Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

JG King Hartwell - Melbourne western suburbs

Page 3 of 17
surtees
Thats ok hope they are there so you can save the 1k.

Thanks for the advices Surtees. We went out with a shovel and we found all four of them.

Thats great news
It just seems to be one thing after another. We turned up at our block today and saw this:

It looks like a pipe burst next door. The water on our block is at least 4-5 inches deep! So much for pouring a slab in the next 1-2 weeks, particularly after the rain we just had...

I wish the building gods would look favourably upon us just once.

Oh and on a side note, I called the site supervisor of the build next door and rather than thank me for informing him that a pipe had burst, he started going on about how he didn't think it could be their pipe, even though it looks like their HWS will be on that side and it's more than likely not ours as we haven't started building yet! He did tell me he would arrange a plumber but I have doubts. Entirely unprofessional.

This isn't the first time that this builder has gotten in the way of our build progressing either.

Our slab was scraped a month ago tomorrow. We have had basically no progress on site since.

Oh no, I hope things start to pick up for you. Is your site still quite wet from the burst pipe?

Oh no
i could imagine how disapointing that would be. Have they given any reason for the month delay. I wouldn't be happpy if that was ours

I think the site has dried up now - it did take awhile though! It doesn't appear to be just one issue - the hidden pegs certainly slowed progress and it appears the water may have contributed to a delay as well. I think the main problem is the need to re-book trades following these issues.

Hoping to get some dates tomorrow for a pre-pour, but not getting my hopes up...

Hopefully the delays stop for you and tge build can really get underway.
Progress!

Yay is the concrete circles peiring for your slab?
surtees
Yay is the concrete circles peiring for your slab?

Yes they are

Yay, I bet it is certainly starting to feel real now
. Have you been out to Bendigo to see the Hartwell display? We are considering going out there to look at one from the Allure range, but not sure if it is worth the drive.

Jacinta.C
Yay, I bet it is certainly starting to feel real now
. Have you been out to Bendigo to see the Hartwell display? We are considering going out there to look at one from the Allure range, but not sure if it is worth the drive.

Won't feel real until I see a slab haha

Unfortunately we haven't been to see it yet. Apparently there is a Hartwell display getting built in the western suburbs so we will wait until then.

The Finsbury is on display at Armstrong in Geelong. it's well worth a look.

We have decided to go on Wednesday (as it is the same distance to Bendigo or Geelong for us). I will try to remember to take some photos so I can post them on here.

Jacinta.C
We have decided to go on Wednesday (as it is the same distance to Bendigo or Geelong for us). I will try to remember to take some photos so I can post them on here.

Ooh. Please do!

Jacinta.C

I'd be keen to see photos as well. We haven't been up to bendigo yet, but we practically live at the finsbury!
Just back from the Hartwell at Bendigo. Its definately a nice house, but not sure if we were able to feel the overall specs of the Allure range. The home felt a little small to us, which is a bit concerning as the home we are building is even smaller

Walk in robe in the master. There was an extra hanging rail to the left and also one along the right hand wall. This was a bit smaller than we expected.

Master standing from the door. The ensuite and walk in robe is to the left.

Kitchen with view into the butlers pantry. The laundry is to the left of the butlers. Odd to see that they had upgraded to one 900mm oven vs the two standard 600mm. We noticed that the last cupboards to the left are actually a pantry.

Butlers. Really loved the butlers. I thought it would be strange with the butlers flowing into the laundry, but it worked really well.

Laundry that flows on from the butlers

The overhead cupboards were nice in the laundry. We were told we couldn't do this in the Allure range (hmm guess we will be having words lol).

Study nook towards the bathroom and bedrooms

Living room

Kitchen on the left. Lounge room on the right. The dining room and alfresco is behind this.

This is the only photo of the ensuite and bathroom I have. I guess they are all pretty standard house to house. I measured the niches which are the standard 350mm x 400mm, we have been quoted $375 per niche.

I also have a list of colours if you like anything.

Cool thanks!

The no overhead cupoards in the laundry is bs, we have added them and the finsbury also has them.
The niches are tiny by time they add the tiles, we had them in but when we saw them we decided they weren't worth $750 for two bathrooms given half our stuff wouldn't fit and would end up on the floor. I did later hear from another sales person (ours said no) that they will do custom sizes, they just put it into estimating to come up with a price, she said usually around $600. I never followed it up though. Its on my long list of 'if I come into a stack of money before contract' stuff.

What colour is the stone in the kitchen and laundry?

You should check out the finsbury, i'd say t's worth the drive.
Oh we were also never informed that we could do custom size niches either. I might look into it when we go do our colours ( if I actually have any money left by that stage lol).

The kitchen and laundry is Baslato (Cat 3). Sigh
, I'm trying to keep to Cat 1, but to be honest the colours aren't what I am looking for.

I will try and convince my partner to go see the display at Geelong in a few weeks. I think he is getting very sick of all of the house talk already lol.

Related
6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

13/09/2023
InForm SE Suburbs Melbourne

Building A New House

Thanks for your reply! We're definitely not after a small house > Might still have a chat to them. Who did you end up building with if you don't mind me asking?

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum