Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Vancouver -Porter Davis

Page 3 of 27
lizbf85
we are beyhond dissapointed!!!
the build or the knock down hasnt even started for us and we are actually feel like pulling the pin all together... i imagine you both went through the same process in signing the form where if the build doesnt start before a certain date you get charged.

when we signed this it wasnt explained very clearly at all, simply that our site date was May.. We thought great!!!! we noticed on the form that if they didnt start til aug fees would start and that was realistic to us given we were being told MAY. how misleading this was.... !!!!!!

after going through our timetime with our BC recently we've actually worked out that a realistic timeframe would actually be mid July... our tender still hasnt happend, and we have only just been to selections. Our contract is the end of April, leaving very little time for sign off on the contract (given everything is correct, assuming it wont be as nothing else has been so far) council, demo etc.

we are fuming! the fact our sc told us last week that there have been delays on PD side, due to staff/xmas and that appointments had to be pushed out. Aparently thats now our fault and if delayed with council ( which it will given it will already be past may) we will start incurring fees.

this whole process so far has been chasing answers which all conflict each other. nothing about this process has been at all easy. its so frustrating!

Holy moly just saw this.

How can they start charging you fees? You haven't done anything to hold up the process!
Tell them you won't be paying fees as its no fault of your own.

We had wos 15 sept tender 15 oct and contract 5 nov. we were meant to have a site start of November but they couldn't get to us fast enough so we were just a bit later.

I will say that even though we were still sorting out our contract issues they were obviously working behind the scenes because our permit came through so fast it was crazy!

I'm not sure how the knock down process works but I hope it does start soon for you. Tender and contract are pretty close to each other so they could totally still start on time. So long as fencing is up before the end of the month that is classed as a site start

shanis33
Oh gosh yes so heavy! I'm surprised seeing the builders install our front windows how they lift them haha.
We are 8 weeks today since slab was poured and inside is all plaster boarded and stopped, archs up, cabinets installed
won't take you long for yours to start looking amazing!
Are you sarking your roof? I knew nothing about this until I saw other houses getting their roof wrapped before tiles and ours didn't.
Are you building Vancouver 33? Or 29?

We are building in point cook

We are in the middle of our 5th week since our start date.
What is sarking new term for me lol
No none I'm building ashgrove 33 which has a similar layout as the vancouver checkout my blog.

lizbf85
im so jealous of both of you!!! haha.. we are so far from building but im excited to follow your builds and know whats to come

Don't worry it will definitely come your time

Ashgrove33
shanis33
Oh gosh yes so heavy! I'm surprised seeing the builders install our front windows how they lift them haha.
We are 8 weeks today since slab was poured and inside is all plaster boarded and stopped, archs up, cabinets installed
Are you sarking your roof? I knew nothing about this until I saw other houses getting their roof wrapped before tiles and ours didn't.

No none I'm building ashgrove 33 which has a similar layout as the vancouver checkout my blog.

That's exciting!
Oh what's the address for your blog?

Sarking is the reflective wrapping on the roof truss that they place the batons over before tiling. I had never heard of it either until I googled

shanis33
Ashgrove33
shanis33

That's exciting!
Oh what's the address for your blog?

Sarking is the reflective wrapping on the roof truss that they place the batons over before tiling. I had never heard of it either until I googled

Hmm I would have no idea I'll pass this on to my hubby
It is www.ashgrove33.blogspot.com

Oh love the blog. Good work I'll be sure to keep following. Love the design of your house too

shanis33
Oh love the blog. Good work I'll be sure to keep following. Love the design of your house too

Thank you

Hi all,

We have been on the journey to start building the Vancouver 29. We're doing a Knockdown/Rebuild (KDR) and the frame has just started to go up - exciting.

lizbf85, I was reading about the pain you're having. Feel free to hit me up for any hints and tips with the KDR as it can be a bit tricky.

I'll be following everyones progress with much interest
Such disappointing news yesterday we found going to look at the house... the one thing we were so excitied about is that our alfresco doors were put in the wrong way!!! Thank god we picked it up, even though it may hold us up from bricking.. would much rather see it now than annonying me forever! since this was the main upgarde we really had our heart set on!!
Oh no!!! How did they do that? Like they slide the wrong way or installed on the wrong side?
Hope they sort it for you! We also had window problems, wrong ones installed and slider built too big. Lucky for us our brick was delayed anyway but it shouldn't hold you up too much they can continue everything else and start bricks late. 2 weeks for window to be manufactured for us

shanis33
Oh no!!! How did they do that? Like they slide the wrong way or installed on the wrong side?
Hope they sort it for you! We also had window problems, wrong ones installed and slider built too big. Lucky for us our brick was delayed anyway but it shouldn't hold you up too much they can continue everything else and start bricks late. 2 weeks for window to be manufactured for us

Wow that's a while for the windows.. but needs to be done
the large 3 stacker door hasn't been installed yet but was sitting there with the wood around it. It is meant to be sliding from right to left but they are ready to be installed from left to right. then the 2 stacker is already installed from right to left when it needs to be left to right. The 3 stacker door wasn't installed and my guess is that possibly they picked up on the problem but we message the SS yesterday anyway and waiting for a call back from my husband to find out the verdict. Oh and also had another look at my plan and yes we do get starking on the roof.
Oh my gosh, so good that you noticed it and could make some calls before it was too late. How hard is it to follow a plan?!
Have my fingers crossed for you guys

Oh you do? That's interesting. Would you mind taking a pic of it shown on the plan so I can check mine?

Muttonchops
Hi all,

We have been on the journey to start building the Vancouver 29. We're doing a Knockdown/Rebuild (KDR) and the frame has just started to go up - exciting.

lizbf85, I was reading about the pain you're having. Feel free to hit me up for any hints and tips with the KDR as it can be a bit tricky.

I'll be following everyones progress with much interest

How exciting for you guys to have the process well underway! Must be nice to get the frame up after having the last place knocked down.

Loved it when our frame rose from the ground haha

shanis33
Oh my gosh, so good that you noticed it and could make some calls before it was too late. How hard is it to follow a plan?!
Have my fingers crossed for you guys

Oh you do? That's interesting. Would you mind taking a pic of it shown on the plan so I can check mine?

Sorry just saw this now.
All is getting fixed thank god! My plan is on my blog

Definitely always double check that's what I'll be doing haha

We just finalized the Vancouver 33 with PD. Building in Gateway, Truganina. Paid the $2000 deposit, got the quote and plan sketches. This is my second selection with PD ( earlier one being Kew 28 and then it was changed due to length concerns ). We are going with Alternate Kitchen + Study + Powder option changes to the regular plan. Also since our lot width is 18 mts ( corner lot ), we have extended the garage by 1.4 mts to get full 16 mts of frontage. Facade - Ferndale.

While our formal appointment with WOS is still couple of weeks away, I have already been there 4 times; And today we visited
National Tiles showroom for Shortlisting tiles.

Exciting time.
How exciting! Your not far from us we are building in saltwater coast.
The changes sound really nice. Out of interest did they cost much additional? And wow that's a huge garage!

shanis33
How exciting! Your not far from us we are building in saltwater coast.
The changes sound really nice. Out of interest did they cost much additional? And wow that's a huge garage!

What is interesting is that Study + Alternate kitchen options over the default regular plan gave me credit of -$350 !! Infact this is the first time I experienced an structural change option resulting in a credit

This is because the study is smaller than the activity room and does not require the overhead sunlight window which the activity room does.
Wow that's crazy! I would have thought it would be thousands.

It's such a beautiful design and so many options to make it the right house for every person.

Hopefully it's not too long until you get a site start
we are at lockup now after 9 weeks with some hold ups. Inside ready for tiles paint finishing etc

v
shanis33
Wow that's crazy! I would have thought it would be thousands.

It's such a beautiful design and so many options to make it the right house for every person.

Hopefully it's not too long until you get a site start
we are at lockup now after 9 weeks with some hold ups. Inside ready for tiles paint finishing etc

I absolutely agree... I think for a single story home, Vancouver from PD is by far the most versatile plan that I have come across which gives one an option of 7 rooms ( 4 bedroom+ lounge+study/activity+rumpus) which are spacious. I simply love this plan

Since my lot is already titled, I am requesting an early site start; but the best I have been given is July 2016. And because of that I have qualified for the free Evaporating cooling promotion which is ON for July/August Site starts.

When is your house completion date ? What facade did you go with ?

These days we ( wife and me ) are debating on polished porcelain vs matt porcelain Tiling. I think we both may go with Matt Porcelain. We really liked the Alpine Stone 600x600.

-Ash.
It's a huge house! Everyone can have their own spaces. We went with the standard plan but made some tiny adjustments because we have a small child so the activity room becomes the toy room hidden away.
We previously liked the Dunedin but wanted something that we could view the entire backyard from the living areas

That's excellent you got credit. We got a November/December site start and got flooring credit. July isn't far away and you will be in by Christmas hopefully?

Still maybe 2 months away yet? That's what our build supervisor said (he's fantastic hope you get him)

We have polished white porcelain tiles in our rental and they are a nightmare! I would recommend staying away from polished! We went with wood flooring as its warmer and nicer for children

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum