Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

QLD - California Creek Estate at Cornubia - Anyone??????

Page 3 of 4
Those are the clauses I mean. Not sure what you do to avoid it but I would keep a lot of pressure on them early.

Here is a link that describes the problem
http://responsiblefinancialsolutions.co ... set-clause
Sorry if I caused you to freak and good luck it sounds like its coming together.
hi guys,
There was someone on here thats a nearby resident,we have been looking into the area and wondered if the roads are going to change ?ie,some cul de sacs changing into roads?
I wondered what the access point to the estate is going to be?is it just from california creek road or will there be access from the top end too?
Also rumour of a park near Alpinia street going in?any light shed on this would be so helpfull.
cheers
Hi sunflowers girl, the main access point is California creek road and then you will also be able to come in from Gavin Way. I'm not sure about parks?
Hi All,

I'm a resident of Gavin Way and can confirm (from what I know) that the main access
point will be from a roundabout on California Creek Rd (construction just started).

This will lead into "Norman Drive" and "Matthew Scott-Young Drive".

The northern end of Gavin Way is also to be extended, to curl around back into the top end of the new estate.
Note however, that you would have to drive about 1km along Gavin Way (from California Creek Rd), just
to get to the start of the new development.

If you are interested, various documents are freely available on the Logan City Council website:

From the Logan City Council Home page:
Click on Planning and Building, then under the Related Links (right-hand side), click on Planning and Development Online;
Click on Application enquiry and do a search with just "2011" in the Application Number / Year field
and "California Creek Rd" in the Street Name;
You'll get a list of results, select the COM-4/2011 Application by clicking on the button to its left and voila,
there are documents galore for your reading pleasure (generally sorted with the latest at the bottom).

These include lot plans, vegetation protection and fauna management plans, engineering drawings / concerns,
stormwater proposals, objections from local residents
, the list goes on and on!

Hope this helps.
Stepanna, I've tried sending you a Private Message but its just sitting in my outbox? Mark mentioned you are building with Coral Homes and I was interested to know if you have found them good so far and if you've done your colour selection, contract signing etc. Can you give me some feedback please.
Thanks
Shelley
Hi Cantwait. I have sent you a reply via PM. Hope it helps.
Any updates???
We were at the land today. Street lights in, Energex transformer in, green electrical boxes in, street planting and footpath turf in. Looks good.
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone else has had a positive 'S' soil test since the last posts? Close to getting ours done and would love to save a few $$!
Does anyone know if there is any land left for sale in this estate or can provide a link to a valid website?
I am having no luck finding any info.
There is still land available. I think almost all of the big blocks have gone but there might be 1 or 2 back on the market. Contact Mark the sales person on 0412396118.
Finally some good news... The council has signed off stage 1 and its now in for registration! Woo Hoo.
What does "registration" actually mean? ie. when complete, does it mean you can start building?
Does it mean there would be public access to the streets within the estate (Stage 1)?
Registration means each lot in stage 1 has now been registered as an individual lot and we can now settle on it so it now becomes ours and then we can start building. I don't think public access is going to happen until the round about is complete.
Related
5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum