Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

first home - fairmont homes_floor tiles

Page 3 of 8
had a quick drive by this morning. fellows are finishing the roof and the place is wrapped in fairmont plastic. .. im not sure but I think that means they are getring ready for brickies? will head out again a bit later when they are finished and try get some pics
A house in plastic! Sounds good. Frame looks super.
ahh exciting, hopefully that means bricks are on their way!!
FHB44, if they have wrapped it in the blue/metallic stuff then that is sarking/sisalation and normally done so that they can start the inside of your house even though the bricks may not have started/finished. You can see on AmyMumma's thread how that happened on her build. Some people pay extra for it, so that is a positive and means that they can work on the internals.
Eli_
FHB44, if they have wrapped it in the blue/metallic stuff then that is sarking/sisalation and normally done so that they can start the inside of your house even though the bricks may not have started/finished. You can see on AmyMumma's thread how that happened on her build. Some people pay extra for it, so that is a positive and means that they can work on the internals.

Thanks
That is good news, I saw they did it to Amymumma's house, but I just thought that was because they were taking so long. so that is very good news!
A couple of pics from today

Looking very smart!
Looks great!! Very nice
Looking good.
firsthomebuilder44
Eli_

Thanks
That is good news, I saw they did it to Amymumma's house, but I just thought that was because they were taking so long. so that is very good news!

No worries. It could mean that brickies are a little way away and they don't want that to slow things down, or it could mean they want to do both at the same time - either way I see it as a positive. The sarking is meant to give you a small amount of extra thermal insulation (not nearly as much as the insulation I've been told), but who would argue getting it for free even if it is only a small amount.

I drive past a couple of times a day like Amy, just don't get upset if that Hickinbotham house next door goes up a lot quicker. Their build times are much faster - so you'll save yourself worry if you don't try and compare.
Also, what plan did you choose, looks like a modified whitmore or similar?
Woohoo a house in blue!!

Looks like you have a lovely block too
Eli_

Hey yes it it the Whitmore split

Yes I think it is a positive, I just wasnt expecting it. It may also have something to do woth my 6 star energy rating.

Its funny you say that as that house has flown up in the last month, came out of no where. Cant say that its easy to watch but trying not let it get to me!
thanks for all your help though
misslibe
Woohoo a house in blue!!

Looks like you have a lovely block too

Thank you. It looks better in photos I think
its actually long and skinny but im pretty happy with it
I thought that Hickies house next door to you appeared out of nowhere also lol!
I'm competing with a Homestead home two houses down...they have painters in today so looks like they are in the lead now!! Pitt they started a couple of months after us
firsthomebuilder44
Eli_

Hey yes it it the Whitmore split

Yes I think it is a positive, I just wasnt expecting it. It may also have something to do woth my 6 star energy rating.

Its funny you say that as that house has flown up in the last month, came out of no where. Cant say that its easy to watch but trying not let it get to me!
thanks for all your help though

Yeh it's hard not to compare when it is right there. Similarly, we have a Hickinbotham house next to us. It started well after us and they are scheduled to move in around 2 months before us. In the grand scheme of things it's not too long, and we are happy for our neighbours getting in quickly.

No worries, we are about 10 weeks forward from you on a whitmore, so might be able to help here and there if you have any questions.
great thank you.
the whitmore is a great plan
where abouts are u building? will u be in my xmas?
Had some extra timbers put into the frames today by the fairmont maintenance dude, he seems to think giprock is scheduled to be installed on Thursday
but no sign of brickies yet
More progress, yippee
firsthomebuilder44
great thank you.
the whitmore is a great plan
where abouts are u building? will u be in my xmas?

We are buliding in Sheidow Park - we modified ours a bit by flipping the back half, adding a home theatre and moving the master bedroom to the front.
Our PC date is late November but haven't heard any change to that since they started. They started a week before Amy and scheduled to finish roughly a week after. It was funny to read Amy's thread as we actually have very similar selections, especially the exterior.
Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

29/05/2024
Building First home

Building A New House

Cant give recommendations in general with that builder, but during the colour selection, this is honestly personal preference. Depends on the style you want. Do you want…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum