Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Not long now.............

Page 3 of 22
andy
we are building the riverton30 with the somerton facade and recently checked out a home referred by warren with the somerton facade ,and found that the infil timber in the garage very average .
I know sanmark is going for the somerton facade and any one else building with carlisle who can offer their opinion do so.
the timber was of a standard grade with the knots and all ,it stood out like DB even after it was painted and didnt do the render any justice.
if i saw this earlier i would have asked for a brick infil

We are doing the Somerton facade as well - could you PM me the address I'd love to go see one in the flesh.

The other thing Re the infill, it was going to cost about $2k to get brick I believe - I have read elsewhere that it maybe possible to add cladding or render to the timber beam but I have not looked at this any further.
its at 286 centre rd narre warren.tell me what you think
andy

Epp that is a bit of a drive from Hoppers Crossing, if I make it I will post back
andy

Narre warren hey, that's not too far, maybe I might go for a drive? We really liked the facade (can't remember the name of it) but it was the most expensive one of the lot, and it had 3 vertical windows at the front, rather than the single large window on the master bedroom. For the small change, just couldn't justify paying that extra bit seeing as we had already stretched the budget!! Lol
Hi Guys, Just wondering if any of you are first home buyers who have their land titled in Sandarra - and if so did you build within your 26wk period to get the FHOG? Looks like my land is going to title in March, probably late march possibly even in April.... (i am in Release 12) not very happy
but what can you do. I have spoken to the developer and they have advised that they would provide letters in March for people who are going for the $32k FHOG so I can get an extension as it is clearly not my fault that the land isn't titled!! I'm ready to build now!!! haha. Just wondering if you guys needed to get that letter from the land developer and if you had any issues regarding the extension of the FHOG?
We settled stage 3 release 8 on the 22nd Jan 10.CLO at CH says next step is to submit plans to DAP at Sandhurst and Iam guessing, they will then go for the building permit and submit final drawings for signing off by us before site scrape.

Is this right and how long will all this take?

building riverton30
contract signed 30/10/09
land settled 22nd Jan10
Sounds about right to me they need to get the final approvals before they can start.
Went past sandarra today, and our footpath is in, and our crossovers done!! Yay!!
Pitty about the otherside of the street through, they are miles behind.... poor buggers. Having said that, it's not lilke our land is going to get titled without their stuff being done now is it! (so poor me!!)
I was informed this morning by our CLO that we have to pay a $375 application fee to the DAP at sandhurst or clublinks. The fee relates to the submission of our plans to the DAP for approval.

I was not happy as I thought all fees are paid by Carlisle in obtaining permits etc..
I then checked our tender/contract and it says carlisle pay for all fees excluding asset protection and planning permits .

Has anyone paid these fees and do I have any grounds to dispute this fee
andy
I was informed this morning by our CLO that we have to pay a $375 application fee to the DAP at sandhurst or clublinks. The fee relates to the submission of our plans to the DAP for approval.

I was not happy as I thought all fees are paid by Carlisle in obtaining permits etc..
I then checked our tender/contract and it says carlisle pay for all fees excluding asset protection and planning permits .

Hey andy,
DAP isn't a planning permit, however you will probably be up for the $1500 asset protection bond based on what you have above.
The $375 DAP fee has been clearly marked in the design guidelines/covenant since last year so one would think it *should* have been taken into account.

Does your contract have a section where they marked it *estate costs/requirements* or somesuch where they allow a sum for all the specific requirements for the estate?
EG. Fibre costs, recycled water connection, or are these all individually listed?
As for us at least and I know were with a different builder, they just had a fixed sum that included all the 'Estate requirements" which includes the DAP approval cost.
andy

Hey Andy,
Our builder paid our asset protection bond as it has notting to do with us, it should be a liability from the builder as you have no control of what happens on your build site.
The Assesment panel now want another $150 after us paying the application fee of 375 because my builder forgot to hand in the energy rating reports.. so be carefull make sure your builder goes by that checklist you get in the guidelines otherwise they will ping ya everytime they forgot to give them what they want, luckely my builder paid that extra cost
thanks johno ,so you had to pay the $375 application fee as well. who is your builder ?
On monday I will try again to get this waived.
andy
thanks johno ,so you had to pay the $375 application fee as well. who is your builder ?

Yeah all i paid was the $375, builder paid the rest.
We are building with DFH
cheers for the heads up andy, the wife and i are looking to either do the somerton or nuovo facade.

zerosignal, have you had a look at the house in narre? if you have let me know how it looks...i like your design you created for yours, showed the wife earlier she's looking to do the same sort of thing (different colours of course)

andy, have you spoken to carlisle regarding the cost of changing the infil to brick? if so did they give you an estimate cost?

Zerosignal
andy
we are building the riverton30 with the somerton facade and recently checked out a home referred by warren with the somerton facade ,and found that the infil timber in the garage very average .
I know sanmark is going for the somerton facade and any one else building with carlisle who can offer their opinion do so.
the timber was of a standard grade with the knots and all ,it stood out like DB even after it was painted and didnt do the render any justice.
if i saw this earlier i would have asked for a brick infil

We are doing the Somerton facade as well - could you PM me the address I'd love to go see one in the flesh.

The other thing Re the infill, it was going to cost about $2k to get brick I believe - I have read elsewhere that it maybe possible to add cladding or render to the timber beam but I have not looked at this any further.
We did and it cost $1600 for the infill and render ,money well spent.
andy

Hey andy I am building with carlisle too and was wondering how you went with the asset protection and DAP costs - did you have to pay it?
unfortunately yes ! have they asked you to pay for it too? and how much .
andy
We did and it cost $1600 for the infill and render ,money well spent.

We did the same and are very glad we picked it up. As you said, money well spent. Our bricks got cleaned today and they look great
andy

Yeah we've got to pay it as well.

How did you organise the asset protection bond? Did you have to pay the Frankston Council or do carlisle do this? They haven't told me yet. I'm guessing DAP application fee we pay to carlisle?
sanmark1
andy

Yeah we've got to pay it as well.

How did you organise the asset protection bond? Did you have to pay the Frankston Council or do carlisle do this? They haven't told me yet. I'm guessing DAP application fee we pay to carlisle?

Hey sanmark, the asset protection bond is payable to the sandarra owners corp NOT frankston council.

As per pg 19 of the guidelines http://www.sandarra.com.au/assets/3477_sandarradesignguide_jan2010_web.pdf
On the checklist for the design submission.
Quote:
Item 8. Bank cheque for $1,500 made payable to Sandarra Owner’s Corporation for the asset protection bond
Related
15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

16/01/2024
Now It's 0.3mm Gap For Double Glazing. It beats all the rest

Windows & Doors

This is one of the reasons I decided to go overseas for my double glazed windows. As the builder indicated, he's worked on many upmarket builds, these were the most well…

3/02/2024
Cooker now power after boil over

Kitchen Appliances

get an electrician to check and repair before you kill yourself

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum