Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Charlibear's Build -Finally in!

Page 197 of 230
charlibear
Melt23
Everything looks beautiful Charli! I love all your colour selections, they go really well together. Am kicking myself for not going with a similar bathroom cupboard laminate- I picked one similar originally and my mum sat there shaking her head so I chickened out and went for a light grey that has been giving me anxiety ever since haha. Yours looks great, and the tiles are perfect!

I've been second guessing thinking oh my god what did I choose lol, wishing I went white or something light so glad I stuck too it. What did you choose? Ours is lustrous elm

It really does look nice! I originally chose a greyish darkish wood pattern type laminate but ended up choosing 'moss grey' which I think is gonna be ugly. Lol

I love it all!! The feature niche tile in the shower really pops! Yay!!

Building our forever home!
charlibear
You need a medal too!!

Do you have a thread I can follow?

Wow, love the tiles, and I saw your kitchen splash back tiles ages ago when I first read your thread and loved them, wasn't so sure when you had the pic zoomed out but you got them at a different angel in the laundry picture and they are amazing! The way the different surfaces sparkle is just beautiful.

I don't have a thread but am thinking it's about time I make one, so I'm off to do that after this reply! You'll be able to find it with my name because it's the only thread I would have started
Love those tiles Charli... makes me happy we are going dark too!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Fabulous!!!
DD I love your tiles!!! Your basins are huge XDD I'm jealous. It looks so good. Can't wait to see it all painted.
D

Love your white kitchen!!

And your externals..ahh!! Its finally coming together.. you must be so relieved!!
All looks amazing! I think my fave are your laundry splashback tiles! How amazing are they?!?!

I'm so jealous of your floor to ceiling tiles in the ensuite - I would have loved to do that.

Did you end up picking at colour for your blinds - and also who did you go with? We need to look into blinds for post handover but don't know where to start.

Not long now!!!!
Loving the bathroom cabinets - well I have to say that as we have the same
Looking amazing, so glad to see things are moving along for you now
Wow wow wow!!! I can't believe this is finally happening for you! The tiles are to die for! It makes me so happy to hear you're happy!!!

Wow! The tiles look amazing!! I'm really glad, because I have charcoal floor tiles and almost black wall tiles in my bathroom and I have been second guessing it for a few weeks. If they look half as good as yours I'll be happy!!
Your splashback tiles are divine!

Wow CB so happy you are close to the finish line even if it's been adjusted slightly
your choices are beautiful stay strong yr nearly there & I can't wait to see yr moved in pics

So bloody close, I am so happy for you. Make sure your wine glasses are ready

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke 31 weeks and WE ARE IN
Looking amazing CB! Not long now! Woo hoo!

Building the Denver 29 with Metricon

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Melt23
charlibear
Melt23
Everything looks beautiful Charli! I love all your colour selections, they go really well together. Am kicking myself for not going with a similar bathroom cupboard laminate- I picked one similar originally and my mum sat there shaking her head so I chickened out and went for a light grey that has been giving me anxiety ever since haha. Yours looks great, and the tiles are perfect!

I've been second guessing thinking oh my god what did I choose lol, wishing I went white or something light so glad I stuck too it. What did you choose? Ours is lustrous elm

It really does look nice! I originally chose a greyish darkish wood pattern type laminate but ended up choosing 'moss grey' which I think is gonna be ugly. Lol

I googles moss grey it's quite nice, looks like a hamptons grey
1sttimer_stoneridge
I love it all!! The feature niche tile in the shower really pops! Yay!!

Building our forever home!

The feature tile is what I was freaking out about, I was like why did I choose something that doesn't even suit, should have gone with white
but now it's in I really really love it... can't wait to see the ensuite finished
aphsta
charlibear
You need a medal too!!

Do you have a thread I can follow?

Wow, love the tiles, and I saw your kitchen splash back tiles ages ago when I first read your thread and loved them, wasn't so sure when you had the pic zoomed out but you got them at a different angel in the laundry picture and they are amazing! The way the different surfaces sparkle is just beautiful.

I don't have a thread but am thinking it's about time I make one, so I'm off to do that after this reply! You'll be able to find it with my name because it's the only thread I would have started

I was always unsure of our kitchen and laundry splash back, I wanted infinity tiles but hubby refused to pay the price so I had to find something else, I'm quite happy with this

I found your thread, love the story that you have!! I've subscribed... can't wait to follow your building journey
Bridgetwitch
Love those tiles Charli... makes me happy we are going dark too!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

Thank BW, it's such a bold move going dark isn't it? But I'm glad I stuck with it after second guessing myself for the past year
🤦🏻‍♀️ you won't regret it
aloenyx
Fabulous!!!
DD I love your tiles!!! Your basins are huge XDD I'm jealous. It looks so good. Can't wait to see it all painted.
D

Love your white kitchen!!

And your externals..ahh!! Its finally coming together.. you must be so relieved!!

Thanks Dawn, finally feels like a weight is lifted seeing them

I didn't realise how big the basins were, they were only a small upgrade cost so happy with them!

I can't wait for paint either, I think painting is starting on 14th... well my progress report on Friday said painting starts next Monday so not sure if that means Monday tomorrow or the following Monday but I'm just going with the following Monday the 14th
RachM
All looks amazing! I think my fave are your laundry splashback tiles! How amazing are they?!?!

I'm so jealous of your floor to ceiling tiles in the ensuite - I would have loved to do that.

Did you end up picking at colour for your blinds - and also who did you go with? We need to look into blinds for post handover but don't know where to start.

Not long now!!!!

I am so happy with everything after what feels like an eternity I love them.

We didn't originally floor to ceiling tiling but I snuck it in without hubby knowing for not much more and so so glad I did

We ended up going with hubby's choice, I just let that one go...
em-n-craig
Loving the bathroom cabinets - well I have to say that as we have the same
Looking amazing, so glad to see things are moving along for you now

Yes once I saw yours I knew I made a great choice!!

Hope they keep moving at lightning speed. When I went out yesterday the tiler was there working at 2pm on a Saturday
he said he is getting a big push to finish so hopefully we stick to the new handover date
MrsJM
Wow wow wow!!! I can't believe this is finally happening for you! The tiles are to die for! It makes me so happy to hear you're happy!!!

Thanks Mrs!! I know feels a bit surreal to be honest!!

Wow that's the biggest compliment coming from you
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum