Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 3 of 788
jacknruby - will get quote out tonight and let you know tomorrow
jacknruby
Hi

Thanks for your replys...just a couple of ??

Acre-Is Costa's just doing the wiring and and have you engaged the private electrician? We have a friend who is a sparky but he is always so busy and thought might just be easier to get them done by Costas but now I am hearing the cost its a little freaky.....

Springtime - is the quote for $5k for LED Downlights? we have been to some light stores and they are recommending Compact Flouro Downlights (a lot cheaper and only use 9w of power LED use about 5W) but you can also buy LED globes for the CF's also not cheap mind you like $80 globe but guaranteed not to blow for 15 years, if a LED blows you have replace the whole downlight apparently.

DOes any know approx cost for costa's to put in extra power points?

Hubbys best mate is an electrician so will be getting him to do us a good price (his words)
Hi everyone!

Just updating on where we're up to with Beechwood...

Land settlement - April 2010
Paid initial deposit with Beechwood - June 2010
Plans to council - approx. November 2010
Approved by council - approx December 2010 (took only 3 weeks to approve!!)

We are currently waiting on our final contract, which we should have in the next few days. Fingers crossed everything in it is correct and the final price is reasonable!!

We have found the paperwork side of things extremly frustrating due to lack of communcation and having our file 'go back to the bottom of the pile' each time we ask a question. But, overall, they have been pretty good considering we have asked for quite a few changes/upgrades and the house design is a brand new design.

Anyway, good luck to everyone! Looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress!

Mel
jacknruby
Just Starting: Just curious about your comments re Costa's and your lighting, how many downlights was that for if you dont mind me asking as we are trying to work out our budget moving forward looking grim...and we would like extra powerpoints (like 10) and 3 extra TV ports and downlights (maybe 50 - all rooms of the house), what did your extra $7700 get, I am now frighten to think....we were allowing like $3K
Building ahhh the joys....

Thanks...

Found quote......double power points $54.00 each
12 total
weatherproof double power points $90.00 each
need them 2 total
bathroom tastics $320.00 each
2 total
supply & install fixed low voltage down lights $56.00 each
59 total
plus additional wire for the extra lights $7700 approx
just check if you need that many lights, we put bayonet lights in the bedrooms and a light at the laundry door at the back as it wasn't on the plans.

hope this helps
melc500
Hi everyone!

Just updating on where we're up to with Beechwood...

Land settlement - April 2010
Paid initial deposit with Beechwood - June 2010
Plans to council - approx. November 2010
Approved by council - approx December 2010 (took only 3 weeks to approve!!)

We are currently waiting on our final contract, which we should have in the next few days. Fingers crossed everything in it is correct and the final price is reasonable!!

We have found the paperwork side of things extremly frustrating due to lack of communcation and having our file 'go back to the bottom of the pile' each time we ask a question. But, overall, they have been pretty good considering we have asked for quite a few changes/upgrades and the house design is a brand new design.

Anyway, good luck to everyone! Looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress!

Mel

Mel, Where abouts are you building? which head office are you dealing with?
Well Beechwood have about 25 days to get on site - she said it wouldnt take that long though...
Starting to get very excited now.....Lets hope we will be in by xmas - We would love to be in for hubbys 30th mid june but i dont thin it will happen...what do you think Kathy, going by your build it wouldnt be too far off Mid/late june...?
just starting
jacknruby
Just Starting: Just curious about your comments re Costa's and your lighting, how many downlights was that for if you dont mind me asking as we are trying to work out our budget moving forward looking grim...and we would like extra powerpoints (like 10) and 3 extra TV ports and downlights (maybe 50 - all rooms of the house), what did your extra $7700 get, I am now frighten to think....we were allowing like $3K

Thanks...

12 total
need them 2 total
2 total
59 total
just check if you need that many lights, we put bayonet lights in the bedrooms and a light at the laundry door at the back as it wasn't on the plans.

hope this helps

i can see 2 things on there we dont need due to bonus range they had at time of signing up
All powerpoints are now double
and 12 bonus heat light (bathroom tastics) - its going in the ensuite.

thanks for that Kathy
got any recent pics for us
just starting
jacknruby

Thanks...

12 total
need them 2 total
2 total
59 total

hope this helps

Thanks so much Just Starting.....really appreicate it! Hmm decisions they dont seem to bad in price.
Amanda, if the heat keeps up you should have a great start to your house....if you try to get to know your SS that helps as we email him all the time to know where things are up to.....we found that we email him and CC in our contact at Beechwood head office and things have been moving smoothly.
The painters are due to be finished on Monday so I will post photos then......if I can get in

Hope all the info helped with costa as the contractor that is bought in by them in our area said he could do it cheaper if we hadn't signed the Costa contract.
acrebuild1
Well Beechwood have about 25 days to get on site - she said it wouldnt take that long though...
Starting to get very excited now.....Lets hope we will be in by xmas - We would love to be in for hubbys 30th mid june but i dont thin it will happen...what do you think Kathy, going by your build it wouldnt be too far off Mid/late june...?

We're building in the Camden area and dealing with the Head Office at Wetherill Park. We're really hoping to sign the final contract this month and get started by the end of March. We'd like to be in the house by Sept/Oct, not sure if this is realistic or not though...?? what do you think?? We were told they take an average of 6 months to build a single story home.
melc500
acrebuild1

We're building in the Camden area and dealing with the Head Office at Wetherill Park. We're really hoping to sign the final contract this month and get started by the end of March. We'd like to be in the house by Sept/Oct, not sure if this is realistic or not though...?? what do you think?? We were told they take an average of 6 months to build a single story home.

hhmmmm maybe... probably not, we paid our deposit last April and only just starting in the next few weeks - Yeah 23 week contract for single story, but for us there was 10 months of paperwork before that - even with the hold ups from our end it would have only maybe in a month or 2 earlier - I hope for your sake you are.
Have you been to council ?
Hi Melc500,

Just wanted to let you know we built with Beechwood 20 yrs ago a single storey 3 bed, family , lounge kitchen, main with onsuite, single garage,& they started the actual build in June, handover was in the first week of December, so yes, they take 6 months to build a single storey....I hope this helps.
acrebuild1
hhmmmm maybe... probably not, we paid our deposit last April and only just starting in the next few weeks - Yeah 23 week contract for single story, but for us there was 10 months of paperwork before that - even with the hold ups from our end it would have only maybe in a month or 2 earlier - I hope for your sake you are.

We paid our initial deposit in June, so yeah it's taken us 8 months to get our final contract drawn up ready for signing. This was partially our fault though due to changes and questions we asked. We've been through BASIX etc and council only took 3 weeks which was a miracle! So as far as I know, we should be ready to start building in about March/April if we get our contract signed in the next few weeks.
springtime
Hi Melc500,

Just wanted to let you know we built with Beechwood 20 yrs ago a single storey 3 bed, family , lounge kitchen, main with onsuite, single garage,& they started the actual build in June, handover was in the first week of December, so yes, they take 6 months to build a single storey....I hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback Springtime, good to know that sometimes houses are built within the timeframe! hopefully we are lucky too!
Mel
Check out my timeline......the weather at the start was a big factor
melc500
acrebuild1

We paid our initial deposit in June, so yeah it's taken us 8 months to get our final contract drawn up ready for signing. This was partially our fault though due to changes and questions we asked. We've been through BASIX etc and council only took 3 weeks which was a miracle! So as far as I know, we should be ready to start building in about March/April if we get our contract signed in the next few weeks.

one thing i recommend Is to make sure your certificate to commence is ready from the bank(if you have finance on the build)
This too us 2 months (and only got that this week) when beechwood get this letter they have 28 days to start.
i cant stress enough to make sure your bank doesnt hold your build up
just starting
Mel
Check out my timeline......the weather at the start was a big factor

i think ours will be about the same as yours Kathy - 18 months (our hold up has been us changing the plans and the bank.)
acrebuild1
one thing i recommend Is to make sure your certificate to commence is ready from the bank(if you have finance on the build)
This too us 2 months (and only got that this week) when beechwood get this letter they have 28 days to start.
i cant stress enough to make sure your bank doesnt hold your build up

Thanks for the tip Acrebuild! Luckily we have a really good Broker who has already got pre-approval for us and sent through the tender to the bank. So apparently once we have the final contract all we have to do is send that through and our finance should be sorted. We definitely dont want any more delays, so fingers crossed everything goes according to plan.
Sounds as though its pretty much sorted then.
We were the same as Amanda, we had approval from the bank everything ready to go.....then Beechwood held us up and we also had to reapply for our loan. It took additional time for that also.

Make sure Beechwood don't hold anything up......
Hi guys...

Melc - What home have you chosen?

Hmmm dont talk to me about banks (and I work in one also) they are now holding proceedings up! MelC dont rely on pre approval as we also had this and kinda means nothing, cause once you sign the contract it all starts with the bank they need to do a Valuation on the tender, then it generally needs to be approved with the banks credit area (bascially decides if the price is right) once credit approve all the actual loan documents which include all the progress pa are produced, they then need signing and then send back for certification to ensure they are all signed correctly, then they will issue letter to commence to the builder....it is a long process that doesnt happen over night!
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum