Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Crystal Waters, North Kellyville

Page 3 of 9
GL1970
We bought our land in September 16 and the initial settlement date was October 17. The registration/settlement date has changed 6 times over the last 21 months.

Our sunset clause is 30th June 18.

Hi GL1970, we also bought it at the same time...do you know what happens after the sunset clause passes?
It’s a shame everything looks ready, can’t understand the Sydney Water delay??

APS
The sunset clause states how long a developer has to finish a project. So the developer or buyer may withdraw from the contract if the land is not completed by the sunset date. The buyer gets back their deposit.

Not sure how it applies to us given the land is completed but just waiting Sydney Water etc.

Have asked our solicitor to follow up with developer for specific dates of registration and settlement.
Hi all,

Spoke with council today and they were really helpful, the information was essentially that they are waiting for environmental reports from the developer and that this is the only outstanding item remaining.

Looks like any issues with Sydney water have been resolved and hopefully the developer will submit this final report really soon.

Also spoke with land titles office they said there is alittle bit of a back log of about 9 days so the mid June date given may work if council gives approval soon.

Hope this helps
Haydn
Stimpson - what block did you buy
Haydn
The agent from Atlantis reckons registration is going to be mid June. Anyone heard anything different?

Haydn its been a nightmare and we are so disappointed as we bought the block in June '17 and were told Dec registration - their sunset clause is September - council says they are waiting on Sydney water report from developer / it's no wonder a new agent is selling blocks left. We were also told we would have no problems building a single storey on our block and that an excavator would charge everyone $10k to level blocks blah blah - well WRONG - if we go ahead we are up for up to $100k in site costs

We were told the same thing. I'm expecting to have similar issues. Extremely annoyed that I let myself get conned.
Hi all,

Spoke to our legal guy today. The land is still in at council and hasn’t even made it to land titles yet. The developer has had a meeting with some top guys in council because he’s not happy at all!!!! Not sure what the outcome of the meeting was but let’s hope it’s not much longer.
Tempus2
Hi all,

Spoke to our legal guy today. The land is still in at council and hasn’t even made it to land titles yet. The developer has had a meeting with some top guys in council because he’s not happy at all!!!! Not sure what the outcome of the meeting was but let’s hope it’s not much longer.

He's not happy that's a joke! Im not happy either, not just with the developer but also Express who sold the land with the promise of being able to level it out for around "$10K" ha ha try $60K

no wonder they had a long sunset clause - we bought the block o 6/6/17 a year ago!
Stimpson
Tempus2
Hi all,

He's not happy that's a joke! Im not happy either, not just with the developer but also Express who sold the land with the promise of being able to level it out for around "$10K" ha ha try $60K

no wonder they had a long sunset clause - we bought the block o 6/6/17 a year ago!

Hi Tempus2

That $60k to level your land, I assume that means you were going to use retaining walls etc?

Did you talk to council if they will allow the land to be levelled?

When I went to Hills Council, they said I could only change the slope of the land directly under the plan area of the house, and not anywhere else. Plus they said I could only do a max of 1.0m cut and fill. Have you heard otherwise?
Hi Haydn,
I haven’t actually been to council. I think you’re response was actually meant for Stimpson as he/she mentioned the 60k for levelling out the land.
I am planning to try to get to council next week to see if I can find out any info regarding the timing for registration. It is very frustrating for everybody but hopefully soon we’ll hear some good news. I will let you know what I can find out.
As you can appreciate, please be reminded that citing individual's names is generally not accepted at forums for privacy reasons (of course).

That said, we do thank you for your valued contributions and hope that you all continue to enjoy this friendly community.

If you've any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Regards,

Jason
Registration update as received.

Dear Crystal Waters purchasers,

We have just had an update from the developer regarding issues with council. Council have requested a last minute full audit on the subdivision. This has been organised and should be completed soon. Final subdivision certificate cannot be issued without the submission and approval of this document. Once this has been approved it should take at least another 4 weeks before settlement. Anticipated settlement is now the end of July 2018 subject to any further delays.

Please note that this is out of the developers hands as the developer is being charged an extremely high interest every month this subdivision is delayed. Apparently, council are verbally happy with the subdivision works however this has been an unexpected formality within council.

Your solicitors will soon be informed of this in further detail.

We will keep you updated as soon as we hear of any further update. We apologise for any inconvenience as no one could not foresee the delay in the process.
My concern is that on original contours which I know weren't final when agent sold block to us, had a 5% fall - according to council they are now between 13-18%. We cannot build the home we want now

and why does Apsterenator get all this information. He/she has posted 50 odd posts over years. and looks like he/she owns blocks and has built homes everywhere?

His comment "We will keep you updated as soon as we hear of any further update. We apologise for any inconvenience as no one could not foresee the delay in the process". looks like he is the know? but if you read his blogs since 2014 he owns a lot of land?
Stimpson
My concern is that on original contours which I know weren't final when agent sold block to us, had a 5% fall - according to council they are now between 13-18%. We cannot build the home we want now

and why does Apsterenator get all this information. He/she has posted 50 odd posts over years. and looks like he/she owns blocks and has built homes everywhere?

His comment "We will keep you updated as soon as we hear of any further update. We apologise for any inconvenience as no one could not foresee the delay in the process". looks like he is the know? but if you read his blogs since 2014 he owns a lot of land?

Hi Simpson

The information posted by Apsterenator is the same information that was provided to us by our real estate agent.
GL1970
Stimpson

Hi Simpson

The information posted by Apsterenator is the same information that was provided to us by our real estate agent.

pity our real estate agent has not kept us informed - who is your agent?
Stimpson
GL1970
Stimpson

Hi Simpson

pity our real estate agent has not kept us informed - who is your agent?

Our agent is Merc, who were the original sales and marketing agent. We have found them to be excellent and every 3 months or so, we would receive an update from them.
what is your sunset clause? what block do you have?
Stimpson
what is your sunset clause? what block do you have?

Our Sunset clause date is 30th June. I am not confident that registration will happen by then. If we don’t register by then, we or the developer can rescind the contract. But the developer needs our permission to rescind and if we say no, they then need to go to the courts.
After waiting 2 years, we have decided to rescind the contract and walk away from the purchase. How is everybody anything going?
GL1970
After waiting 2 years, we have decided to rescind the contract and walk away from the purchase. How is everybody anything going?

how did you do that - we would love to? did you lose money on it? what block was it? I'm so angry with our agent and
Stimpson
GL1970

how did you do that - we would love to? did you lose money on it? what block was it? I'm so angry with our agent and

Our sunset date was the 30th June 2018. Given that the land has not been registered by the sunset date, we have the right to rescind the contract. We got our full deposit back plus 2 years of accrued interest. Talk to your lawyer.
GL1970
Stimpson
GL1970

Our sunset date was the 30th June 2018. Given that the land has not been registered by the sunset date, we have the right to rescind the contract. We got our full deposit back plus 2 years of accrued interest. Talk to your lawyer.

Our sunset clause is September
Related
5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

28/08/2023
Signature at Kellyville

General Discussion

Do not fall in that trap.

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros