Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Avalon Adelaide

Page 3 of 76
OH MY!!! Lick your slab.........you have waited WAY TOO LONG havent you?

Not sure I will feel exactly like doing the same! lol
Congrats it looks good and they obviously did a great job - hope all the trades are as talented in wintery weather! oh and if they are send them my way
Congrats!! How exciting! Things are going to fly now!
Hehe yeah, thanks peeps

Are you getting waffles Pam? I don't seem to remember seeing many in Adelaide. I reckon your right B4M3T -- because of our terrible clay soils. Ours soil is E-D (P) extremely reactive with Problems (lots of uncontrolled fill).
Congrats on the slab TomCat I'm really looking forward to following your build
Wow!! So exciting for you Tomcat!
You're slab looks great! It would make a great dance floor!!!
I just read your first page, I didn't realise you'd signed with McCracken before they folded. Gosh, that must have been stressful and awful.
Hi Tomcat
Congratulations for the Slab, looking forward to follow your build
Hey tomcat, have you got a framing date? Patiently counting down your curing time here

Thank you everyone ... It's really good reading all your good wishes
I enjoy reading about your plans and action or inaction (the killer admin/presite stage). And welcome new peeps to my thread ... It's lovely having you here taking interest!
Yes it's great to have started and it the McCracken fiasco couldn't have been better timing for us even though we lost $2k. My job was sooooooo bad at the time I walked out
It was killing me. The next week Mcc went to the wall. So strange as it seemed, they did me a favour. Would have been better if I got another job quicker though

I'm away for a week now for work. Will ask about the frame when I get back Tribe. We were looking at the slab today. No toilet or sign of anything else yet BUT there was something rather odd (not nice at all ... Some ppl are just ????)
. I'll post a photo shortly ...

Why would anyone do that? I don't understand.
Oh no TomCat, that is horrible. I just don't understand some people? They have no respect for anything, horrible for them but hopefully one day they will learn their lesson.
Some times things just happen for a reason, being unhappy at work is dreadful and a blessing your first build didn't progress and cause extra pressure. I'm so keen to see you get started on your beautiful home tomcat it's been a long time coming, your bed 3 is gigantic!!

Omg what in the world are people thinking? Who would come and do that to a slab? That is beyond disgraceful. I hope no damage has been done

Hi TomCat,
Your poor slab!!
I've been following your build for a few months and so glad you finally have something on that block of yours! Can't wait until you've been framed, good luck with it all!

Yes, you're right Princess, it is horrible for them ... I don't think they realise the impact their actions have. It's just a bit of rubber. If that's what the neighbourhood's like, I'd rather stay here
I'm sure you will have some lovely neighbours, but unfortunately there is always an idiot or two. In the end who cares you will have an amazing house, they're probably just jealous.
Oh no!, some people have nothing better to do for themselves. Shame on them.
yeah, my poor slab! All the time it took in it's blooming making

Yeah I think that did happen for a reason, we got a much nicer house this time around. That room is huge coz it's Mr TC's workroom ... he can do what he likes in there and I don't want any of his crap in my house. He's got plenty of room, so no excuses.
LOL

Night peeps, I'm off first thing in the morning and when I'm back next week, I want to see a toilet on my block with FENCING

Oh yes bring on the fence
Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum