Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

HGWA - Madora Bay

Page 3 of 6
Just received email confirmation, our brickwork starts next Monday! (23.11.2020)
Then we meet our site supervisor James next Thursday for our brick meeting (26.11.2020)
:-D
J_RIDGEY98
Just received email confirmation, our brickwork starts next Monday! (23.11.2020)
Then we meet our site supervisor Nathan next Thursday for our brick meeting (26.11.2020)
:-D

Beauty! Hopefully your whole bricks process is faster than ours πŸ˜…πŸ€žπŸ‘
HGWA have just announced they will no longer be conducting brick and tile meetings with site supervisors - luckily as our brick meeting is already set we can still go ahead with it. We just wont have a tile meeting.

What normally goes on at these meetings?

"Recent stimulus packages have significantly increased the workload for all WA builders. To meet demand we need to make changes around how we manage our sites, contractors and clients and the interaction with our supervisors.
With immediate effect site meeting appointments will no longer be available for the Brick or Tile Meetings."
J_RIDGEY98
HGWA have just announced they will no longer be conducting brick and tile meetings with site supervisors - luckily as our brick meeting is already set we can still go ahead with it. We just wont have a tile meeting.

"Recent stimulus packages have significantly increased the workload for all WA builders. To meet demand we need to make changes around how we manage our sites, contractors and clients and the interaction with our supervisors.
With immediate effect site meeting appointments will no longer be available for the Brick or Tile Meetings."

Ah yeah, you're not missing much to be fair. Brick meeting is pretty much a waste of time, and the tile meeting is just a confirmation that they've got the correct tiles and grout etc etc, again, nothing of real note!
KodaCujo
J_RIDGEY98

Ah yeah, you're not missing much to be fair. Brick meeting is pretty much a waste of time, and the tile meeting is just a confirmation that they've got the correct tiles and grout etc etc, again, nothing of real note!

Ah right well thats a relief! I did think they would be very brief meetings. They changed our client liasion and site supervisor last minute as well
Drove past yesterday not expecting anything to have happened only to see weve got some walls going up! Was shocked as they said brickwork was commencing from tomorrow

J_RIDGEY98
Drove past yesterday not expecting anything to have happened only to see weve got some walls going up! Was shocked as they said brickwork was commencing from tomorrow

Beauty! You definitely don't have our two brickies. That would have took them a week to do πŸ˜…πŸ‘
KodaCujo
J_RIDGEY98

Beauty! You definitely don't have our two brickies. That would have took them a week to do πŸ˜…πŸ‘

Haha yeah! I am super shocked at just how much has been done already! Before I know it we will be at plate height

I think they're racing the build just behind us to the right, they must've started brickwork a day or 2 before us
Had our brick meeting with site supervisor James this morning, went really smooth.
Brickwork will be finished tomorrow and lockup will be done before Christmas.

Can't believe how fast these guys are moving!
Looking like we will be moved in by late April 2021

J_RIDGEY98
Had our brick meeting with site supervisor James this morning, went really smooth.

Hi J_Ridgey98

Looks like you are about ~2-3 weeks ahead of me which is giving me a great idea on timeline. You must be so excited to have it locked up for Christmas, that's a great milestone before the break!. Hope all went well with your meeting this morning - could I ask what was discussed? I have built before however it was with a new builder so most of the customary prestart, meetings and packs were never provided.

Good Luck with your build!
Sal_sa_by
J_RIDGEY98

Hi J_Ridgey98

Looks like you are about ~2-3 weeks ahead of me which is giving me a great idea on timeline. You must be so excited to have it locked up for Christmas, that's a great milestone before the break!. Hope all went well with your meeting this morning - could I ask what was discussed? I have built before however it was with a new builder so most of the customary prestart, meetings and packs were never provided.

Hi Sal_sa_by,.

Its great that I can give you a rough idea! The build behind us to the left started brickwork before ours but their brickwork wont be finished for another 2 weeks or so due to them only having 2 brickies. We have a team of 4-5 brickies so ours has gone up super quick.

I am deffinately stoked that lock up will be done before christmas!

Meeting went very well thank you, the site supervisor showed us the structure of our home and pointed out a few things that they have done which is just standard but some people question (like holes in the brickwork). He was basically explaining their processes and then he answered any questions we had 😁

If your building with HGWA also they are no longer doing these meetings, this is to free up the supervisors time with the influx of new builds
J_RIDGEY98
Sal_sa_by
J_RIDGEY98

Hi J_Ridgey98

Hi Sal_sa_by,.

Its great that I can give you a rough idea! The build behind us to the left started brickwork before ours but their brickwork wont be finished for another 2 weeks or so due to them only having 2 brickies. We have a team of 4-5 brickies so ours has gone up super quick.

I am deffinately stoked that lock up will be done before christmas!

Meeting went very well thank you, the site supervisor showed us the structure of our home and pointed out a few things that they have done which is just standard but some people question (like holes in the brickwork). He was basically explaining their processes and then he answered any questions we had 😁

If your building with HGWA also they are no longer doing these meetings, this is to free up the supervisors time with the influx of new builds

Awesome stuff. Glad you didn't have our team of two brickies who were against working full weeks and took 7 weeks to do our brickwork from start to finish! 🀯 Happy for you 😁 haha
Hoping they start the roof tomorrow, all the material has been delivered 🀞🏻🀞🏻

J_RIDGEY98

Wowee they're absolutely smashing it up!! You'll finish before us at this rate πŸ˜…
KodaCujo
J_RIDGEY98

Wowee they're absolutely smashing it up!! You'll finish before us at this rate πŸ˜…

Haha, currently tracking for late April finish - wish it was sooner for sure!
You guys still tracking for late Jan handover?
J_RIDGEY98
KodaCujo
J_RIDGEY98

Yeah end of Jan we've been told. Just went past before and the air con is going in today β„οΈπŸ‘ not heaps left to do, just flooring, painting, solar, garage doors and paving. Wish they went block style and had 137492 trades there at once to smash it out πŸ˜…
KodaCujo
J_RIDGEY98
KodaCujo

Yeah end of Jan we've been told. Just went past before and the air con is going in today β„οΈπŸ‘ not heaps left to do, just flooring, painting, solar, garage doors and paving. Wish they went block style and had 137492 trades there at once to smash it out πŸ˜…

So close!
Haha yeah I totally agree with you
wish ours could be done sooner!
Roof is going up! Loving this progress
Can see my pup peaking out the back window πŸ˜‚

We received a schedule yesterday which is awesome!
Will see how much they stick to it

Week commencing 7/11/2020:

Week commencing 14/11/2020:

Week commencing 4/1/2021:

Week commencing 18/1/2021:

Week commencing 25/1/2021:
Just a small update - the builders seem to be on schedule with everything apart from the render to the front of the house but that’s okay!

Had an external building inspector check over the house Monday 4th January and the report came back with nothing major so very positive outcome.

Checked the house yesterday and they have put our windows and doors in 😌

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum