Which size cladding did you choose?

Our council approval took three months!!! The waiting is agonising....not sure of the size but think it’s called stratum duo?
Today’s update - fixout booked for 28/11

External stairs have gone in - garage into the house and stairs from laundry down to back yard

SS been away for a week so no updates for a while. Received a photo yesterday saying painters were in between jobs so have started the outside painting - hope to go and have a look over the weekend to see what’s happened over the last few weeks

Your place is spectacular
love the high ceilings
charlibear
Your place is spectacular
love the high ceilings

Thanks Charlibear, hope you are loving your home and the nightmares from the build are fading.
ahh looks absolutely fantastic and is going up pretty quick, got to be happy with that! When do they expect to be finished?
marz1983
ahh looks absolutely fantastic and is going up pretty quick, got to be happy with that! When do they expect to be finished?

They are saying mid to end January although contract date is end March
Related
11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum