Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Marina Q1 with Henley - South East Melbourne

Page 3 of 8
sumitsharma17
sarzaaa88
Hi Sumit,

Here's a picture from my contract about the double glazing window price $975. When I was looking, I found Henley were the best value for money and their upgrades were reasonable prices. Hope this helps

Thanks sarzaa for helping . Henleys do offer best value in terms of inclusions .

Hi Sumit,

Just wanted to get an idea when your build would be starting approximately. Also with the upgrades anything unusual that you may have included ? I have defined a list of things that i am getting in my build in one of my previous post. Also for the driveway and landscape what do you have in mind ?
Hi All,

Just spoke to my Pre-Site Administrator quickly he advised to book appointment for color and tender quickly. However my site admin was telling me that my electrical appointment will be after my contract signing and will be counted as a post contract variation ? Does this sound ok at all ?

How is your experience with your site administrator ?

How did your electrical appointment go ?
afterashok
Hi All,

Just spoke to my Pre-Site Administrator quickly he advised to book appointment for color and tender quickly. However my site admin was telling me that my electrical appointment will be after my contract signing and will be counted as a post contract variation ? Does this sound ok at all ?

Hi afterashok,

No slab is booked in for next week. I have all the drains and electricity booked in for this week.

That's exciting! Who's your admin? Yeah book your colour, tender and contract appointments because apparently there is a backlog and they're pushing through people with titled land first. Yeah it's a bit backwards if you ask me when it comes to all the paperwork that needs to be done. What I did was mark on the standard electrical drawing all the changes I wanted at home prior. I took that to my colour appointment and they made sure all the pricing was in the tender. So I just marked where I wanted the junction boxes, down lights under overhead cupboards and added a heater vent to the bathroom etc. I didn't have to have an electrical appointment and when my tender appointment came around it was all included in the document.

Personally, try to limit the post variation changes. It becomes so confusing for you and the bank! Also, at your tender appointment ask them to have your 6 star energy report ready for your contract signing appointment. By doing it like this, you will sign off on everything that day. They didn't have mine ready at contract signing so my bank wouldn't touch me until I had the fixed price. All these "provision prices" just allow them to keep the higher price if they want to and because you sign technically your agreeing for them to do so. Luckily my bank made me sign subject to finance and they very quickly did my 6 star energy report the following day and I got the whole provision back so my so called fixed price came down $3000. Once that was no longer a provisional price NAB approved my finance. Everything else is pretty straightforward
afterashok
Hi All,

Hi afterashok

It sounds ok . Henley do electricals after building and is considered as a seperate contract to building .
Are you doing your building and tender on the same day ??

sarzaaa88
afterashok
Hi All,

Hi afterashok,

No slab is booked in for next week. I have all the drains and electricity booked in for this week.

That's exciting! Who's your admin? Yeah book your colour, tender and contract appointments because apparently there is a backlog and they're pushing through people with titled land first. Yeah it's a bit backwards if you ask me when it comes to all the paperwork that needs to be done. What I did was mark on the standard electrical drawing all the changes I wanted at home prior. I took that to my colour appointment and they made sure all the pricing was in the tender. So I just marked where I wanted the junction boxes, down lights under overhead cupboards and added a heater vent to the bathroom etc. I didn't have to have an electrical appointment and when my tender appointment came around it was all included in the document.

Personally, try to limit the post variation changes. It becomes so confusing for you and the bank! Also, at your tender appointment ask them to have your 6 star energy report ready for your contract signing appointment. By doing it like this, you will sign off on everything that day. They didn't have mine ready at contract signing so my bank wouldn't touch me until I had the fixed price. All these "provision prices" just allow them to keep the higher price if they want to and because you sign technically your agreeing for them to do so. Luckily my bank made me sign subject to finance and they very quickly did my 6 star energy report the following day and I got the whole provision back so my so called fixed price came down $3000. Once that was no longer a provisional price NAB approved my finance. Everything else is pretty straightforward

Hi Sarz,

Thanks for your quick response. i have not decided on the dates for the appointment yet.
My admin is Lachlan Hall. Seems to be a young guy only joined henley july 2016 (Looked up his linkedIn
coz he sounded young and novice)

He called in and and briefed that i need to book appointment for color tender and contract.

Yvette told me i would get call from admin sometime April. So I was surprised.

Anyways i told him i wasnt expecting a call this soon and than he asked me if your land getting titled in April right. I said no its either June or July.
He said oh... i have it april here and than said he will make the change in system

I mentioned i ll discuss with wife and tell him my appointment dates. Thats when he said please do it quickly as they have backlog and tender dates will be around May and contract would be june july.

I was thinking myself...that just 5 minutes ago for you my land was getting titles in april and everything was ready and now tender is in May. LOL..

Anyways will book in the dates sooner and just get everything done with. (Shouldnt have told him about the land title month and could have done things earlier and be settled with)
sumitsharma17
afterashok
Hi All,

Hi afterashok

It sounds ok . Henley do electricals after building and is considered as a seperate contract to building .

Thanks for getting back sumit, did you do many changes in in electricals. ? and who is your admin ?
afterashok
sumitsharma17
afterashok
Hi All,

Hi afterashok

Thanks for getting back sumit, did you do many changes in in electricals. ? and who is your admin ?

We havnt done our electricals yet . Its 3 week after ours bulding contract .
Our administrator is mamatha dasu .
Who is yours ?

sumitsharma17
Who is yours ?

Its Lachlan Hall for us.. have you planned many changes for electricals ? Projector powerpoint for theatre ? or something ? Honestly i sat on the theatre its too small for a projector display. Unless you are projecting on the windows side then where would you put the couch. ?

I was thinking of putting a power point for projector in living instead just on the top of the couch area. We can project on the living room wall instead of TV. Its is much nicer and bigger.

I have the deluxe electrical pack so a two way switch in bedrrom and 1 extra in living. Dimmer in bedroom and Liiving.

Ehternet cable from Garage to Bedroom and living an theatre. So i can get cable NBN in Living and bedroom and Theare which i think i would be using as my gaming/computer/study room. can use wireless for other areas.

Any plans you have ?
afterashok
sumitsharma17
Who is yours ?

Its Lachlan Hall for us.. have you planned many changes for electricals ? Projector powerpoint for theatre ? or something ? Honestly i sat on the theatre its too small for a projector display. Unless you are projecting on the windows side then where would you put the couch. ?

I was thinking of putting a power point for projector in living instead just on the top of the couch area. We can project on the living room wall instead of TV. Its is much nicer and bigger.

I have the deluxe electrical pack so a two way switch in bedrrom and 1 extra in living. Dimmer in bedroom and Liiving.

Ehternet cable from Garage to Bedroom and living an theatre. So i can get cable NBN in Living and bedroom and Theare which i think i would be using as my gaming/computer/study room. can use wireless for other areas.

Any plans you have ?

Hi ashok .
I am thinking of getting a internet hub in garage . We planned to use theatre room as more of a tv room or may be a study . No plans to get a projector . What you doing in terms of flooring ??
We are going wooden flooring throughout the house . Going with cruise facade part render.
Got deluxe electrical package too.
Have u done any structural changes ??
I have only extended garage by 2 metre, as my frontage is 14 and had 0.2mtr gap between garage and fencing .
Have you decided on any colors yet?
We are doing wall length tiling in ensuite .
Austral chestnut brick . Monument colorbond roof .
Gnu tan render .
Are upgrading appliances ?? We are so confused with this ? Is it worth it to spend that much money for smeg??

afterashok
sumitsharma17
sarzaaa88
Hi Sumit,

Here's a picture from my contract about the double glazing window price $975. When I was looking, I found Henley were the best value for money and their upgrades were reasonable prices. Hope this helps

Thanks sarzaa for helping . Henleys do offer best value in terms of inclusions .

Hi Sumit,

Just wanted to get an idea when your build would be starting approximately. Also with the upgrades anything unusual that you may have included ? I have defined a list of things that i am getting in my build in one of my previous post. Also for the driveway and landscape what do you have in mind ?

Hi
Our ll probably start in may . Nothing unusual changes made . No idea regarding driveway fencing and landscaping yet .
Afterashok - are you getting a site supervisor ??

sumitsharma17
afterashok
sumitsharma17
Who is yours ?

Any plans you have ?

Hi ashok .
I am thinking of getting a internet hub in garage . We planned to use theatre room as more of a tv room or may be a study . No plans to get a projector . What you doing in terms of flooring ??
We are going wooden flooring throughout the house . Going with cruise facade part render.
Got deluxe electrical package too.
Have u done any structural changes ??
I have only extended garage by 2 metre, as my frontage is 14 and had 0.2mtr gap between garage and fencing .
Have you decided on any colors yet?
We are doing wall length tiling in ensuite .
Austral chestnut brick . Monument colorbond roof .
Gnu tan render .
Are upgrading appliances ?? We are so confused with this ? Is it worth it to spend that much money for smeg??

Hi Sumit,

Can you expand on hub in garage ? what the hub ?
Same here i probably will not get projector in theatre its too small for that, perhaps study/gaming room.
I got the free flooring promo so getting timber laminate. Was very confused between Tile and timber. but i am going with timber which i find more appealing.
Havent done any structural changes, i think the plan is pretty good just default. Only added ensuites doos and stuff like that.
With the garage can you please explain ? i have 14 frontage as well, i am thinking the garage is built on the fence edge anyways ??? is there a Gap ?? i though the front of the house is boundry to boundry.. I may have to speak to my admin again regarding this ?

Havent decided on colors yet, the whole process seems confusing. We are however thinking of having a bit dark theme, Grey/ brown cupboards. and lighters colors.

Still confused about the roof either tiles or colorbiond. I really like the looks of tiles, But everyone saying colorbond is good in term of quality. So have to make my mind regarding this.

I was thinking of wall length tiling in ensuite and toilet, But it looks like its already up very high as per what i saw in display home, so not bothered much.

With Upgrading aplliances i ll tell you that all these things werent necessary for us ? we decided all important things and our quote was 230 which we were quite happy with but than. The more you know about these extra/upgrades the more you think that you need it and you add them.

Honestly you may not need all appliances upgrade i was thinking of getting just the rangehood pgraded for $75 so i can have concealed rangegood. Gas top even the technika looks excellent, so dont really care, anyways brand isnt gonna change much in terms of cook top. With dishawsher i was thinking upgrading but rather i am thinking to not have any dishwasher and get rebate of 500 and later put it my own samsung or lg which i can buy from good guys for 700 - 800 ?

Regarding Site Supervisor everyone has told me to get one so probably be getting one later. Derbecca does all 5 stages inspection for 2000.

Landscaping and Driveway not sure yet but will definitely be getting done outside, henley is too expensive. Budgeting 5K for both landscaping and driveway.

Whats your quote reached ? just curious.

If you want to discuss more gimme a call i am keen to find out more about your perspective on the build and how you going so far. Will keep discussing here as well.

0 4 3 0 1 9 8 4 8 4
Hello Everyone,

No new updates ??? Sarza howz the build progress ? hope everything is going well.
Keep it upto date. I am excited and confused for a lot of things.

Would be good to keep the thread alive and keep discussing.
Hey afterashok,

Sounds like your starting to finalize your selections. My build is coming along nicely. Slab should be poured today or tomorrow

It's getting poured now actually

sarzaaa88
It's getting poured now actually

Yay exciting times.. is that waffle slab ?
Yeah i have the dates booked in. Havent worked on in it too much yet though.

What front is your land saarz ?

Oh yay it's all happening now!! Henley will move quickly now! Looks like they now have delays however at the admin stage, we still haven't been assigned an admin from what I am hearing they are booking out till the end of may
our block is titling on June and maybe earlier so looks like we will be delayed at this rate

Conslabulations! I can't wait to see your truffle bricks, I'm building with Henley and have selected them.

Afterashok - Yeah that's a waffle slab. My land has a 16m frontage x 30m deep.

Stayxtrue - I hope they move quick now lol although they haven't been too bad with the slab. That sucks about admin but I have heard that they are putting people first with titled land or upcoming titles. Maybe book in now if you haven't already?

Can't decide - thanks! I did so much research on the bricks so I hope they aren't too dark and everything matches lol

Slab is now complete

sarzaaa88
Slab is now complete

Awesome...

Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum