Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Neigbour Objection - Update 23/4 DA Approved!!!!

Page 3 of 3
lizzy stardust
Hurray! Congratulations BADH. That's fantastic news. You're on your way!!

Thanks Lizzy! I'm totally beside myself really.
buildingadreamhome
Yes it's true!!! Our DA has been approved. I just logged onto our council website as I do about a hundred times a day and there it was APP BY DELEG!!! I nearly fell off the lounge. Admittedly I don't know what, if any conditions there are but still....it only took 39 days!! We were expecting at least 2 to 3 months.

Will get the gritty details tomorrow..... fingers crossed it's more in our rational favour than that of our irrational neighbours!!

Yahhhhoooo congrats
on getting you DA through. Neighbors hey who needs them. specially when they are cows. Grrrrrrrrr blow their letter box up.
great news BADH
roll on demolishers!!!
Congratulations!!!!
Thanks J&T, donuts and haywgl!

I spoke to council this morning and there is only 1 condition - that our privacy screen needs to be beefed up. Other than that NOTHING!!! No obscuring any kitchen windows/doors or the kids bedroom windows! I'm so excited it's crazy. The council officer said it would be unreasonable to obscure our downstairs windows!! What a legend!!! Woohoo! Got to love a council person who is reasonable!
buildingadreamhome
Yes it's true!!! Our DA has been approved. I just logged onto our council website as I do about a hundred times a day and there it was APP BY DELEG!!! I nearly fell off the lounge. Admittedly I don't know what, if any conditions there are but still....it only took 39 days!! We were expecting at least 2 to 3 months.

Will get the gritty details tomorrow..... fingers crossed it's more in our rational favour than that of our irrational neighbours!!

Great news and 39 days is good timing too! What Council are you with? sounds like Councils are getting faster and more reasonable lately, that's good news. Glad to hear that you didn't have to obscure any windows or anything like that.
Jochicho
buildingadreamhome

Great news and 39 days is good timing too! What Council are you with? sounds like Council's are getting faster and more reasonable lately, that's good news. Glad to hear that you didn't have to obscure any windows or anything like that.

Believe it or not it's Lane Cove. I think they are in the top 3 slowest! We were expecting about 3 months!!

Hopefully with the CDC processes coming in all those that still have to go through DA's like us will get through quicker with less work for the councils.
If I'm reading this correctly..... a council used some common sense in making their decision???

Sorry for the delay, was just picking myself up off the floor!

Congratulations! This was the best outcome, the fair outcome and the only sensible outcome!
Great news Badh, Nice to see the council using common sense and it good to see that unreasonable neighbours do not always win.
buildingadreamhome
Jochicho
buildingadreamhome

Great news and 39 days is good timing too! What Council are you with? sounds like Council's are getting faster and more reasonable lately, that's good news. Glad to hear that you didn't have to obscure any windows or anything like that.

Believe it or not it's Lane Cove. I think they are in the top 3 slowest! We were expecting about 3 months!!

Hopefully with the CDC processes coming in all those that still have to go through DA's like us will get through quicker with less work for the councils.

39 Days with Lane Cove Council! that's an awesome outcome, there's still some hope for us with Hornsby then!
Thanks everyone! It's nice to get so much support through all of this
Woah!! That's AWESOME news!!
Related
24/06/2023
Recommendation for Assistance on lodging objection

General Discussion

Hi, Appreciate any recommendations for town planners or advisors who can help assist to assess and draft an objection to a neighbour’s development in Northern Beaches.…

8/11/2023
Extending already approved patio

Renovation + Home Improvement

If your patio is going to be 35 sqm then that's going to need Council Approval. The fact that they previously approved your 25sqm patio will be irelevant

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum