Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairmont Homes - Flagstaff Hill SA

Page 3 of 4
Kitchen has been delivered! and is part in.
Looks like the wall on the end was slightly out as they have pulled the gyprock off and written on it to be redone. I'm guessing installation will continue once that is fixed.
Some more flushing has been done, bulkheads gyprocked and the tilers have started.

Bricking is finished!
Our brickie works alone so it took a few weeks but he has done a fantastic job. Very neat and a lot of care taken.
So I think all that is left outside will be eaves, alfresco roof and downpipes.

Write reply...
ilmessaggio
hillbuilder
Bricking is finished!
Our brickie works alone so it took a few weeks but he has done a fantastic job. Very neat and a lot of care taken.
So I think all that is left outside will be eaves, alfresco roof and downpipes.

Write reply...love the vent pipe angle...is this the new perpendicular?

lol - it does look odd. It is the angle of the photo and is straight when looking front on.
Looks great! Very tidy
there is a build around the corner from ours that has had a lone brickie. He has been there for weeks but he is doing an amazing job

ilmessaggio
Perpendicular is when it looks straight from all aspects and yours isn't perpendicular....but then if you're happy with close enough being good enough, who am I to argue

Thanks chief - you seem to be a bit of a legend and know everything going on so I'll leave you to your thoughts!
The house is looking fab, really like your facade.
We have several Fairmont builds happening around us at the moment and it seems to be the same two guys doing the bricking, solo. They do a grand job though

Downpipes, external plumbing finished and cornices up last week.
Painting should be the next thing to start.
Coming along quickly when is estimate handover do u think youll be in any quicker ?
hillbuilder
Downpipes, external plumbing finished and cornices up last week.
Painting should be the next thing to start.
I've been slack on updates.
We have been sent the pci letter after last instalment. Based on that pci should be around the 16th November. The original date they provided when the build started was he 7th of December.

Painting is well underway - I expect inside will be finished by the end of this week.
Eves have been delivered and are meant to be done this week.
So all I can see to do outside is the eave/downpipe painting outside lights and rollerdoor
Inside it looks like the to do list is overhead kitchen cupboards, island bench, showerscreens, wardrobes and networking/alarm
Fairmont is doing the main floor tiling so that will happen after painting.

Hopefully the trades continue to be staggered well and we might have handover late November!!
Most exciting recent photo - gas has been connected! No meter as yet.

Front door is stained

Eaves up and external paining finished.

Exterior is almost complete - just the garage door I think to go.
Main floor tiling is down and grouted.

hillbuilder
Main floor tiling is down and grouted.

Looking good!

You appear to be at roughly the same stage as me. The are finishing my last tiling today and grouting will be finished tomorrow.

Do you have an indicator yet about when your handover will be?
lincoln32
Looking good!

You appear to be at roughly the same stage as me. The are finishing my last tiling today and grouting will be finished tomorrow.

Hi Lincoln

yes we look very close!
When the build started we were advised PCI would be the 7th December.
Last instalment letter advised PCI would be 8 weeks ....which comes to the 16th November.

So it should be sometime between then!! sooner rather than later I hope!
The only things I can see left to do are
External
- Garage door
- chips in garage floor
- external lights

Internal
- rehang painted doors/door furnishings
- kitchen overheads and bench
- skirting on kitchen wall
- shower screens and mirrors
- built in robes
- networking and final electrical
lincoln32
Looking good!

Actually revisited the handover letter....and I read it incorrectly!
What I read as PCI is actually handover....so in theory handover should be roughly the 18th of this month!!

Not a lot has happened onsite this week so it is chase up time!
Ok bit more action this week
aircon internals in, garage door on, internal doors rehung and furnishings installed, kitchen tiling finished, built in robes in, mirrors in.
Looks like the SS has also been in checking paint as there are a few blue dots around the walls.

Looks great are you in yet ?? 😊😊
We are in! PCI was the 17th and handover the 24th.
All went fairly well - not a lot to do from PCI - still some remediation to garage floor that should be fixed this week.
Delay on the carpets so everything is in one pile....hoping sorted today and we can start getting things in rooms and everything out of storage. Then its onto the outside and inside lights etc.
Phone line and NBN was meant to be installed yesterday.....but somehow even with 6 weeks notice nbn co. managed to stuff that up!
Will post some pics once we are someway to sorted.
Yay! Congratulations

Congratulations!!! Enjoy settling into your new home
Related
16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum