Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Colorbond Colours

Page 3 of 3
Prescott_Build your colours look great, I really do love the Basalt and Dune together, thanks so responding.

I agree Dragonchild, Basalt is more of a grey which I really like and Gully looks more greenish which I think still goes
well with Dune. Decisions, decisions!!!! I have samples of all the colorbond colours we're considering which helps.

Hope all goes well with your colour apt, I so wish I had one of those. I have flexibility as we 're building with a local builder
which is great as I can chat with him anytime, like I did today but there are soooo many choices of everything. It can get
very confusing. Thanks for your response, much appreciated.
Just pulling up this thread again to post a picture of my gutters (in the new colorbond colour of "Gully"). Fascia is Surfmist.

Once the roof is on (soon!), I will post a picture of it, or several taken in different light.
That combination is looking great. What color bricks are you going with?
Austral's Cotton bricks - very light colour. There is a photo of a pallet of them on my blog.
Feature render at the front will be grand piano quarter, it is very light. I did a mock-up of the facade, its posted on the blog and (I think) on the PD thread, albeit a few pages back now.
As promised, some real life roof pictures.

Under moderate cloud:

Same location, but when the sun came out for a minute:

From the street behind, showing two of my neighbour's Colorbond for comparison:

I'm sorry, I don't know what the others are for sure but I -think- the other double story is Monument.
Your roof color is stunning. Monument is a good color but I think we have too many monument roof houses everywhere now.
For those who might be interested in Basalt.

A sheet of Basalt colorbond in full sun:

Basalt gutters + fascia in full sun with Boral Horizon Naturals Emerald brick and offwhite mortar:

Basalt roof + gutters + fascia:

Basalt changes color depending on the sun. In shade/late day it is clearly a blue-gray color. I liken it to a lighter Ironstone.
During full sun though it becomes much lighter, more grey and the blue changes from a darker blue to the blue of the sky as looking through haze on a hot day (sort of washed out).
It's interesting, but definitely something to be wary of. If you like the look of it in the shade, take it outside into full sun to check it. If you want dark during full sun, i would go with Ironstone.
we got Basalt roof and very happy with the colour and its shades under full sun and cloudy day.
I have basalt roof and never see hues of green or blue which is exactly my reasoning for choosing the colour. I guess it depends on what colours you have with it.
belzey
I have basalt roof and never see hues of green or blue which is exactly my reasoning for choosing the colour. I guess it depends on what colours you have with it.

And your eyes.
Some people see colour differently, as my mother does when she looks at it as well
We have also used Gully, here is a few pics with and without sun. The gutters are also Gully & the fascia is Dune.

Those of you that picked the Wallaby Colorbond roof which render colour did you go with.
All advice appreciated, I need to paint now.

Thanks
Dolphinblu I am looking at Wallaby as well and trying to choose render. What did you end up choosing for your render?
Thanks
HeathWilD
I work for BlueScope manufacturing colorbond and am building a new home with a colorbond roof. Unfortunately for me the colours were not released in time as we would have chosen Basalt over Monument, it is a really nice grey/stone colour without the blue hues of some of the other greys.

[/URL]

This pic was taken of Dune, Basalt and Monument samples hot off the paint line under a simulated natural light.

I am looking at using basalt for my roof. I am finding it really hard to pick my exterior colours can you recommend anyone I can talk to that might be able to help guid me?
Christyb
HeathWilD
I work for BlueScope manufacturing colorbond and am building a new home with a colorbond roof. Unfortunately for me the colours were not released in time as we would have chosen Basalt over Monument, it is a really nice grey/stone colour without the blue hues of some of the other greys.

[/URL]

This pic was taken of Dune, Basalt and Monument samples hot off the paint line under a simulated natural light.

I am looking at using basalt for my roof. I am finding it really hard to pick my exterior colours can you recommend anyone I can talk to that might be able to help guid me?

EmyN
We're having Basalt roof. I was so stoked when it was released, we were having so much trouble deciding on our roof and thus beautiful darkish, neutral based grey was just what we were looking for. Haven't seen it on an actual roof, just pictures and small samples. But it's exactly what we're after.

Hey Emily,

Does your basalt throw a slightly blue tinge? We have our on our guttering and garage and looks almost like a navy blue...
Christyb
HeathWilD

[/URL]

Hi there,

I have the basalt on my garage and guttering but its looking almost a navy blue? Is that normal??

Thanks
Lisa
Related
17/08/2023
26 year old Colorbond roof. Repaint or replace?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your house roof does not show rusting other than some surface rust on the flashings. In my opinion you dont need to replace or paint the roof other than treat surface rust…

21/02/2024
BOUNDARY FENCES: Timber Lapped and Capped OR Colorbond?

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, Our boundary perimeter fences need replacing (3 sides). From everyone's experience, what would you install? Timber lapped and capped OR colorbond? Thank you.

9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum