Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 200 of 862
Congrats TBB!! It's a great feeling isn't it? Does it feel big?

Our framers were working today. Had a chat to one of the guys on-site who spoke very highly of PD as being very quality driven. They are constructing everything by hand which is great, aside from the roof trusses (of course). Reckons they'll be done by Tuesday, so will go through on Monday evening to mark up where the extra noggins are to go. So far, they've basically built all the external walls and a fair number of the internal walls too.

Very happy about how things are progressing!!
Blog updated with last week's work and plenty of pics!
thebigbuild
We have a slab! Pics on the blog.

Pip so exciting
have the kids been running around on it over the weekend??
I assume you're due for frames by Chrissie too? Is your SS an "A" name? So many questions from me

Rups
Blog updated with last week's work and plenty of pics!

Rups & Leanne, rapt to see you've found a brick! Fingers crossed it's all sorted now
Your frames look great, really pushing along now!

Can't wait for our slab pour tomorrow. Went to the display house again today just to try and remember some of the details. Hasn't changed since last time
We got a little surprise today. The base render coat is on.
I think I've almost finished unpacking boxes, except for the study but that can wait

Most rooms need a lot of work so I'm not unveiling them yet, but here is the kitchen, just need some stools!
Your kitchen is gorgeous!! You must be loving being in, more pics when you're ready please
Thanks!! I promise more pics as soon as rooms are done!
Nice one!

I am off to perth this week for work.. should be a interesting week on the house, pretty much will be complete by friday! We have PCI wednesday week!
thebigbuild
We have a slab! Pics on the blog.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

That means your only 3.5 weeks behind me and I have my roof on

I'm so excited for you!!
Photo update on my blog...

Trusses from last week and Roof on this week

http://www.ourwallanhome.blogspot.com/
Audreyand Oscar

Hi Audreyand Oscar,

Wow, your pictures are great – those lights are very effective. Hope the move went ok! I’m with JLD, can’t wait to see some more pictures. Cheers, Ebony
Cattycat, It's looking good!!

Well good and bad for us today. Slab down which is exciting, will update my thread with photos once the boys have left the site

Got a call from our BC today saying that the 4 door aluminium stacker isn't an option as their supplier doesn't do 4 doors....don't understand how we've got to this stage before this was told to us considering they had to get a quote for it in the first place. Not happy as the 3 door stackers leaves too much like a window which isn't the look we wanted. Didn't want to go Bi-fold as we wanted flyscreens but I've had a look on the suppliers website and they have a timber bifold that comes with a screen. Have asked for cost to change but not 100% happy as we didn't want the maintenance of timber. I've also suggested the cost should be minus any variation costs as we have a contract for a 4 panel stacker.....fingers crossed we can come to a compromise.
That looks amazing Belinda, you must be really happy.
How are you enjoying being in?

Our external frame went up today and a couple of internals. We met our SS this morning who seems great. Going to go back with the camera in an hour. It is so exciting, some of the windows are going to be big.
Rups
That looks amazing Belinda, you must be really happy.
How are you enjoying being in?

Our external frame went up today and a couple of internals. We met our SS this morning who seems great. Going to go back with the camera in an hour. It is so exciting, some of the windows are going to be big.

Nice one!
Woo hoo all of us moving along. Im so excited to come an see my PD build pals here
Im going to check all of your updates now. Guess what, my frames are all laid out; a single pic on the blog that DH just emailed me on his way home. Might just wet my pants

Gosh that kitchen is stunning, the lights are really effective. Makes me think extra hard about the lights we are planning. Thanks for sharing.
Wow pip, its coming along so quickly. It is so amazing. We were there this morning when the first piece of frame was put up. It was thrilling to watch. I couldn't get the camera out of the boot quick enough, I got a pic of the second piece though.
Thanks bigbuild!! I bought those lights before I picked anything else for the house!! They cost a bomb but the effect is well worth it I think
Audreyand Oscar- those lights are amazing! Where did you get them??

Awesome news Rups! They will be done with the framing probably tomorrow and the roof trusses maybe Wednesday or Thursday. We got our invoice the morning they completed our roof which i think was a cheeky seeing that they hadnt finished offically. lol

@ the big build how exciting! You are plugging along just like Rups and will be done with the frame before you know it!
Met our SS today and he advised that our frame is being inspected tomorrow and the gutters and safety rails go on Thursday and then roof tiles and wiring/plumbing inside/outside on Friday or Monday - cant remember what he said. lol

Also met one of our neighbours today -they just bought the lot behind us today! They seem really nice so have a little girl that could be end up being friends with our daughter. It's so funny how the smallest things make you happy.

Cant wait to see the house by the end of this week and next week!
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum