Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Henley Electra build in Mernda/VIC

Page 3 of 4
Update - the slab pour was postponed to this week and was finaly done on Tuesday. I had arranged private inspection before slab pour and we didn't find too many issues; and the SS advised that the issues identified were fixed before slab pour.

So pretty excited about the next phase; will be posting a photo once I take it during the weekend.
Update - here are the slab photos. As per the SS, framing is already started this week - so should have an update again after this weekend

Framing - started last week and expected to continue this week

Eskay
Framing - started last week and expected to continue this week

It’s looking great and going up fast! I’m in northern suburbs too and was wondering how long it took you from contract signing to site start? If there was any hold up, do you know why (eg developers hold up or land settlement or just on Henley’s side)? I’m just trying to figure out when I might get to site. My contract appt is a couple of weeks away.
Hi JustMia

Henley advised that they can go to site within 30 days after finance approval, once contract is signed. It took about 1.5 months for me to get Finance approval after contracts and then the finance broker didn't inform(!!!) the approval to Henley for more than a week - evevn though I am financing via Waterstone !!

My admin actually received the finance approval information on 12SEP after I followed up with the broker; and site start was on 02OCT, so it took about 20 days.
Framing is now continuing for the second storey; waiting for Henley to advise when framing will be complete so that I can have a private inspection by Darbecca arranged.

Framing & roof has been completed and windows & bricks are starting this week. Darbecca inspection for Frame is done; got a 38 page report and Henley has fixed most of the items reports. SS advised that the pending items will be fixed during the next stage.
Quick update - plaster is completed on the house. Will be posting the latest photos this weekend ...
Hi Eksay,

Hope your build is going well.

How was your experience with financing with waterstone.Do they get you a good deal?

Also, would you mind sharing some recent pics of your build.Thanks
Hi mate,

The build is proceeding well; I've been very busy so unable to post recently.

Please find some latest photos below - the work outside is almost done (including render) while painting was being done inside. The tiles will start this week; we are looking at hopefully getting it by end of april.

Waterstore was good; Kevin was fantastic. You get almost the same deal with most brokers, but Kevin was the differentiator for us. Also, you get $1K off if you use Waterstone which was the deal clincher

The scaffolding is now down

Wow..looks great. Thanks for the update Eskay
Hi Eskay

If all goes well we will be building the Electra 35 later this year.
The images and info from posts like yours has been invaluable and I thank you for sharing.
Are there any updates on your build and how has it been dealing with Henley so far?
That's great news mate.

The house is in lockup phase which is why I've not posted anything recently. I am expecting NHP in the next few weeks; most of the internal work is done so just the finishing touches pending now. My SS has been alright; he has followed up and closed the items raised by my private inspections and I don't have any big complaints until now.

My suggestion would be to engage a private inspector for the main stages - this will help get you a better quality product for a minor price increase.

Photo of the Kitchen

Photo from the front
Thanks for the update; the kitchen looks great. Looks like you'll be in your home very soon.
Glad to hear Henley have been ok to deal with; reviews of Henley have me in fear however we really like the Electra floor plan as it will fit nicely onto our block.
We have the NHP scheduled on Tuesday; hope everything goes fine. Will be posting a few pics taken during the NHP next week ...
Thanks for the update Eskay, looking forward to seeing the finished result.
If all goes well we sign the contract this week for our Electra 35.
The NHP went well; there were a few minor defects. The handover date is potentially 2 weeks away; to be confirmed once Darbecca sends their report and the SS reviews it.

A couple of snaps below -

Looks good Eskay!! Congratulations !

Would you mind sharing the kitchen and butler's pantry pics.

Also, from where and what kind if flooribg you are getting? How much have you been quoted for this?Thanks
Thanks dreamhomz.

Just realised I've not taken photos of the Butler's pantry - will get them and upload ASAP. We are doing Wood Effect Vinyl for the entry way, main living room and dining areas; rest is carpet. We decided to do Vinyl as it's water proof (not just resistant) and with a toddler around (and potentially pets in the future) we wanted something water proof. We shopped around a lot; finally we decided to go with Carpet call as we got a good deal for about $12K. We are still a bit undecided about the colours; have changed them twice already but with Carpet call you can change them for free until about 1 week before the actual installation

Kitchen and dining area photos attached below (taken a couple of weeks back but nothing has changed) - they are a bit dirty but the house is supposed to get a good clean before handover.

Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum