Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ausbuild Stretton Heights - First Home Build QLD

Page 3 of 9
This is what I have found on Brisbane City Council the other day for one of the lots in the estate. In the properties sections it does say 57 Acadia Road Karawatha then on the second line L59 Stretton Heights @ Karawatha 48 Wallum St Karawatha Q4117

Acacia road is the street outside and wallum st is the street that comes into the estate, but lot 59 is further in and it should be a different street name. I guess only the council can confirm this house number.

But I never seen any estates that has a townhouse numbering system to a house, except possibly when you sub-divide the land?
It will definitely be weird address, that's y I am hesitating to buy land that's not already titled and registered with council.

Not sure if u can wriggle out of not settling though, the land sale contract obviously only states lot plan , doesn't have address on it.

getting my sis to call council as shes off work tomoro
I agree its definitely not ideal to have a townhouse style housing number when it clearly not, I will wait for your reply tomorrow and see if i also get an email reply. Please keep me inform on the situation, fingers crossed that is not the case.
I just contacted the BCC and they couldn't find any information on the lot in their system, they lady told me to give title office a call which I did and they couldn't find anything as well. So I'm guessing the developer haven't lodge this with the council.
so are the lots registered yet at DNRM? how do you settle on a land that is not registered/titled yet?
Yesterday afternoon we went on-site since we had some time to kill and was surprised that Ausbuild seem to have already started site prep with our land and also one of the neighbouring lot, we also met one of the neighbours that lives 4 houses up a lovely family, can't wait to see their build progress as well.

Looks like a temporary driveway for them to access the land.

A pile of dirt accumulated

Site boundary, looks like I will need a retaining wall. The other lots have retaining walls build by the developer at no cost do you guys think this is something I can talk to them about our site?
Just an update so received email from builder the slab will be poured on the 13th of July!

This morning went on site and there was few tradies working on our lot and lot 25 who's also building with Ausbuild.

Currently working on the footing of the house, should be completed by end of day.
clap clap clap

what did the soil test show and what slab is it? H1 or H2?
Oh how exciting!!! I didn't know they were still developing land in Stretton lol. Nice area!! Looking forward to seeing your progress.
its not stretton, its just called stretton heights. Its in rochedale past the landfill =)
KangaBanga
its not stretton, its just called stretton heights. Its in rochedale past the landfill =)

Ahhh ok. That is confusing lol
yeah not sure why ausbuild decided to call it stretton heights, stretton is nearby but still a couple suburbs away and on the otherside of the motorway. Maybe trying to capitalise on the fame of stretton as its near to runcorn/sunnybank hills and to attract the asian buyers from those areas who are more familiar with the name stretton.
Karawatha is actually a suburb right next to Stretton, and Kanga is right calling its Stretton Heights is more attractive than Karawatha Heights. The developer is actually not by Ausbuild, they just got 5 lots from the developer and selling them on.
KangaBanga
clap clap clap

what did the soil test show and what slab is it? H1 or H2?

The soil test came back as H2 and its a waffle pod slab design.
Hi Mai,

Yeah they would use waffle, its cheaper for builders to use that compared to raft concrete or slab on ground. Make sure they dont charge you extra for waffle as it is the cheaper version of slab from what i read.
Went by this morning looks like the footing has been completed

Underground plumbing today, 5 hours down had this done on Thursday and was preparing waffle pod on Friday and then concreting the slab this morning as I drove past. Our slab pour is due on this Thursday.

Preparing for slab pour tomorrow !

Mai Panda
Preparing for slab pour tomorrow !

How exciting!!
Related
26/10/2023
Queensland ceiling heights - help!

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

We bought a house in 2015 advertised as a 7/2/2, 4br up, 3br down (7br), and to date, it’s a great house. However, we’ve just had it valued and it’s come in as a…

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum