Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

YIKERS!!! My First Home, My First Build...

Page 3 of 3
Hi all, Final Builders interview went well??? 5 hours long..... ummmmm hahahahaha

Anyone point me to any Pavers/Landscapers who will be willing to quote??
Im in desperate need as my Bank needs a quote for the Driveway and foot paths.
for Seaford Meadows area
A
Well I have SLAB..... so its all go now...... cant wait to get in....
Congratulations on the slab Joffo.

I would be very interested to see how long it takes for your bricks to be completed.

My slab went down end of May, frame and roof shortly thereafter and now it has been almost 6 weeks with no action on the site. Apparently a shortage of bricklayers with Fairmont.

I was told there should be some action on the site this week (gyprock and wrapping), however the bricks will still be some while due to the large backlog of work.

Pretty frustrating when you see bricks going up on houses where the slabs went down a month or two after May.

Hopefully they can get it moving!
Hi Chrisprw, I will keep an eye out. I have only had Water and Elect connected and still no sign of frames, bricks etc. I assume slab cures for at least a little while???

Although the Neighbours (Distinctive Homes) have started to carve out their block next to me and have cut deep compared to my block. They have now installed retaining walls and fence post mounts along that side to stop my land falling in on their block.... I have had no contact from them about this.... I realise I'm paying for half the fence cost, as per fencing act, but a quote or a contact from them might have been good....I assume retaining is up for negotiation??? I assume?? that they are responsible for this as their land has been cut deep??
thoughts??

I did contact, via intro letter, all three neighbours quite a few weeks ago.... so my contact details are available.
Great news on your slab, joffofoz.

If you are in SA, if the neighbour wants you to pay for half the fencing cost, the neighbour has to contact you in writing before going ahead with anything. The blocks either side of us had not sold when we organised our fencing and we had to pay the lot. We could have waited of course, but with a dog we had to go ahead. So, because it was not possible to contact our neighbours, and the developers had it in the land contract that they would not be liable for fencing, unless the neighbours want to, they don't have to contribute at all. I don't know about retaining walls but expect if the wall is on the boundary similar rules apply.
Well no invoice in th email yet....... Im leaning towards the retaining is about 25% me as they needed to cut their block and they need to retain to stop undermining my block as far as I have read up on SA rules and regs.... Im not too fussed yet... Im happy to pay half for the colourbond but i want to discuss the retaining expectation before i hand over any $$$$... so I will suck it and see........I realise they are investors and not dwellers as far as I was told by my builder.... so I will have tenants as neighbours by all accounts.... the other neighbours I have already had communication from
Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

14/06/2024
Advice needed for first time build in Perth

Building A New House

granny can live in the garage. just give her a few extra blankets rofl

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum