Ensuite

Main bathroom

Kitchen

Jess_89
Some more progress photos

Ensuite

Main bathroom

Kitchen

Looks so good!! Love those bathroom and ensuite feature tiles!
and the subway tiles in the kitchen, we chose the same so it's good to see how it looks all put together!

Jess is looks amazing! Love those niches & your feature tiles are gorgeous!
you must be getting so excited?!

Follow our HGWA build in Baldivis @ http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.p ... 4#p1604334
The recess and hob wall in the showers are great ideas! No unsightly shower caddy required

Kitchen splashback is awesome. I need to come up with an idea for my splashback post handover and I think I might steal yours haha!

Imightbedave
The recess and hob wall in the showers are great ideas! No unsightly shower caddy required

Kitchen splashback is awesome. I need to come up with an idea for my splashback post handover and I think I might steal yours haha!

Thankyou!

These are far from our first choice as well
Our original ones just looked horrid when everything was in place so we managed to change them
glad we did it with the dark grout too

dee13
Jess is looks amazing! Love those niches & your feature tiles are gorgeous!
you must be getting so excited?!

Follow our HGWA build in Baldivis @ http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.p ... 4#p1604334

Yes getting excited again Dee!
Love all the inside bits getting done

m0llss
Jess_89
Some more progress photos

Ensuite

Main bathroom

Kitchen

Looks so good!! Love those bathroom and ensuite feature tiles!
and the subway tiles in the kitchen, we chose the same so it's good to see how it looks all put together!

Oh that's great!
they have come together well (than goodness LOL)

Following your thread, absolutely love your black doors and tile selections. Looks like it's flying along!
Hey Jess. Your house looks great! We are also building with hgwa! We have just received the final documents. Do you remember roughly how long it was from final documents until beginning of construction? I'm getting so excited and impatient!
Good luck with the rest of the build! Looking forward to seeing more photos as you go!
Lucylivesey
Hey Jess. Your house looks great! We are also building with hgwa! We have just received the final documents. Do you remember roughly how long it was from final documents until beginning of construction? I'm getting so excited and impatient!
Good luck with the rest of the build! Looking forward to seeing more photos as you go!

Hey

I don't really remember haha
Our first documents were the first week of December 16
Pre start was the 13 December
Slab went down on the 1st March

Hope that helps a bit

Where abouts are you building? Would love to see your plan

Oh wow that's pretty quick! Hopefully ours is similar!
We're building in Bushmead, the new suburb near the Perth hills.
Here is a copy of our plan, it's the monza design with a few changes.

a
wow - love your house. We recently saw a display homes with black doors and black frames around the sliding doors and I was really surprised how much I loved the look. If someone had said black doors, my initial thought would be why - but now having seen them in a house setting, it looked so sophisticated and dramatic.
Lucylivesey
Oh wow that's pretty quick! Hopefully ours is similar!
We're building in Bushmead, the new suburb near the Perth hills.
Here is a copy of our plan, it's the monza design with a few changes.

a

That's a really nice layout!
Oh yes I know where that is
that's great

Hope it comes quick for you! Fingers crossed you get our SS he's been awesome!

Nawsome
wow - love your house. We recently saw a display homes with black doors and black frames around the sliding doors and I was really surprised how much I loved the look. If someone had said black doors, my initial thought would be why - but now having seen them in a house setting, it looked so sophisticated and dramatic.

Thanks! It was my partners idea, I was really against it at first
I then saw a Lady on Insta with them and loved them!

Only downside is how the paint them

I can't wait to see these doors finished!
Just a heads up though, I took a building inspector to our PCI last week and one of the most common things he noticed was how thin the paint was applied on all the doors and frames, make sure they don't do it to yours

dee13
I can't wait to see these doors finished!
Just a heads up though, I took a building inspector to our PCI last week and one of the most common things he noticed was how thin the paint was applied on all the doors and frames, make sure they don't do it to yours

Gahhh really Dee!!?? It puts such a downer on it all doesn't it! Just do the job properly!

The doors have been painted twice now and definitely still need another coat at lest so fingers crossed

Squishy carpet today

Doors hung (I think they need another coat)

Looking lovely. I really like you black doors too!
The doors look great especially against the carpet!

Everything is completed.
An independent inspector went out today, should get the report back on Monday and PCI will hopefully be booked next week (or so we're told)
Working on keys around the 17th/18th

Related
15/04/2024
Pro finish tiling group

Renovation + Home Improvement

The wallopers will just say it's a civil matter.

13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum