Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Celebration Homes - Mason Green Piara Waters [Moved In]

Page 3 of 4
Apparently brickies work Saturday and Sunday!

We went Friday night to have a look and then my wife took her Mum on Saturday afternoon and noticed more had been done since then. And then we went Sunday afternoon and the brickies were on site still working! So we drove around and checked out some parks and the Harrisdale shops and they didnt leave until about 330!

We did notice a possible issue on Friday where we thought the entry hallway was going to be too narrow. Basically it looks like the slab is too small going into the store room of the garage. The footing around the slab are way wider here which confirms thats whats happened to me. But because the brickies worked all weekend when we went on Sunday they had already started that wall uh oh. BUT they have figured it out too and the bricks are where they are supposed to be but there is a big gap between the slab and the wall. I am assuming they will just fill this up with concrete so we wont bother to raise this as an issue because we were most concerned about losing width from the hallway.

Photos!

Friday - Alfresco / Bed 4 - note the external walls not yet finished and the internal not yet started

Friday - Front Right - note the garage walls not started yet

Sunday - Alfresco / Bed 4 - note the external walls now finished and the internal wall started in bed 4

Sunday - Garage - note the garage walls started. Here you can also see the gap between the wall and the slab on the wall on the left of the garage. This gap is about 100-150mm I think, wont bother with close ups or more on this unless anyone thinks this will cause any problems?

Sunday - Outside looking through Alfresco into Living/Dining

Sunday - Panorama of the Living/Dining/Kitchen
They are really smashing through the bricks. As of last night they have a few spots to finish off out the back, above the sliding doors and a couple other tie in points. Then the front which I assume they are leaving to last for access reasons they have most of the internal from the master bed down to complete. Keep up this pace and they will be done by the weekend easy!

Photos!

Monday - Bed 3 / Bed 4 before Hallway walls up

Monday - Activity / Bed 2 before Hallway walls up

Monday - Panorama on the Minor Bed Wing

Monday - From across the road

Monday - Front Right

Tuesday - Looking from Bed 4 down the hall towards Bed 2

Tuesday - Looking from Bed 2 up the hall towards Bed 4

Tuesday - Panorama of Minor Bed Hallway & Activity

Tuesday - Panorama of Living / Dining / Kitchen

Tuesday - Kitchen
Brickies finished on Saturday gone for a total of 13 days work. Pretty happy with job so far. On Monday we got the email saying timber roof structure and electrical and plumbing rough in will start soon and the progress payment for plate height on Wednesday. We did pop in on Tuesday and it seemed like a site clean up had occurred but with the weather for the next week not sure much will happen but will probably pop in over the weekend anyway.

Photos

Wednesday - Front Right

Wednesday - From across the road

Wednesday - Front Panorama

Friday - Front Panorama

Saturday - From across the road

Saturday - Front Panorama

Saturday - Living/Dining/Kitchen Panorama

Saturday - Alfresco
Timbers were delivered a couple weeks ago and they got started Wednesday last week.
As of yesterday afternoon most of the ceiling timbers looked to be done but none of the roof frame started yet.
Really get a good feel for the size of the rooms now you can imagine the ceiling height rather than just looking up past the walls to the clouds haha..
All the roof carpentry was complete end of last week and this week we have had the gutters and down pipes installed and also the electrical and plumbing rough in looks to be complete too!
Photos to accompany previous updates..

Ceiling timbers from across the road

Ceiling timbers front pano

Ceiling timbers living/dining/kitchen pano

Roof framed front right

Roof framed alfresco pano

Roof cover front pano

Roof cover from across the road
Looks like we are definitely going neck and neck

It looks awesome !!
White set completed on Friday and gyprock plasterboard in the garage ready for ceilings! No glass yet hopefully early next week! Could be locked out this time next week!
Went last night after dark and the windows and sliding doors have all been installed also the ceiling is up minus the cornices. Really starting to look like a house internally now.
Our new home consultant told us on Monday that mid week we would also have carpenter on site to install shelving and hang doors.
Currently tracking a month ahead of schedule and lock up is scheduled for 22nd of September!
How's it coming along mate? Have just finished reading your journey, sounds like they're flying along.

What happened with the gap between slab and wall near the garage?

I'm also building with Celebrations, but won't start until Jan/Feb. Doesn't sound like you've had any issues to speak of so far!

Imightbedave
How's it coming along mate? Have just finished reading your journey, sounds like they're flying along.

What happened with the gap between slab and wall near the garage?

I'm also building with Celebrations, but won't start until Jan/Feb. Doesn't sound like you've had any issues to speak of so far!

Definitely flying along. Seems to have slowed down a bit now the structure of the house is complete. We hadnt seen the house since Wednesday so guessing cornices must have started on Friday but weren't complete when we had a look on Monday. Also no shelves or doors as of Monday and were expecting them to have started that mid last week. We are still definitely well ahead of schedule and hopeful to get keys before December.

The gap is still there and just mostly filled up with plaster spatter. When bought up with celebrations they said it would be filled up. We noticed it before the bricks started and were more worried we would end up with a smaller hallway but brickie obviously picked up on it too and thats how the gap happened. Once they fill it up with something and tile over it you wont ever have known about it.

Every issue has been so minor that if we even bothered to bring it up with them the response was what we figured it would be anyway. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and hopefully you have a similar experience, looking forward to seeing your house build thread!

Tomorrow is the scheduled lock up date so probably go have another look then.
Excellent! Hopefully the rest continues as smoothly for you.

Thanks - I'll definitely add my own build thread, but as I'm waiting on titles and finance I'll hold off for now! But I have a block, and prestart has been done, now it's just a waiting game

Internal and Front doors all installed on Thursday and house locked up!

Also shelves to robes, linen and pantry installed.

Render to the front of the house also started Friday and completed Saturday.

We are pretty sure we have got enough quotes and seen enough samples etc to sign up with a company for our window treatments also so probably lock that in next week when we get a final quote from them.
Looking great. Love your colour selections.
Thanks!

Lots done this week as of last night..
Painting done this week, ceilings/cornices and eaves etc
Cabinetry in and Bench tops + sinks + taps to laundry, bathroom and ensuite.
Waterproofing in bathroom and ensuite.
Some other plumbing done around the place.
Grano down in garage.

Been checking every window and door because really keen to get in and have a better look but its locked up tight!

We were also told on Tuesday to expect practical completion in 4-6 weeks!
Wow great
you are ahead of us now we got locked up yesterday

Photo catch up..

Grey Float - Kitchen

White Set - Pano - Living/Dining/Kitchen

Front Elevation

Windows in - Front Awnings

Ceiling - Pano - Living Dining Kitchen

Ceiling - Pano - Alfresco

Doors and Shelves - Bed 4 & Linen

Render Start - Front

Cabinets - Laundry

Cabinets - Kitchen

Front Door/Porch

Front Render

Grano Garage

Cabinets/Bath/Waterproofing - Bathroom
Had our lock up meeting yesterday, looks good and site supervisor told us we would be done by the end of the month! Booked our PCI meeting in for the 31st!

All benchtops in now and wet area tiling complete.
Appliances have been installed and pretty much all electrical work has been completed.

Abit annoyed about the LED positions in the main living area as we spent alot of time during pre start being specific about how I wanted them spaced out, which has not been done. I have emailed our construction co-coordinator so hoping for a good outcome there.

The sparky's also made a mess of the facebrick in the garage trying to find one of the power outlets.. I dont know why they smashed the brick in the garage trying to find it, seeing as the point is on the inside of the house in the hallway. 3 bricks have been damaged and hoping they some how get fixed.
Not hopeful on getting the LED's moved, which is annoying because we added extra LED's because of the layout we were very specific on. So a word of warning, if you want your electrical in a specific location then either have it dimensioned on the drawing or do it yourself after handover.

Also the builder is saying the brick damage was vandalism not the tradie. Not sure what goes through the head of vandals but if I were to do something to an empty house it would be smash a window and steal the appliances rather than chip away at facebricks in the garage that are in the specific location of a power point on the other side of the wall.. As long as it is fixed I guess it makes no difference to us.

So far this week we have had the main area tiles layed, fly screens installed, Air Con installed and the pavers delivered.

As far as I can tell left to do apart from clean up and fix ups:
Pavers installed
Wall paint (3 coats)
Door paint and handles
Sliding Doors for Robes
Garage Door
Carpet
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum