Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Home - Lexington Belle Q1 by Henley in Atherstone

Page 3 of 5
@ Belle - Yep, that's exactly what we are looking at doing.
zen41
I want corner lot as well, but too difficult to get one and too tricky to maintain it

Hi zen41!

Corner lot has always been a priority for my husband. He's probably very much willing to spend for fencing and do the mowing on both sides haha!

stayxtrue
Valuation is really only going to be an issue with the land.

We bought our first in stage 1 and the price we paid for the block was quite high, when it got valued by the bank they evaluated it 30k under!! All I can say is it almost sent us broke! It was a lot of stress and I have never felt so depresed in my whole entire life!

I had to pull the heart strings of the developers and the builder and managed to delay setllement and got it all resovled, but building an area which has already had multiple stages doesnt seem to have the sort of issue

I'm glad we didn't experience that otherwise we will have to cancel all our plans lol! The bank gave it a proper value so we didn't have to pay anything extra. Our lot is situated opposite a future sports precinct and a Primary School.
belle_v2g
stayxtrue

We bought our first in stage 1 and the price we paid for the block was quite high, when it got valued by the bank they evaluated it 30k under!! All I can say is it almost sent us broke! It was a lot of stress and I have never felt so depresed in my whole entire life!

I had to pull the heart strings of the developers and the builder and managed to delay setllement and got it all resovled, but building an area which has already had multiple stages doesnt seem to have the sort of issue

I'm glad we didn't experience that otherwise we will have to cancel all our plans lol! The bank gave it a proper value so we didn't have to pay anything extra. Our lot is situated opposite a future sports precinct and a Primary School.

Hi belle
Is the sports precinct now completed? Is that the Hockey field and Athletics track. i think we will be able to see out of from the back of our house on 1st floor.
I'm hoping we can reap some of the Atherstone value as we're not too far away, and close to other Amenities in Melton South.
spice girl
belle_v2g
stayxtrue

Hi belle
Is the sports precinct now completed? Is that the Hockey field and Athletics track. i think we will be able to see out of from the back of our house on 1st floor.
I'm hoping we can reap some of the Atherstone value as we're not too far away, and close to other Amenities in Melton South.

Hi spice girl! Yes, the sports precinct has been completed. I am glad we are very close to everything, which is quiet an advantage when the banks do their valuation.

Hi Spice Girl

How much did henley charge you to extend the house by 1.6m
Jojo2014
Hi Spice Girl

How much did henley charge you to extend the house by 1.6m

Hi Jojo2014
We extended both floors but Henley broke it down in two parts;
1. Family room to be in line with grand alfresco $5,884
2. Extend Bed 4 & Bed 5 to be in line and over the Grand Alfresco and extended family room, additional window in Bed 4 & Bed 5 (so 2 windows each) and provide WIR in Bed 5 $10,955

The grand Alfresco extension is $3,943

Bed 4 becomes 4.85 x 3.85 and has an extended WIR, Bed 4 becomes 3.77 x 3.87 and WIR in addition.
Hi spice girl,

You're very lucky that Henley can tweak the house according to your preferences. I'm really surprised they can't do it to others.☹️

I'm having problems with my admin. I thought she's the laziest, impossible and nonsense human i have ever spoken to.

belle_v2g
Hi spice girl,

You're very lucky that Henley can tweak the house according to your preferences. I'm really surprised they can't do it to others.☹️

I'm having problems with my admin. I thought she's the laziest, impossible and nonsense human i have ever spoken to.

hi belle, we managed to get the changes done at sales stage before we paid the 2nd deposit.
We had our colours on Tuesday! I enjoyed it but hubby had had enough by lunchtime...lol.
We added something extra in that I didn't have on my list but requested it as I knew my hubby liked it when we went through emperor belle in Woodlea. Its the breakfast bar feature made out if nikpol wooden laminated. I wasn't keen on it at first as it cuts into my island, but its growing on me, its also $2k. I have asked admin to advise the ceasorstone measurements with and without it, and how much to extend length of ceasorstone so can use it for buffet space. We also extended splashback behind range hood. Also tiling floor to ceiling in all bathrooms including powder rooms. Silk cabinetry in kitchen to match overheads that came with promo. Ceasorstone in laundry with fit out if cupboards . we decided on double doors to front entry. Tender will be interesting.
Just got told today when I asked about land construction, delayed til Feb/mar from DEC due to delay in council approval so hoping to start construction imthus month.
I also asked for shutters in master and timber Venetians in family and dining with dual blinds in other bedrooms, just so to see the pricing otherwise will downgrade some.
stayxtrue
belle_v2g
stayxtrue
We built the monaco, but its currently up for sale and we are going to be building a double this time around.

This time we are going to be building the Palace Lux Q1

Wow! You are building the same house as spice girl.
How was your experience building with Henley the first time? I'm just reading some reviews and threads online and I'm getting scared lol! I ended up going back to our contracts and reading every single detail all over again.
Where are you building this time around?

Oh nice! There arent a whole lot of people building the Palace yet, but more and more are popping up as we go

Our over al experience with henley was excellent There were a few mishapps where our SS bailed on our build but it ended up being for the better as the new one we received was able to make up the time in the delays and he was extremely picky!! So he found things before we did and resolved them and over all we cant speak highly enough! I think building a second time is also a good show of how well we enjoyed henley as a builder and through out the whole process.

We are building the Monaco...what Facade do you do?

Hi spice girl,
I'd be very interested to know your tender with all the upgrades but you know, it's better to do it that way than adding items later on. I revised my upgrades and deleted some items i think I wouldn't need. When I started reading forums, I knew which one I should prioritise.

At the moment we are still waiting to hear from our broker. electrical appt will be on monday.

belle_v2g
Hi spice girl,
I'd be very interested to know your tender with all the upgrades but you know, it's better to do it that way than adding items later on. I revised my upgrades and deleted some items i think I wouldn't need. When I started reading forums, I knew which one I should prioritise.

At the moment we are still waiting to hear from our broker. electrical appt will be on monday.

Received my colours docs yesterday and have found some errors, so have sent back with queries. Lucky I know my floorplan well and the colours selection well. We will not be signing contract on same day as tender as need to ensure there are no errors again. Will let you know how tender goes.
spice girl
belle_v2g
Hi spice girl,

Received my colours docs yesterday and have found some errors, so have sent back with queries. Lucky I know my floorplan well and the colours selection well. We will not be signing contract on same day as tender as need to ensure there are no errors again. Will let you know how tender goes.

Our contract date is now being set 4 weeks from tender to allow us to see the final drawings before we sign the contract. Since our land title has been delayed til march, we can afford the time. My admin and colour consultant were very quick to respond today to my queries and are making the corrections. Did you know all external glass windows and doors are single glazed? It surprises me the alfresco doesn't cine with safety or security glass, do thus is also being costed up for me.
Hi spice girl,
Now you have enough time to review each and every item. Do It carefully as i always pick up incorrect items every now and then, esp. after seeing our final drawings. Who is your admin and colour consultant?

belle_v2g
Hi spice girl,
Now you have enough time to review each and every item. Do It carefully as i always pick up incorrect items every now and then, esp. after seeing our final drawings. Who is your admin and colour consultant?

I have replied by PM, did you get it?
spice girl
belle_v2g
Hi spice girl,

No i didnt!! Haha

belle_v2g
spice girl
belle_v2g
Hi spice girl,

No i didnt!! Haha

Any luck now?
Yes I saw it!

We also added Dulux Wash and Wear at Colours as Henley have renegotiated the price and it came down significantly, so I couldn't resist. It is quoted as $2700 in the pricing booklet, but is now only $500, so well worth it.
Hi belle,
Did you consider a fireplace? We loved them but were told it was $17k so discarded them, however I see there is one for $9k or build a provision for one for $1k. I am considering getting one for the family room, as we extended it and the open area is tiled, it would be great to have one. I know my hubby would like one. What do you think?
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

29/05/2024
Building First home

Building A New House

Cant give recommendations in general with that builder, but during the colour selection, this is honestly personal preference. Depends on the style you want. Do you want…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum