Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 198 of 862
Audreyand Oscar
I'm moving in today! Just waiting for the removalists now!

Has anyone who has done their fences also got a side gate? My fence guy wants $425 for a gate and I have no idea if that is reasonable or not?

Yay!

I have carpet going in today.. not a lot left now!
Carpet went in yesterday, windows got services, expansion joints were caulked, Telstra phone line was installed, splashback was fitted and tiler was there fixing some tiles I. All in one day

Today final coat of render is being painted and plasterers are back to do touch ups. PCI is booked for this coming Monday.
Audreyand Oscar

Has anyone who has done their fences also got a side gate? My fence guy wants $425 for a gate and I have no idea if that is reasonable or not?

Hi Audreyand Oscar,

Congratulations! How exciting for you. Good luck with the move, hope it all goes well.
Cheers, Ebony
tstr1a
Carpet went in yesterday, windows got services, expansion joints were caulked, Telstra phone line was installed, splashback was fitted and tiler was there fixing some tiles I. All in one day

Today final coat of render is being painted and plasterers are back to do touch ups. PCI is booked for this coming Monday.

Wowsers.. cutting it fine. My PCI is still 2 weeks away (today) and for the most part its done. Mirrors/Shower Screens and the break/fix stuff to be completed.

My biggest issue is my wonky window (which I am unsure if the SS has realised)
Thanks all! I want to hurry and just get there, watching three men pack the truck and getting very excited now
Audreyand Oscar
Thanks all! I want to hurry and just get there, watching three men pack the truck and getting very excited now

best of luck, the house looks fab.
JLD
Team PD
Hi HomeOne!

Over the past year we’ve heard you discuss how difficult and frustrating it can be for you to not have access to prices during your colour selections at Hopetoun Interiors. We value your feedback immensely and we are pleased to announce that we will be now able to provide pricing during colour selections! It has been an enormous undertaking, with the team at Hopetoun Interiors cross checking the detail and pricing of over 40,000 individual items in order to provide you with pricing, but we hope it will assist you in your selection and was worth the wait. This means you can be reassured all your design choices and upgrades will fit within your budget, making the selection process a whole lot easier and more enjoyable.

For further details about these changes please check out our blog post - http://blog.porterdavis.com.au/index.ph ... ur-budget/

Ebony

Ebony this is great, are you able to confirm if the weekend staff will have access to this?

Hi JLD,

Thanks for your question! Unfortunately, no pricing is available on the weekends at Hopetoun. Weekends are focused on appointment preparation and we aim to familiarise clients with their selection ranges first rather than pricing.

For clients new to the building process or Porter Davis, we understand the selection stage can be quite overwhelming and don't want to offer too much information during the preparation stage.

Consultants who meet with clients on weekdays are more aware of pricing availabilities and will address this with clients during the decision making stages at their selection appointment. For those clients privy to a tender appointment before Colours, pricing can also be obtained to cover off big ticket items such as floor coverings, cabinetry or door upgrades.

Hope this helps, thanks Ebony
Team PD
JLD
Team PD
Hi HomeOne!

Over the past year we’ve heard you discuss how difficult and frustrating it can be for you to not have access to prices during your colour selections at Hopetoun Interiors. We value your feedback immensely and we are pleased to announce that we will be now able to provide pricing during colour selections! It has been an enormous undertaking, with the team at Hopetoun Interiors cross checking the detail and pricing of over 40,000 individual items in order to provide you with pricing, but we hope it will assist you in your selection and was worth the wait. This means you can be reassured all your design choices and upgrades will fit within your budget, making the selection process a whole lot easier and more enjoyable.

For further details about these changes please check out our blog post - http://blog.porterdavis.com.au/index.ph ... ur-budget/

Ebony

Ebony this is great, are you able to confirm if the weekend staff will have access to this?

Hi JLD,

Thanks for your question! Unfortunately, no pricing is available on the weekends at Hopetoun. Weekends are focused on appointment preparation and we aim to familiarise clients with their selection ranges first rather than pricing.

For clients new to the building process or Porter Davis, we understand the selection stage can be quite overwhelming and don't want to offer too much information during the preparation stage.

Consultants who meet with clients on weekdays are more aware of pricing availabilities and will address this with clients during the decision making stages at their selection appointment. For those clients privy to a tender appointment before Colours, pricing can also be obtained to cover off big ticket items such as floor coverings, cabinetry or door upgrades.

Hope this helps, thanks Ebony

Hi Ebony,

That actually doesnt make sense.. I would assume there is a handout?
Humble, when we did our colours they'd just started showing some of the prices at Hopetoun and basically on the printout of your selection document they show prices for your selections. It wasn't ready though for us and so it was only some.

Ebony, where people get frustrated is not knowing how much things are before colours so that they can go in with an idea and not blow budget. I get that doesn't help with the upselling or with the fact that some things are based on your specific floorplan and size etc. National Tiles do it well, they will give you a guide of how much it's going to cost so you can make an educated choice at selection time. Personally I think it's great that you've solved part of the puzzle but still a long way to go. It's like shopping at Myer and only finding out how much it's going to cost once you're at the til. Weird.
humble
Audreyand Oscar

Yay!

I have carpet going in today.. not a lot left now!

tstr1a

Lot's happening today! Very exciting AudreyandOscar, look forward to some pics.....actually off to stalk blogs and threads to see pics from all three of you

I drove past our place this morning and they were laying out framework and by lunchtime the waffle pods were being delivered and being laid out....will get photos tonight, feel weird staring at them working and they stare at me staring
tstr1a

Love your house!

Is it still the same SS?
JLD
Humble, when we did our colours they'd just started showing some of the prices at Hopetoun and basically on the printout of your selection document they show prices for your selections. It wasn't ready though for us and so it was only some.

Ebony, where people get frustrated is not knowing how much things are before colours so that they can go in with an idea and not blow budget. I get that doesn't help with the upselling or with the fact that some things are based on your specific floorplan and size etc. National Tiles do it well, they will give you a guide of how much it's going to cost so you can make an educated choice at selection time. Personally I think it's great that you've solved part of the puzzle but still a long way to go. It's like shopping at Myer and only finding out how much it's going to cost once you're at the til. Weird.

henley homes do it well, they have a pricing booklet specific to a floor plan and that is want is given to customers
building1
tstr1a

Love your house!

Is it still the same SS?

Thanks builing1... same SS, I couldn't have asked for a better SS.

How is your house going, it's been a while since handover?
Argh!
Our old BC is STILL haunting us!
Just had a phone call stating that we have received a $6000 discount twice. It was supposed to be off the land, which we were given by the land developer, but then our BC or whoever wrote our contract has put it in our building contract too. I did mention this to our old BC in an email where I asked for clarification on how they came to the base house price.
So now we have to have ANOTHER PCV adding on more money, that of course can't be added into the loan as we have already applied. This is on top of the PCV that added another $1000 or so to the smart wiring as they had that wrong originally too.
It's so frustrating!! We have the money for this, but were hoping to use this money to pay for driveway/fencing/furniture etc ARGH
tstr1a
building1
tstr1a

Love your house!

Is it still the same SS?

Thanks builing1... same SS, I couldn't have asked for a better SS.

How is your house going, it's been a while since handover?

Things are great, a few little things but nothing too big at the 3 month maintenance, we do have a bit of hairline cracking in the garage floor but talking to a few neighbours (not with the same builder) it's a pretty standard occurence.
Overall, we love our house! Don't think we would have been as happy with any other builder or SS, he is great at what he does.
Here is our place done for Christmas LOL

You'll have to post some more pics, love your colours and selections, I had a stalk of your blog
Wow, everything is happening for everyone. People are moving in, carpet is being laid. Sorry to hear about your dilema Waterman $6k is alot to give after you've worked out your finances.

Just got a call from our Administrator and PCI is booked for 10th Jan and Handover for 24th Jan.
Looking good Building1. Enjoy christmas and the new year in your new home.
Building1 your house is looking fabulous.

Can’t believe that we have the same SS and we both rate him highly. He is defiantly good at his job and I’ve heard that he is one of the best SS at PD. I guess we are lucky to have him build our houses.
Wateman
Argh!
Just had a phone call stating that we have received a $6000 discount twice. It was supposed to be off the land, which we were given by the land developer, but then our BC or whoever wrote our contract has put it in our building contract too. I did mention this to our old BC in an email where I asked for clarification on how they came to the base house price.
So now we have to have ANOTHER PCV adding on more money, that of course can't be added into the loan as we have already applied. This is on top of the PCV that added another $1000 or so to the smart wiring as they had that wrong originally too.
It's so frustrating!! We have the money for this, but were hoping to use this money to pay for driveway/fencing/furniture etc ARGH

Waterman,

If they have signed the contract with the 6K saving - they have to honour it. I would play hardball with them... This would be like saying the base price has changed since the contract was signed and you need to just live with it - not good enough.
If I was in your position I would not accept this and tell them that they need to honour the contract.

My 2 cents anyway
Alpal
Wateman
Argh!

Waterman,

If they have signed the contract with the 6K saving - they have to honour it. I would play hardball with them... This would be like saying the base price has changed since the contract was signed and you need to just live with it - not good enough.
If I was in your position I would not accept this and tell them that they need to honour the contract.

My 2 cents anyway

i would play the same card as well..
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum