Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Greenvale Gardens, Greenvale VIC - Boutique Homes

Page 3 of 9
Hi romeo33,

I received an email this week stating that the intersection wouldnt be completed until April 2013!! Looks like we have a while to wait.
skye02
Hi romeo33,

I received an email this week stating that the intersection wouldnt be completed until April 2013!! Looks like we have a while to wait.

Cheers for that skye02
April 2013!!! Bloody hell!
Guess we will be waiting a while
This may be the reason why there is such a delay:

http://hume-leader.whereilive.com.au/ne ... ion-boost/

I think Australand are waiting for the money to come though. What a Joke! i cant believe that these things have taken so long Land settled late December 2011 and there is still not official main road entry untill Arpil 2013, yet they titled the land anyway.
Interesting Mr_Cool. Its very slack especially as quite a few people are living there now and will be relying on that access.
It looks like half of the estates houses will be built before we even have display homes built.
hey skye,

my site costs were fixed at $15k. we had very little to o rock on our site so hopefully it continues onto your block.as for the slab we were advised to upgrade to a H slab because of the lack of rock and the clay type soil we have here. to strengthen the slab. how is the house searching going?

i cant believe the entrance wont be done till april, that is a bloody joke, i had a couple mate buy over the road at providence instead of here because the lack of work done in the estate over such a long time!!! if i had known this i probably would have done the same.

cheers matty
Would any of you be able to tell me what kind of concrete slab boutique use?

Thanks
Hi Luciiaa1,

The slabs that were used are waffal pod. The class of slab eg h class p class etc depends on the soil type of your land.
Hi Everyone,

We bought a block on the park frontage a few months ago. It's still not settled as there are problems with Vic roads and Australand apparently. They say that it will be settled somewhere between Xmas and May????? also, we just chatted to the Australand guy there today and he said that they would start working on the oval in March.

Nice to meet you all!
Mel
Hi Melanie,

I cant believe they have given you a settlement period of 5 months!! i bet that is frustrating.
Hi everyone,

Great idea to start up this forum

Me and my wife are on Water Fern Grove.

I just wanted to see how everyone else is going with their internet? Has anyone else been trough hell with it or just me? Anyway i have now sorted out everything and internet and phones are working but i am getting crap download speeds from around 7pm onwards. Is anyone else experiencing this?

My speeds during the day are great but at night they are terrible. I can appreciate 'peak' time but the variance is huge!! It doesn't even compare to ADSL2. I tried calling iprimus but of course it seems fine from their end....and i can only imagine what opticomm will say!!

Any feedback would be great so as i can try get to the bottom of it.

Thanks.
Hi Billy,

I have been with iinet for the past 5 months and have not had any issues asives from the occasional drop out. what speed connection did you purchase? I have 50/25mbps which is more than enough, can download at 2mb per second.
Howdy everyone.

We just put a holding deposit down on one of the lots on Blossom Drive, titling in September.

I have a question about the building guidelines, relating to fences. The guidelines state that we're not allowed a front fence, but has anyone heard anything about the rules relating to hedges or other gardens in the front?

We wanted a small fence in the front, or something similar for two main reasons:
The design we're looking at has the main bedroom right in the front of the house, so a little bit of privacy would be preferred. Also, the block is on the corner, so I would assume that walkers and cyclists might be inclined to cut across the front as they round the corner.

Any other feedback regarding any other part of the process you've experienced so far, including how it is to be actually be living on the estate now would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi Keyser5,

I don’t think there are any rules about hedges etc. One Idea I have to your problem is the option of a raised garden bed. If you go to the Display homes in Providence you will see examples of them there. They look quite good. I am considering doing that for my place eventually.

As for living in the estate it was quite good. I have since moved house due to a change in my circumstances and have rented my place out for the moment. I plan to move back in the future. The estate entry is a joke and that is one of the reasons which made my decision to move easier. There seems to be no progress on any of the things which should have been there before the land as titled i.e Entrance etc. I’m sure the others here would agree with me that it is a major disappointment. Everyone seems to be very friendly and I believe (based on some of Australand's other developments) once all the landscaping works etc are completed it will be a great place to live

Have you chosen a builder yet?
Hi Mr Cool.

Thanks for the idea of the Raised Garden. I think we are going to use something like that, and the also a porch area to give us a little privacy. We'll also put some sort of fast growing tree in the front if we end up having lots of people cutting across the front of the place.

Thanks for the other feedback, sorry to hear you had to move on for the time being. The Estate entry has been being worked on quite extensively the last few times we've been up - Hopefully it's sorted out soon.

As for builders, we've been looking at Sherridon, and Sekisui House. Leaning towards Sekisui House now, as their floorplan is slightly more suited to us, and they are just getting started in the Australian Market, so can't afford to do a bad job. Hopefully that will keep a little pressure on them, to do a good job. We just got their quote, and while the house price is good, some of the Site costs seem expensive, so now I'm going to do my research and see what we can shave off there.

Thanks!
Does anyone have a problem with the thin streets? Every time I have been to our block its a struggle to drive down when residents have visitors parking on the street etc. Surely Australand could decrease our nature strips to increase the size of the road.
Hi all. Anyone here had problems with their land valuation from the banks? Seems that the bank has valued it at 10k less
Hi hocm,

I have heard of this issue with some others in the estate. Just an indication of the current market prices i guess.

Keyser5,

Have you decided on a builder? Also how are things progressing with the front entry etc as i have not been in the estate for the last few weeks.
Hi,

We are building the vienna 21 by Porter Davis on Posy st. Land settling in November.. Was originally September but has now been delayed. Same as most things in the estate.. such as the traffic lights and parks etc. I just hope by the time we move in it looks somewhat established.

We had a slight problem with the valuation. Came in $10,000 under but we got in valued again with another lend and it was spot on.

Makes you wonder how they can vary so much, Lender to lender.

We also had a problem with the LMI with QBE. They declined to insure the house as they couldnt see any history of the resale of similiar properties in Greenvale.. Dont understand how it works. But i have recently driven through the estate and seen 6 of the Vienna's built - almost finished.

Just wondering has anyone else had any problems with the LMI? We are first home buyers and our credit rating is fine..

Didnt lie about any credit cards etc. They said we where fine, They just didnt feel the house was safe to insure..?

We where going through Bank West.

But we have just applied with ING and they use Genworth.. Our broker seems to think we should fine.

Cheers
Jassem91
We had a slight problem with the valuation. Came in $10,000 under but we got in valued again with another lend and it was spot on.

yeap. similar nightmare to what i am experiencing at the moment.
Trust me it is very very unsettling. We have decided to dispute the valuation but i am not holding my breath....
Yeah there isn't much you can do except get it revalued with another lender. But that just puts you back at the start and you then have to re apply etc. Such a head ache. We are really at the banks mercy... Or in my case the mortgage insurers.

I am hoping my next valuation comes in even and our LMI is all fine.. Fingers crossed.
Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum