Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ascot Pakenham Estate Thread

Page 3 of 3
Stage 3 now set to title in mid-January (Delayed from Nov/Dev).

Not sure what this will mean for later stages, but seems to be dragging on ;-;

I've been down to the estate to check out some of the completed houses in Stages 1 & 2. Looks like a lot of people have not been following the design guidelines to the letter, so maybe they aren't that strict?

Some of the things I noticed:
- people using roof tiles that aren't flat profile
- front fences not completed/not in the style stated in the guidelines
- bins being stored under porches instead of out of sight behind side gates/garages
- people with no turf in the front yard
- people using plants not on the approved list

I also noticed most houses do not have paths from the street to the front door, they mostly use the driveway as a path. This is great if we can do it, will save me money on fencing & landscaping.

Only other thing I noticed was that someone has been through the empty parts of the estate breaking pipes, removing survey pegs and dumping rubbish
^^; Has anyone done their front yard design? I'm really torn on following the rules or doing whatever I want. I didn't like many of the gardens I saw in stage 2, not my style..

Are you doing a separate front path, or just using the driveway?
Stage 3 has settled!!! February 2016.

I will begin building as soon as I can.

How are the other stages going? Any progress or news on settlement?
I signed my build contract and settled my land!

Thought I'd put up some photos of the estate that I took last weekend.

Looks like lots is happening down there!!! Stage 4 looks complete, and you can see the outlines of the park. The creek has also been leveled and they've dug out some ponds for the wetlands. It will be fantastic once its all complete.

My street now has trees along it. Yay!

Wow, haven't visited this thread for a little while! Great photos, Dawn. I'll have to go down to the estate and take some this weekend...
aloenyx
Hi All,

Since there are a few H1 members building in Ascot now, I thought I'd start a thread for us to share our experiences and news

Maybe everyone should introduce themselves to begin with, perhaps let everyone know which stage your building in, expected title date and maybe which builder you've chosen.

Hello fellow Ascot'ers.

We have just bought a block in Ascot 2 weeks ago (23/04/16).
It is in stage 3 on Arlington Avenue.
It settles in about 6 weeks (60 day settlement due on 29/06/16).
We are most likely building with Frenken Homes.
It is a very narrow block (only 8.5mx28m).
We are managing to squeeze a 3 bed, 2 bath, 1 car garage on it.

It is an investment property and it will be up for rental as soon as it is built.

Opps! Forgot about this thread. I wonder if there are any new Ascot to-be residents here? *waves*

I had quite a lot of trouble getting through the approval process with the estate, took a couple of months ;-; So I thought I'd share my experience to help those yet to go through the process.

Things we got called out on that are easy to do upright:
- A signed copy of the landscape plan (I literally just photocopied the example in the design guidelines and signed it)
- Indication on your site plan of where your bins will be stored (has to be out of sight, mine were behind the garage on the side of the house.
- Indication of where you would store a bike, mine was in the garage.
- A written statement on the plans that the front fence would be constructed by the builder prior to me moving in OR you can pay the developer a bond of $2,500.00. Just be aware apparently even if you pay them it takes some time to be approved.
- Energy rating

Other things were set back and the porch being extended, but they were more specific to my build.

Does anyone know when stage 5 is due to title? I'd love to know when I can expect neighbors over the back fence to be building.
Any new Ascot neighbors?
Related
22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum