Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My building progress

Page 3 of 3
Hey Kippers01, he told me that at the completion of my house I will receive a certificate from their supplier stating wheat batts have been installed.
If your SS won't provide suitable documentation right now then i suggest you contact the insulation supplier directly and ask them to address your concerns. Also document the issue in writing to your builder, including everything the SS has said to you. Protect yourself.
He just said that that is what he was told by his insulation supplier. I don't know who the supplier is but will ask next time I speak to him.
I have it all in writing via email.

I do wonder if the ecowool packaging is different between the various batt ratings as the ones marked R4.1 were the same length and thickness as the the ones marked R5.0. Also the prints on packages were exactly the same. The package from the manufacturer never stated the batt values, it was only on the print out sticker from the supplier.

I can't go and weigh the insulation now anyway as the plasterboards are now being installed.
kennyc if its important, you and your SS should still be able to access the ceiling cavity to check some of the the insulation bats against the suppliers specs - R4.1 vs R5. Maybe better to know now if there is an issue rather than after you have paid in full.
06-07-2022 | Insulation, plasterboards and bricks finished

kennyc
06-07-2022 | Insulation, plasterboards and bricks finished

Photos are looking great 👍 👌

We are at the same stage now.

Dud you guys go for the 25 home builders Grant? They have rejected us saying it took too long to start on site. We are fighting it.

you/your builder need to do something about that water ponding. the temp downpipes draining onto the ground instead of into the stormwater is not helping.
Hey AlexB yeah, I got the $25k grant. Was stressing with all the delays but got there in the end
Noname
you/your builder need to do something about that water ponding. the temp downpipes draining onto the ground instead of into the stormwater is not helping.

I did mention that to my SS when I met him onsite.
He said that the eves will be done shortly and he'll make sure the temp downpipes are connected again.
Other than that how else do you fix the pooling issue? I have no idea
kennyc
Hey AlexB yeah, I got the $25k grant. Was stressing with all the delays but got there in the end

Did they reject you or they approved it?

They are trying to tell me we didn't start in time even though we sent in evidence that we did
AlexB
kennyc

Did they reject you or they approved it?

They are trying to tell me we didn't start in time even though we sent in evidence that we did

They approved it. We started within the 18 months.
kennyc
Noname

I did mention that to my SS when I met him onsite.
He said that the eves will be done shortly and he'll make sure the temp downpipes are connected again.
Other than that how else do you fix the pooling issue? I have no idea

grading of the earth away away from the house.
12-07-2022 | Cabinetry Installed

Kitchen has been installed along with bathroom and laundry cabinets

Related
22/09/2023
Progress Payments - Flood rebuild

General Discussion

haha a draw? didnt realise we were battling!

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum