Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Trinity lux plantation homes qld

Page 3 of 4
The nice thing is it is protected by land /environment court to never change status. When we move in I'll probably stress about the smaller wildlife that slither /make webs.... ??? I have to say when we were buying it I loved it...
That's awesome! Yes the only thing I'd be scared of with such close bushland are the slithery ones
but it's so beautiful

Lp77 I've sent you a PM.....
Been moving slowish the past couple of weeks but nice seeing bricks today. Just gutted couldn't get onsite as they were still working....

Looks great!!

Went onsite today and bricks look fab but pillars at door one side double bricked to top, other one only halfway up... And no electrical cable pulled thru.... Thoughts? Contacting ss today , also some bits lacking in mortar... And last pic I'm assuming normal expansion joint?

Yeah the last one looks like an expansion joint - I'll show dad who is a Brickie and see what he says.. the inside looks like a shambles but it looks good on the outside - good pick up on the wiring for the lights.

Two weeks gone fast.. Lots done bricks eaves drain pipes insulation and plaster board...

But an area of bricks that look wrong.... And water flooding from garage into theatre... And through some roof areas... Phone calls tomorrow, email and pics sent....

Interesting how many people Plantation come back to at contract stage asking for another $20,000+ out of nowhere. They did the exact same thing to us after wasting 3 months of my time.

Guess as long as people are stupid enough to pay it they'll keep asking
Slowly but surely we're getting there... Roof sealed today I think, cornicing done, doors architraves skirting this week, tiles delivered...tiler due to call us this week or next.... Kitchen should've started today....
Now just to get a PCI date sooner than June 24th... n I'll be happy
Oh well
Ss on holiday until may 3rd 😕😕 so can't get dates estimated yet....
But meeting tiler tomorrow and tiling will start and then painter due. Potentially early June for handover....
I'll get pics of cabinetry in 😀

SS should get back from holidays today.. Whens acceptable to call him lol...
Tillers been in hopefully nearly finished.. Painter due soon then...
Impatiently waiting...
Have you spoken to SS yet? Completely acceptable to call. Is the stone not aligned?

Mec06
Have you spoken to SS yet? Completely acceptable to call. Is the stone not aligned?

He apparently never went back to work till Thursday and I was too busy yesterday to call. Hopefully will speak on Monday. I think stone join looks ok but will reserve judgement until cook top in. The filler at the back less noticeable but maybe grainy? Front one seems ok.

How ru going?
Painters started... Eventually.... Rich chocolate stain....

Any idea when handover will be yet??

Mec06
Any idea when handover will be yet??

The million dollar question... Emailed admin and as yesterday and will call tomorrow or Friday...
And the saga continues..

Our house looks amazing but not getting handover until June 30th...
PCI inspection on June 23rd.

Builders variation yesterday for rock removal (they were meant to contact us at time of site cut if they hit rock....)

Random invoice from concreter for drilling and earth works..
Spoken to earthworks company and no removal of rock from site....

Sick of fighting them at every point. Choosing an award winning builder you should be able to trust...

At this point I'd never build again, I should be enjoying the move to my new home but I'm organising storage of goods and accommodation for us all....

I'll post pics later....

Hey Ip77 I found your thread

Love the trinity design it's one of my favs. Your house is looking lovely, your so close to the end.

Can't say I would be impressed with those random invoices either, I hope you get them sorted.

Did you end up calling those pool companies?? I have to admit Coomera Pools are very good. I'm really happy with the guy.

Beautiful outlook you have too

Related
5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum