Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Merlot with Terrazza - Beechwood (Newcastle)

Page 3 of 4
We were pleasantly surprised when we received a call yesterday to say our tender from BW was ready. even more surprised to find that the tender was less than what we were expecting. Only thing we need to go back and ask is that the Genesis Indulgence package that was said would be included for free was not in the tender.
Anyone else found this?
DenBer
We were pleasantly surprised when we received a call yesterday to say our tender from BW was ready. even more surprised to find that the tender was less than what we were expecting. Only thing we need to go back and ask is that the Genesis Indulgence package that was said would be included for free was not in the tender.
Anyone else found this?

Hey DenBer,

Is there a difference between Genesis Inclusions and Genesis Indulgence? We had the Genesis Inclusions included in our tender but no mention of the Indulgence. I assumed that this was an extra?

To give you a bit of context: we recieved our tender mid-late July and just put our deposit down for preparing plans/lodging DA/etc. So we are only just ahead of you.

Little J
Hi Little J,

We were told by our consultant we would get the Genesis standard inclusions which are at the back of the Genesis series booklet. We were also advised on top of the standard inclusions we would get the free indulgence package which comes with every genesis home. This is also located at the bottom of genesis standard inclusions.
Maybe the extra offer started after July??

The Indulgence is on top of standard; carpet, dishwasher , colorbond roof, floor tiles, alarm system etc
that indulgence package sounds like stuff that was treated as included in our tender. Perhaps the marketing language has changed, but the inclusions don't seem to have. You will notice it on your tender - the add those bits in as line items with free next to em I think.
Daveinthehills,

Yes the standard inclusion were included as free, but no mention of indulgence package in tender. Indulgence covered extra for us than standard
Site work did not commence until almost the end of the 28 days allowed for us. Although we did have a fair bit of rain at that time.

Our inclusions were listed under 2 sections, one labelled "Standard Inclusion Items" and then "Genesis Inclusions" and the "Genesis Inclusions" also listed what was included in the indulgence package. So they were listed, but not really separately to the normal Genesis inclusions.
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we just found out that even though 'colorbond' roof was included in our genesis package tender, sarking was NOT included. Even though to have a colorbond roof, you NEED sarking. We only found out by asking (when we were comparing Allworths tender with Beechwoods). Make sure this cost is itemised in your tender
Thanks threeboxes, will follow that up now as our tender also says nothing of sarking
DenBer
Hi Little J,

We were told by our consultant we would get the Genesis standard inclusions which are at the back of the Genesis series booklet. We were also advised on top of the standard inclusions we would get the free indulgence package which comes with every genesis home. This is also located at the bottom of genesis standard inclusions.
Maybe the extra offer started after July??

The Indulgence is on top of standard; carpet, dishwasher , colorbond roof, floor tiles, alarm system etc

So what exactly was included as part of the Indulgence package? Is it like the cabinets in the TV niches that are featured in the display homes?
Oops hit send before I finished.
Standard inclusions include all general, external features,internal, kitchen, bathroom, laundry , electrical and gas appliance features. There are too many to write on here
LittleJ, take a look at this brochure from the BW website:

http://www.beechwoodhomes.com.au/images/promo/31_l.pdf

In the top left corner it lists what is included in the Indulgence Package.
NovaVista
LittleJ, take a look at this brochure from the BW website:

http://www.beechwoodhomes.com.au/images/promo/31_l.pdf

In the top left corner it lists what is included in the Indulgence Package.

Oh thanks Nova!

I checked it against my tender and all the listed items are included, but it just hasn't specifically identified that it was the Indulgence Package.
As long as it was listed, I would be happy with that!
hey your house is looking great,

we are in the process of building the same house in newcastle, just without the third garage unfortunately !!

do you have any more photos you could upload of anything and everything to give us more of any idea on how it will all look in a few months, we have only got our frames up!!
Ok, so we got our colour selections pack this week that we need to go over before we meet BW for our final plans. One thing that came up which concerned my fiance and I was the inlcusion of a fibreglass shower hob... ermmm we were hoping/expecting our showers to be tiled...

Can someone confirm whether having our showers tiled is an extra???

Little J

P.s. I didnt actually know what a a shower hob was until today - It's a fibreglass base in the shower in lieu of a tiled floor.
Shower floor is tiled. Hob goes on top of tiles and shower screen on top of that.

No need for concern. Hob is about 2cm high.

What estate are you in?
Thanks Sarbear! After googling it, I freaked out thinking it was going to be all fiberglass haha!

We're not actually in an estate, we bought an infill block in an older area. I'll PM you details.
nova I LOVE your brick. Wish I had seen it because I would have picked that too lol!! We had Urban one pepper picked, but it was unavailable when we needed it, and I had to choose another on the spot. I really like what we ended up with, but I don't 'love' it.... always hard to get the original idea out of ones head!! Yours would have been a better alternative
((
Nova, How is your build going???
Sorry I've been MIA, as I'm sure you all know moving time is a busy time!!

Thanks build again. I love the bricks too. They are now discontinued though I'm pretty sure so we were lucky to get them.

We've been busy organising the 'essentials' like flooring, driveway, blinds etc. I have a couple more photos here but if I get a chance to upload some at home I can put up more.

Meals Area

Living Room

Theatre

Bathroom

Spare Bedroom
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum