Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

build new home in Alamanda with Simonds

Page 3 of 3
I use Austral Brick RED GUM and render is paperbak... You can see some pics from my blog
Good Luck with your choice !
woodsey
The variations we had through out were from the color appointment because we signed the contract prior to that appointment cause we needed to cause land was about to settle! But we knew we went over because we upgraded a few things.

Hey Woodsey, I will be signing the contract before the colour appointment. I was wondering how long afterwards it took for them to book you in for the colour appointment?

I'm not building until November but I have noticed that they are very slow with the whole process!!
Helloween
woodsey
The variations we had through out were from the color appointment because we signed the contract prior to that appointment cause we needed to cause land was about to settle! But we knew we went over because we upgraded a few things.

Hey Woodsey, I will be signing the contract before the colour appointment. I was wondering how long afterwards it took for them to book you in for the colour appointment?

I'm not building until November but I have noticed that they are very slow with the whole process!!

We had the color appointment within four months, the contract we signed two weeks before, but that was at request of our bank, otherwise would have been color appointment first then contract!

Sometimes they need ALITTLE push, if you have problems l found our sales guy was very helpful at getting them to do things!
Yeah the sales people are great but the CSO are hopeless.

Thanks for the info.
We booked our colours last week. Earliest they had was a week day late August. If we wanted a weekend then it would have been some time in October.

As for eaves, we are getting 450mm eaves.
amyife
I'm still stuck in choosing brick color and rendering to go with...now I'm thinking of Austral Brick Red Gum and Chocolate, anyone has good advice for my double storey house or some pictures much appreciated

We ummed and ahhed about bricks for ages about bricks. Got list after list of places to drive past from Austral and drove ourselves batty with options - and we didn't even need to decide on render, I could just imagine the nightmare that would have been.

Anyway, we ended up with the Red Gum bricks and are really pleased with how they look. I'd be even more pleased if they'd just finish our bl**dy house and let me move in!!! (but that's another story).

BTW I would definitely suggest you get an independent inspection done if you're building with S!monds... I couldn't recommend it highly enough!! We are now on our third time of having bricks pulled out and replaced as a result of structural issues with our bricks picked up by our inspector.
hi pal, I'm really feel headache when come to choose the brick and render...In General, I think Red Gum should be fine, but how about rendering to go with it ? mine is double storey Parkside and have to be rendered 20% in accordance with Alamanda building code...
I booked color selection next week with my sales, any good advice ?
Related
4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

6/06/2024
New home build: Heat pump HWS instead of Rainwater tank

Building A New House

That's brilliant would appreciate if you have you can locate the other doc so I can use it with my discussion with the building surveyor

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum