Page 3 of 6
TinaG
Good luck with settlement. Your choices look lovely

Thanks Tina!
Mumtomonkeys
inglewood
Mumtomonkeys
Perfect choices inglewood!
My girlfriend has the schots lights in her shaker style kitchen and they're amazing. If you frequent the decorating forum you would have seen it

June is soooo close, woohoo

Thanks Mumtomonkeys - will have to check out the decorating forum. Have you decided who you are going to build with yet?

Just don't blame me when your hip pocket suffers lol

Yep, carlisle, the ascot 29

LOL! I know that they're around $200 each - but I have seen some twice (or more than that) the price!!!

Will have to check out the ascot!
Back Pocket
Fingers crossed for you inglewood! Hope contract went well. When is your site start month?

Thanks! Contract went well. Just a few minor changes to go in the variation. Nothing major.

Site start was originally set for August - but PD said that once the land settles and they have the needed paperwork done they can start building about 4 weeks after settlement.

Contract says build will be 168 days - so with any luck we should be in by Christmas if they can start mid July.
inglewood
Back Pocket
Fingers crossed for you inglewood! Hope contract went well. When is your site start month?

Thanks! Contract went well. Just a few minor changes to go in the variation. Nothing major.

Site start was originally set for August - but PD said that once the land settles and they have the needed paperwork done they can start building about 4 weeks after settlement.

Contract says build will be 168 days - so with any luck we should be in by Christmas if they can start mid July.

Wow, 168 days, if only! We are doing 2 storey in zone 4 so 308 days! Sooooooooooo Long. We have started at least so on the journey. Hope you do get your July start, very exciting.
MummaDJ
inglewood

Wow, 168 days, if only! We are doing 2 storey in zone 4 so 308 days! Sooooooooooo Long. We have started at least so on the journey. Hope you do get your July start, very exciting.

wow - almost twice as long for a double story! We're in zone 2. Bet you're excited to have the frame going up! Each step is exciting!
Last weekend's visit to the land - almost finished.... Layer of bitumen on the road, second layer yet to be put on. Still lots of piles of dirt needing to be moved.

Will pop up there tomorrow and hopefully see further signs that it is coming to completion.
Land is almost finished. Wish they'd tell us a date...

Street signs are all in, nature strip trees are in, land is pegged out and they've started landscaping the park and reserve. Won't be long!!!

Final layer of bitumen is yet to go on, and fences need to be done, then it's finished!

Looks like you'll get your date soon. How exciting!!
Fingers crossed you get your date soon! Would be great to be in for Christmas.
June has been and gone and no settlement

I contacted our conveyancer and he reckons end of July - so we certainly wont be in by Christmas - never mind...

The gates have finally been taken down so we've been able to drive to our block and park in the driveway LOL! The boys even kicked the footy on the road. Fencing has been started in the estate, so we'll prob have a fence by the weekend.

Congrats on the first game of street footy!
Still no word on when settlement will be... Grrrrrr!

On a positive note we have the beginnings of a side fence

Stay positive. Hopefully once you start the build will run smooth. We are contracted for our 2 storey house to be finished in Feb 14, looks like we might be in by Sept/Oct if everything stays on track. So you just never know. My hubby always wanted to be in by Christmas and I used to say, if you think we might get in by Jan and it happens to be any earlier, well that is super. So fingers crossed for you.
MummaDJ
Stay positive. Hopefully once you start the build will run smooth. We are contracted for our 2 storey house to be finished in Feb 14, looks like we might be in by Sept/Oct if everything stays on track. So you just never know. My hubby always wanted to be in by Christmas and I used to say, if you think we might get in by Jan and it happens to be any earlier, well that is super. So fingers crossed for you.

Wow! Hope it all does stay on track for you! That's a huge time difference!
I love your kitchen choices, maybe cos they are somewhat similar to mine!!! We are going for ice snow benchtop and same profile door as you but in a polytec vinyl wrap. However, we are having a subway tile splash back. I also love those pendant lights from schots and plan on ordering them for my island bench. I haven't seen anything as nice as those to date. Good luck with your build, can't wait to see your finished kitchen!
Tracyw
I love your kitchen choices, maybe cos they are somewhat similar to mine!!! We are going for ice snow benchtop and same profile door as you but in a polytec vinyl wrap. However, we are having a subway tile splash back. I also love those pendant lights from schots and plan on ordering them for my island bench. I haven't seen anything as nice as those to date. Good luck with your build, can't wait to see your finished kitchen!

Thanks Tracyw. Looking forward to seeing your house come together! I'd love the subway tile, but hubby wanted the glass splash back - and he only requested a couple of things so I figured he should get what he wants since I'm getting 'my way' with the rest of the house!
I'll just have to enjoy the laundry with the subway tile in there

I'm tossing up between the lights from Schots and the Hamptons lights from Cape Cod Designs. Early Settler have a light fitting I'm in love with for over our dining table and it's a great price too. http://www.earlysettler.com.au/products/lighting/chandeliers/zola-4-light-chandelier-satin-nickel.html
Also check out this lighting website - some great stuff here that I just came across -
http://www.lucretiashop.com.au/lucretiashop/
MummaDJ
Also check out this lighting website - some great stuff here that I just came across -
http://www.lucretiashop.com.au/lucretiashop/

Thanks MummaDJ - I haven't seen that one yet!
Settlement on the land is finally set for the 15th of August! Wahoo!!!!

Woo! Hoo!
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum