Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairhaven Homes Newport 361 in Sth East Melbourne

Page 3 of 42
No timeframe as yet. This is our first build so we're not quite sure what we're doing to be honest. Whereabouts are you building? We've got a 392m2 block in Tulliallan estate Cranbourne North. With a 14x28 metre block we found our options to be very limited, and with Fairhaven's current promotion (which we got discounted from $4990 to $3490) nothing from other builders really stacked up value for money-wise. We did have a look at the Glenaire display which is nearly completed but they let us walk though anyway but we would have had to lop 3 metres off the back which would have killed the design.
I very much like that kitchen design you've gone for and if we can stretch the budget we may steal that plan from you if you don't object.
Oh nice! We looked at tulliallan and Berwick waters but decided to stay in cranbourne west where we built our first home a few years ago! We're building in the Clarinda Park estate just off the westernport highway! We've got a 14x30m block and same deal. To find something that fits so perfectly and still gives you a bit of backyard proved difficult!

Feel free to use the kitchen! It's actually stolen from the Iluka design haha. You could prob get around the redesign fee too as they've technically already designed it so may be a bit cheaper for you!

The kitchen design

Thanks for the feedback/advice I put a deposit down yesterday to lock in pricing before EOFY
. Now I have to work out how to add my feed to my signature!

How exciting! Looking forward to following your build! Will be good to see the fairhaven threads growing! There doesn't seem to be a lot out there

cant decide
The penny rounds will be worth it! They will stand out and look amazing. I really like all of your selections and will probably go with a similar palette. I think they are unlikely to date quickly.

I am leaning towards Fairhaven for similar reasons, and I am tempted to put down the $750 deposit before the 30th to lock in costs and current promotion. My favorite floorplan is one from Porter Davis but I am put off by their sales tactics, lack of transparency in upgrade pricing, very high fixed site costs and unwillingness to make non load bearing alterations to plans.

Is your sister happy with the Clovelly? That is the design I was looking at with customized floor plan changes
. Which facade did she go with? I am not too keen on any of them, when you get a chance I would really appreciate it if you could post some pics of the facade.

I can now see why people say building is stressful, I haven't even started the build and I am stressed lol

Finally took a pic of the facade for you! The Bridgewater range are pretty basic but they still look nice

Thank you, it looks neat and tidy.
I am thinking of getting

Or maybe

Will choose a different color scheme and get eaves put on.

I like provincial facade!

I like the first option better, if that helps

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Both great choices! Eaves will make a big difference too

Hi Kat_1025. I'm new to this forum and your thread. Your plans and selections are beautiful. Wish I'd been that creative with my plans! Is it too cheeky of me to ask how much your round tiles were with labour? I currently am waiting on a quote for something similar and the wait is driving me nuts! It's cool if you'd rather keep that private 😜
Following your thread now, so exciting, congrats

buildnbaby
Hi Kat_1025. I'm new to this forum and your thread. Your plans and selections are beautiful. Wish I'd been that creative with my plans! Is it too cheeky of me to ask how much your round tiles were with labour? I currently am waiting on a quote for something similar and the wait is driving me nuts! It's cool if you'd rather keep that private 😜
Following your thread now, so exciting, congrats

Haha I don't mind at all. For the feature tile under 3 mirrors including dbl vanity in the ensuite and in the shower niches was a total of around $1500. I have individual costs if you were just wanting powder room or niches etc. We originally looked at gloss white penny rounds but got suckered in by these ones! I looked them up on the Beaumont website and ours are around $48sq/m whereas the plain white were $5sq/m so I'd say it'll depend on the exact tile you picked and it may be much cheaper!

Are you building a Newport too? Do you have a thread? Fairhaven ones were quite hard to find haha
Thanks for replying! No I'm not building a Newport or with fairhaven. I am rural NSW and building with a local builder. Currently don't have a thread, we're waiting on titles (sigh) and think I might wait to start a thread. The coloured rounds you picked are beautiful, I can see why you 'need' them!
Powder room and niche prices would be amazing if you don't mind!

Oh we're also at that waiting for titles point! Was supposed to be June but now we're looking at next month! Luckily we're not ready to build yet anyway so not much point owning the land haha.

These are the individual pricings for the tile

Fairhaven seem to be cheaper on some things than a lot of other Melbourne builders but may give you a good idea of possible pricing. The powder room is expensive as the sink has 3 tiled walls around it

You're a gem, thanks! Yeah I figured they'd be different I just didn't even have a clue what the prices might come in at. Thought it might give me a slightly better idea. Thanks again and good luck with it all. It's gone be a stunner!

How much did it cost you to upgrade cabinets to sheen?
The sheen was a cat 1 laminate.... If you went to gloss it was a couple of grand

Thanks Kat

Finally some movement on the block, with us getting notice today that's it's pegged and ready for valuations and titles are a matter of weeks away!!!

Hopefully the building contract is ready soon too and we can get building

That's good news Kat.
Have you had your final tender?
Nope no final tender grrrr! Am going to ask for a new CRO tomorrow and hopefully we can get the ball rolling! Ours is hopeless

Related
11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum