Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Fowler Homes Paris 34 - Jordan Springs

Page 3 of 8
The cladding still needs painting and cement render on pillar and arch.
I wish now that I used more of the bricks at the front as we love how they turned out.
Is your arch half rendered and half bricks? Going to look great.

Oh wow! It's looking fantastic. I really like your bricks. The staircase has been hard for me to visualise what it's going to look like, so that picture gives me a better idea. I am really wishing now that I upgraded on the staircase to glass...oh well. SS not the greatest with communication, I am always calling him, and struggle to understand why his brickies can't just do the one day and finish what they need to and be done with it, we have a few brickie mates and they all think it is ridiculous. I am taking the passive approach, but I'm not sue if it has done me any favours. I know how busy they are and delays do happen for various reasons but at the end of the day I am the one that is going to be really put out. I think all SS's need a PA, one that will take calls for them, schedule where needing to, organise, email updates/calls for ect. so they can focus on the build.

[quote="Rayges"]The cladding still needs painting and cement render on pillar and arch.
I wish now that I used more of the bricks at the front as we love how they turned out.
Is your arch half rendered and half bricks? Going to look great.

Arch is going to be all rendered, brickies must have used the wrong brick.
[/quote

Yeah we wished we did the glass to staircase as well but too expensive - I was there this morning the steel rails look really nice as well. So I'm happy now. See pics.

I also took the conservative approach with my SS but realised the loudest pushy voice gets things done. So I think it's time. Even say that you know another Paris 34 have his bricks done in 3 weeks and I also got a granny flat which makes it 39 squares all up.
I don't care if you drop my name. Ray from Greenfield Park. I totally think it's ridiculous to be still going after 2.5 months.
I really hope it flys from here on. It is such a roller coaster ride......nothing will happen in 4 weeks and then the next 4 weeks you get tradies coming everyday, even Sundays. Lol.

Lol this is like dejavu...

Well settlement today was a nono for me boys... Defects remain hopefully next week now. Were all on the same rollercoaster

BL35ED
Well settlement today was a nono for me boys... Defects remain hopefully next week now. Were all on the same rollercoaster

The longest ride of our lives my brother. Hopefully we can enjoy the results soon.

Rayges
Yeah we wished we did the glass to staircase as well but too expensive - I was there this morning the steel rails look really nice as well. So I'm happy now. See pics.

The glass thru fowler is very expensive!!

Rayges

Looks great! That eases my thoughts on the glass upgrade... BLESSED yours looks brilliant though- very envious!

Did you take out the wall to the theatre room to extend the kitchen? I'm worried about the kitchen being to small now in ours. But too late. I think my husband would have been upset if I had cut into the theatre room though! Can't wait to see your kitchen go in - that's the bit I'm really hanging for myself. Been waiting a long time for a decent kitchen.

KP16
Rayges

Looks great! That eases my thoughts on the glass upgrade... BLESSED yours looks brilliant though- very envious!

Did you take out the wall to the theatre room to extend the kitchen? I'm worried about the kitchen being to small now in ours. But too late. I think my husband would have been upset if I had cut into the theatre room though! Can't wait to see your kitchen go in - that's the bit I'm really hanging for myself. Been waiting a long time for a decent kitchen.

Yes we wanted an open plan living as we didnt want a theatre room. The kids have their own space upstairs with the PlayStation etc....
Our kitchen bench is 2550x900mm but then we have the fitted out butlers kitchen with another sink.
So our Theatre room becomes the lounge and the family room becomes a study nook and Pool table area (wife approved) and the dining room will have a long table with this beautiful light on top. Can't wait till we get in.

And this in the Staircase void:

Rayges
KP16
Rayges

Yes we wanted an open plan living as we didnt want a theatre room. The kids have their own space upstairs with the PlayStation etc....
Our kitchen bench is 2550x900mm but then we have the fitted out butlers kitchen with another sink.
So our Theatre room becomes the lounge and the family room becomes a study nook and Pool table area (wife approved) and the dining room will have a long table with this beautiful light on top. Can't wait till we get in.

Absolutely love this light, can i ask where you purchased it from please?

ms_prez
Rayges
KP16
[quote="Rayges"]Yeah we wished we did the glass to staircase as well but too expensive - I was there this morning the steel rails look really nice as well. So I'm happy now. See pics.

[/quote]
Hi Ms_prez, isn't it such a beautiful light.... it's a work of art. It's 1250mm wide and will be the centrepiece of our open plan.
Its new and just hit the showroom floor at Beacon Lighting: http://www.beaconlighting.com.au/orion- ... smoke.html

Rayges
ms_prez
Rayges
[quote="KP16"][quote="Rayges"]Yeah we wished we did the glass to staircase as well but too expensive - I was there this morning the steel rails look really nice as well. So I'm happy now. See pics.

[/quote]
Hi Ms_prez, isn't it such a beautiful light.... it's a work of art. It's 1250mm wide and will be the centrepiece of our open plan.
Its new and just hit the showroom floor at Beacon Lighting: http://www.beaconlighting.com.au/orion- ... smoke.html

[/quote]
Yes, it's absolutely beautiful, im official in love
Your home is beautiful.
Damn it, this forum is costing us a small fortune with all of the great ideas I come across.......anyways must go, I have some shopping to do.

Ms_prez how true is that. This forum is amazing to get ideas and also learn from mistakes of others as well.

Rayges
Ms_prez how true is that. This forum is amazing to get ideas and also learn from mistakes of others as well.

Hi Rayges,

How are you guys going?

We are not going good, one task a week seems to be the going rate with a build for Fowler. We still don't even have our cladding up!

KP16
Rayges

Hi Rayges,

How are you guys going?

We are not going good, one task a week seems to be the going rate with a build for Fowler. We still don't even have our cladding up!

Yeah same here KP16.....the roller coaster continues......
After our stairs went in we had the waterproofing done, painters came in and did the under coats, the fixout carpenters then put all the doors, architraves and skirting on, the garage door went on and it was like wow it's going fast and then got locked out
(no more sneaking in after hours)
Then.........(cricket sounds) nothing for nearly 2 weeks.

Last week the tilers came for 2 days and didn't see them for the rest of the week.
SS said they'll be there tomorrow until they finished and kitchen/bathroom cabinets are booked in the last week of November.
Still no rendering for 2.5 months....

Please post some pics of your house, I'm dying to see what those Blackbutt bricks look like?!?

Here are some updated pics of ours, we are going for concrete textured tiles:

Rayges
KP16
Rayges

Hi Rayges,

How are you guys going?

Yeah same here KP16.....the roller coaster continues......
After our stairs went in we had the waterproofing done, painters came in and did the under coats, the fixout carpenters then put all the doors, architraves and skirting on, the garage door went on and it was like wow it's going fast and then got locked out
(no more sneaking in after hours)
Then.........(cricket sounds) nothing for nearly 2 weeks.

Last week the tilers came for 2 days and didn't see them for the rest of the week.
SS said they'll be there tomorrow until they finished and kitchen/bathroom cabinets are booked in the last week of November.
Still no rendering for 2.5 months....

Please post some pics of your house, I'm dying to see what those Blackbutt bricks look like?!?

Here are some updated pics of ours, we are going for concrete textured tiles:

Your house is looking fantastic. I think we have picked similar tiles to you as well.
Hopefully we'll see an upper brick clean this week and the scaffolding down, I'll take a picture then.
I have been so disappointed in the pace that I have not been very snap happy lately and have no photos!

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum