Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Build - Fairmont Homes SA - Lincoln Mod

Page 3 of 3
Just got an invoice for the Frames stage this morning.

I thought about going over to have a look last night, but didn't think anything would've happened. How wrong I was.
I'll go take some pictures this weekend
Keen to see some pics S7iCkSt3R
I got curious and had a look last night

In the daylight

Brickwork done(ish in this picture)

I had them change the plumbing loop for the rainwater tank to go to both the ensuite and main toilets on the plan at the builders interview, however when I had a look a couple of weeks ago, only the main toilet had been plumbed into with the green pipe, so they are looking into it now. I texted the site manager before the bricks went up, however he never got back to me, so I called him this week and they're gonna see if I'm right (which I know I am) and will have to fix it, at least it won't be too hard as the gyprock hasn't gone up yet but it would've been easier without the bricks. Oh well, not my problem.

Happening pretty quick now. I need to start thinking about what I'm gonna do about the driveway, stormwater and floors.
Thinking carpet for bedrooms and floating floorboards for the rest. I was originally going to go tiled but floorboards are cheaper and will give more colour to the interior of the house (kitchen is black and white). I'm tempted to go DIY for the floorboards but I'm not very handy, so I dunno. Doesn't seem too hard though.
S7iCkSt3R
Brickwork done(ish in this picture)

I had them change the plumbing loop for the rainwater tank to go to both the ensuite and main toilets on the plan at the builders interview, however when I had a look a couple of weeks ago, only the main toilet had been plumbed into with the green pipe, so they are looking into it now. I texted the site manager before the bricks went up, however he never got back to me, so I called him this week and they're gonna see if I'm right (which I know I am) and will have to fix it, at least it won't be too hard as the gyprock hasn't gone up yet but it would've been easier without the bricks. Oh well, not my problem.

Happening pretty quick now. I need to start thinking about what I'm gonna do about the driveway, stormwater and floors.
Thinking carpet for bedrooms and floating floorboards for the rest. I was originally going to go tiled but floorboards are cheaper and will give more colour to the interior of the house (kitchen is black and white). I'm tempted to go DIY for the floorboards but I'm not very handy, so I dunno. Doesn't seem too hard though.

Looking good S7iCkSt3R

Our Frame went up yesterday finally. Check out Discount City Carpets at Noarlunga, they gave us a pretty good price for carpets and timber floors for throughout our place and they give you BSB and Account numbers so you can pay bit by bit whilst the house is under construction, hope that helps
Progress Update:
Rainwater Tank loop now plumbed into both Main and Ensuite toilets
Internal walls went up in November
First fix electrical went in before Christmas
First fix cabinetry happening as we speak

Very happy with how my WIR turned out. Kitchen is taking shape nicely.

Was scared there wouldn't be enough light in the hallway, but enough shines through the windows next to the front door.

Pictures:
Front of House

Back of house

Living - looking out

Living - looking kitchen

Hallway

Main Bathroom Vanity

Ensuite Vanity

Main Bedroom WIR

Edit: Fixed rotation on some of the photos
I'm now getting quotes on Driveway and Perimeter Concreting as well as Stormwater installation.

I'm yet to look into carpets, and also thinking of doing floating floors myself.

Getting close though.
Kitchen Bench
Looking good,

A mate of mine owns Southside Concrete his name is Dion and he has a Facebook page check it out. Tell him I sent you and you might get a good deal
It's all looking really good! We just had our final builders interview, were just waiting for the council still. Can't wait to see it all starting to happen

Yay!
I have a walk through next Thursday and handover possibly the week after!

Also, good luck on your build Lana! Your colours look like what I was originally going with, hopefully it turns out well for you
A quick run down for dates, as I have been pretty poor in that regard:

Aug 2014 First stepped into a display village and received a quote
Mar 2015 Started discussions in detail with the sales consultant
18/05/15 Signed Contract - Paid Deposit
30/07/15 Clipspec Clipsal Electrical Selections - Electrical Layout
5/08/15 Austral Bricks Colour Selections
12/08/15 Direct Interior Selections (Tap Ware, Doors, Built in Robes)
12/08/15 Supreme Kitchens Selections (Kitchen, Laundry, Walk in Robe)
19/08/15 Final Builders Interview
18/09/15 Footings Poured
29/10/15 Wall and Roof Frame
19/11/15 Brickwork and Roof Covered
28/01/16 Internal Linings (Gyprock)
28/01/16 2nd Fix Carpentry - Including Kitchen Cupboards
15/03/16 Practical Completion
17/03/16 Walkthrough with Site Supervisor
24/03/16 Handover
1/04/16 Stormwater and Concreting - Including Driveway
5/04/16 Flooring (Laminate Floorboards and Carpet)
9/04/16 Move in date!
Later... Pergola/Verandah

Note: I am organising Concreting, Stormwater and Flooring outside of Fairmont Homes.

Edit: Included Selection Dates
Some more photos

looks good - those external colours are pretty much spot on with the earlier concepts you had. How is the corner pantry in the kitchen? Plenty of room? Thinking of doing a similar thing as may need to sacrifice a large walkin pantry.
Obviously, the bigger the pantry the better. I think the size of mine is on the smaller side...
Although that may just be the fact that having deeper shelves makes it seem smaller.
But it beats having just a cupboard for a pantry.

Hope that helps.
Now with floors:

Laminate Floorboards: Titan Brushbox
Carpet: Redbook Mushroom Field Twist
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum