Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Buiding in Riva Piara Waters!

Page 3 of 9
A copy of the building permit was sent to us as well as the builder. We received it first.
Thanks everyone! Yes we got the permit yesterday. Yay council approval only took 8 working days! Way quicker than we were told!!
I have also sent an email to Ross North with all of my questions! Thank you everyone for your help!
Hello everyone, can someone tell me if RIVA estate is in the restricted movement zone (RMZ) for European House Borer? I spoke my builder and they suggest they can use untreated timber for roof frames but the government website says estate is in the zone. i want to know if anyone has got any idea.
hi, we just received our building permit for piara waters and it says the house borer is around - the council recommends using treated woods.
Hey guys,

I'm new to the site, just wanted to say hello! I'm building on Narbonne way in Piara waters as well, just noticed some of you are on the same road or close by! My floor tiling just started this past Tuesday so I'm getting pretty excited!
hi shanu,
you'll be just through the park from us
we're on riva entrance, stage 7. we've only got our slab so far but at least its underway.
Congratulations! time flies, before you know it you'll be well underway,my slab was only poured april 5th!
Thank you
It does seem to move pretty quickly; we just had an email to say brick laying is about to start, yay! Who are you building with?
I building with first home buyers direct. Been real fast so far! Whats the specs for your house?
we're with hbc, just building a 3x2 with a little space for a garden/backyard
what about you?its taken about 6 months for pre-construction, and they reckon about 6 months to do the build so we should be in at the beginning of the new year.
Im building a 4x2, have a bit of a backyard to! Looks like a real nice area, so Im keen to meet all the neighbours!
yeah i hope its all gonna look really nice once the park is in
would be nice to get a little community going, a book club or something like that
Hi queen of fluff and Shanu!!

My fiance and I are building on Lanciano way... if you go by that way I think there only two of us who are currently in construction so you know which one is our house haha! Ours is the 4x2 with front garage

We are currently nearing the end of our brick work. Slab was only poured on the 25th of June! Ross North have been so fast and amazing

May I ask how old you both are (if that's ok...) just want to get to know our neighbours haha!!
Hi Stephie,

I am 27, be good to know all the new neighbours, my house had just had the gas and electrical fit out done so not long now! Mines on narbonne way it'll be easy to spot cause the other houses under construction are still in the early stages!

How about your self?
Hi Stephie,
we are building in stage 6 on riva entrance and are one of the first ones to go up
I'm 27 and my fiance is 30.
We are quite happy with the progress of the build (hbc), it seems to be going very fast. We are hoping to be in in Jan/Feb.
stephie88
Hi queen of fluff and Shanu!!

My fiance and I are building on Lanciano way... if you go by that way I think there only two of us who are currently in construction so you know which one is our house haha! Ours is the 4x2 with front garage

We are currently nearing the end of our brick work. Slab was only poured on the 25th of June! Ross North have been so fast and amazing

May I ask how old you both are (if that's ok...) just want to get to know our neighbours haha!!

Hi Stephie, we are on Monticello Parkway and think back of your house the one with red bricks.
Hi!! My fiance and I are both 25 and getting married in November. Our house is estimated to be finished around then so yay!! lol
Wow arayasam! Small world! haha you are the one directly behind us at lock up? I must confess I walked through your house just after your walls went up hehe, feel free to do the same.... or maybe it's just me who likes to be nosy haha
That will be handy, we can talk about fences here! lol

This damn rain has put us back about a week, but our brickies worked last saturday and sunday to try and make up time (although the building permit says they can't work sundays? shhhhhh!)
Sorry, My fiance has just told me to add..... Do any of your men like soccer?? haha typical!
Hi Stephie,
the thing with the tradies is, they get paid per contract I think, so its up to them to finish the job asap so they can earn a living. My fiance is a ceiling flusher and that's how it works for him.
He's more of a footy guy, but he can get into soccer as well, as long as there's some beer involved I think
Hi guys,

Im more a footy guy too! GO WESTCOAST!! but same goes here, whens theres beer im there!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum