Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our castle by the sea - first build in Trinity, Alkimos

Page 3 of 6
Wow that is super quick beemdoubleu .....definately trying to catch you up because of your roof delay . Ours sat there for 2 weeks before we went into lockup. You can look forward to a lockup meeting, then the supervisor can give you an idea of the schedule...well ours did anyway.I would think you will def have keys by the end of Aug, maybe even mid Aug if they keep going at this rate.YAY
you have a suprise waiting .
looking good
Thanks PD! We'll be going up later this afternoon - you've got me all excited now
What was the surprise..................
Ceilings AND windows! Will post pics later, but definitely excitement plus

Although will be in touch with the CLO tomorrow to check out a potential issue with the front window - it's supposed to have glazing bars, but not sure if these are done after installation
Ceilings and windows....

like how the planter box looks part of the house not a add on.
the white set is so smooth.
Thanks, I love our elevation, can't wait to see it with colour! Actually our street is looking really good - lots of variation in the elevations everyone has chosen - will be great when there's a fair few finished off (which won't be far away).

I've been very impressed with all of our trades so far. Lots of care and attention to detail whilst still moving along at a rapid pace. When the roof frame was completed my mum said it's one of the cleanest roof constructions she's ever seen

Good to see your window frames delivered PD, hopefully not too much longer for bricks??
Thanks for feeding us picture piggies, coming along nicely
Just need your cornices, then LOCKUP...sweeeet!!
Looking good beemdoubleu...you will have your keys by mid Aug!!
Loving the pics beem, flying along but a shame about the delay earlier with the tiles but I have known many people with CH and they work very hard to catch up on lost time. The white inside makes such a huge difference to the space! As your aware were so close to slab now but our plans are almost identical in the changes made which is quite funny but none-the-less, I will keep following
I'd be surprised if it's that quick Belle - more like last week of August, first week of September

The Polaris is a great design to start with Eddie, so we really didn't feel we had to mess around with it too much. It will be great to get your slab down soon, maybe you'll be in around the new year??
beemdoubleu
I'd be surprised if it's that quick Belle - more like last week of August, first week of September

Perhaps your right beemdoubleu , maybe best to think end of Aug, cos it if it happens sooner it's def a bonus. Though my friends house got held up a bit like yours has and it was only 5 weeks from lockup to keys, so they really powered through at the end to make up the time lost. I think C.H like to pride themselves on getting their houses done by the 24 week mark....which is middish Aug. I only know because our slabs went down at the same time and I'm always counting the weeks...lol!!

My house is only 3 or so weeks away....getting so impatient....cos it's so close!! Eek!!
You must be so excited Belle!!

I'm happy for you to post a pic of your place here to show it off

Do you have anything to do after handover, or have you had it all included in your building contract??
beemdoubleu
You must be so excited Belle!!

I'm happy for you to post a pic of your place here to show it off

Do you have anything to do after handover, or have you had it all included in your building contract??

Aww thanks ...that's very kind of you beemdoubleu . If I figure out the photo bucket thingo, I may just do that.

Yes we have heaps to do after we get keys.... flooring,sealing the house, paving ....the list goes on. So it will be around 10 days or so from keys to actually moving in...but that's ok. What about you?
We're having flooring & reverse cycle ducted air con put in after handover, and painting the house ourselves. Hoping to schedule the trade work in asap after we get keys!
Fixing carpenter has been in- internal doors, towel rails etc are on, cornices are in and the house is well and truly locked up with those lovely green doors
Will post up todays "peeking through the windows" pics later.

Hope everyone has seen some good stuff happening on their builds this weekend!
That's super exciting beemdoubleu!!
Though it's a pain when you can't get in any more...haha
Hopefully cabinets and tiling next week....it will be go, go ,go until prehandover now

Well not much to report from my end. My house has well and truly slowed up. Not much left to do at all, but it's all happening in slow motion
. That won't happen with yours though cos you've lost so much time already, the end bit will be quick for you I'm sure
Can't complain too much, given we got slabs at the same time, I'm sure it will only be a matter of weeks between me getting keys and then you...yay!!

Can't wait for your pix
Lock up meeting scheduled for next Wednesday morning!
beemdoubleu
Lock up meeting scheduled for next Wednesday morning!

Yaaay!! I'm sure your cabinets and tiling will be done by then too. Good luck
Related
13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

16/06/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Sadly no movement on site since soak wells went in. There are also missing/wrong storm water drains which need to be sorted, along with a broken pipe. Plumbing has been…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum