Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Monterey 993 Q1 - Kitchen is in! Yay!!! - New photo's.

Page 3 of 3
just drove past ur build and there's tradies working there. I can post here and let u know if the slab is poured tomorrow if u like?
ooooo that would be great! Thanks.

Yes the "The Slab" pple are suppose to be finishing off. Putting more wire on top of the heating pipe work, to reinforce the slab.
havent driven past your block but from my front door i can see the concrete pump truck boom up in the air! No other emoty blocks in that area so it must be you getting slabbed!
Cool thanks. Yeah Hubby has been past already this morning and yep they are pouring. The frame is suppose to start on Tuesday!
drove past ur build around 11am this morning. the timber was there and so were the chippies!
Ok Up date on some pics and progress.....

The house all wrapped up, with roof tile and ready to brick...

Front of the house.

Back of the house

Bricked!

Back of the house.

Laundry side of the house looking towards the front (back of garage).

inside - from the kitchen to the rumpus/ dining area

Hallway, looking towards the back of house

Master bedroom with huge walk in robe!!!

Ok issues along the way - well the bicks are still not right. There was a delay with our bricks and with in a few days they (boral) miraculously found some!! mmm Lucky the front of the house is being rendered. Hubby seems to think the different shades of brick give the house character.

Roof tiles- The ridge caps and the roof tile themselves are 2 different colours, Our SS is suppose to get a rep out to check it out, with the possibility of respraying the roof.

little things gas metre in the wrong place which is to be moved still.... Front door weathered already due to sitting out waiting to be installed so the front door needs to be replaced, and I noticed a crack in the timber windows also today so will see what we will do that in time.

Otherwise all is good, seems to be going up so quickly.... And the kids love it walking into there "new" bedrooms!
Not sure whether it's just me or not but I can't see any pics
[quote="catjim"]Not sure whether it's just me or not but I can't see any pics
/quote]
Don't worry, I can now.
Sorry havent been on for a while trying to remember how everything works.... (pregnancy brain well and truly kicked in 3rd time around!!).

catjim
catjim
Not sure whether it's just me or not but I can't see any pics
/quote]
Don't worry, I can now.
Looking good there!
boiselfish
Looking good there!

Thanks! Its all moving along so fast!
Ok So I am getting annoyed now. I wonder if I would have went through my original builder would I have had so many issues in the build????

My Hubby said to me just because things went well with our administration doesnt mean the build will go so well. Which is exactly how it is. I am lucky though I suppose that my hubby is in the building industry and therefore knows some things but for those of you that are out there building and have no idea about your build I strongly suggest and you get your own building inspector in for all stages of the build. We will be getting ours towards the end (hopefully, if i find someone. I am welcome to whom anyone recommends).

So Finally got an answer about when our roof will be resprayed and I have been told that it will be just before hand over.

Our Front door - I am still waiting on an answer on when that will be replaced!

We noticed some cracks in one of our timber windows at the front (So should have stuck with aluminum windows!!) to the site supervisor (who I am sure I have mentioned before has no idea what's going on!) but anyway he just grunted at me when I pointed them out to him. So I told the SS that I will discuss with hubby what their options will be! So emailed the administration and told them about the cracks of the window and asked for the windows to be replaced. They have returned my email and advised that the cracks will be repaired, (mmmmm) I asked how, do think i have got a reply back yet??????

Now to go on...... so Friday about 2 weeks ago now, I got this strange call from our SS, as we were about to take our new caravan for its first weekend away test drive, I was asked who authorised hubby to do all the electrical on site (as the house was being plastered!!)! My reaction....
Of course the only condition for us to build was that hubby was doing the heating , cooling and electrical. So they were well aware right from day one that hubby was doing, what he needed to do. Now knowing that the house was being plastered, and the plastering was pretty much almost complete, I mean how do you react to that. As calmly as I possibly can I spent the afternoon on the phone talking to admin and explaining that "you were all aware!" then hubby on his phone, having ago at the SS. Ahhh the joys of building!!! haha.

Oh yeah caravan trip weekend away was good!!!

Now some pics.....

The dining/ living rooms

The Toy room/ Kitchen/ hallway entrance

The Toy room window

Laundry

Study
Ok here is the latest.

Tell me what you think!

The top photo's are of our home being built and the last photo is off our home as displayed.

Have a nice Easter everyone!
Kitchen is in minus the stone bench tops.....

Laundry

Laundry with wall tile

Powder minus the mirror

Bathroom

Ensuite
Related
9/08/2023
Kitchen Renovation: DIY vs Resurfacing vs New Kaboodle

General Discussion

Assuming the structure of your cabinetry is good then I would DIY everything as follows: - replace your counter tops entirely, - replace all drawer runners with soft close…

13/06/2023
Kitchen floors

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Awesome, I can do that. Thanks mate.

14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum