Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 196 of 862
Wateman
Speaking of taps... We have a tap!

Nice one!! Strangely exciting, isn't it?
Haven't been around for a few months, and there are some pretty houses going up
Fair few of these were only just starting or in planning phases then lol.

Eli-Kay, we had a lot of silver sheens in our old front yard which was starting to go hedgish before we sold. Loved them. Our estate gives free landscaping, so we're getting them to run them down both sides of our house to make a fence (Can't have any out front here) Looking forward to them going in
Twiggy

Eli-Kay, we had a lot of silver sheens in our old front yard which was starting to go hedgish before we sold. Loved them. Our estate gives free landscaping, so we're getting them to run them down both sides of our house to make a fence (Can't have any out front here) Looking forward to them going in

How is the house going?
Moved in two months ago now

Our curtains went in a week ago and the carpet went in a few weeks before that. Feels so much more homely now. We're still waiting on one fence to get finished though (Should of been done about a month ago). It's stopping us from bringing the dogs over though, so that's very annoying to say the least!

Landscapers start at the end of this week for the front yard, so it will feel completed when that's done. Will still havet o do the backyard, but we can chip away at that
Nice.. I cant wait to move.. so over this rental now.. I am really looking forward to getting stuck into the backyard
Twiggy
Moved in two months ago now

Our curtains went in a week ago and the carpet went in a few weeks before that. Feels so much more homely now. We're still waiting on one fence to get finished though (Should of been done about a month ago). It's stopping us from bringing the dogs over though, so that's very annoying to say the least!

Landscapers start at the end of this week for the front yard, so it will feel completed when that's done. Will still havet o do the backyard, but we can chip away at that

Hi Twiggy,

That’s great news to hear that your house is becoming more homely. Do you have any pictures to share, I’d love to see some. Cheers, Ebony
Wateman
We signed off on our final plans today, unfortunately missed being handed over to site due to the bank being slow but should happen next Friday. They are planning on getting the slab done before the Xmas break.
Our new BC is incredibly organized, such a massive improvement over our last one.

Hi Wateman,

I’m so delighted to hear that things are now working out for you, and even more pleased to hear that you’re happy with your new BC. Congrats on the tap
Cheers, Ebony
Twiggy

Hi Twiggy, Wow that's great you get free landscaping, unfortunately we don't have that option in our estate. Would love it if you could post some pics of your house (internal and external).

All the best.
I've updated my blog wih more pics
Wow Tstr1a your place is really nearly done
It looks great and I love the terrace with the Waldorf, we nearly chose it ourselves so I'm very jealous

I'm keen to wallpaper some feature walls as well but will try and rope my Uncle into installing to save some $.

Wateman, Congrats on the tap....the little things that show all the effort of the last months are the most exciting

As for us, drove past 3 times today just because I can
and they laid our pipes today, still trying to figure out which pipe is which but I figure the 7 men on site couldn't all muck it up
JLD
It looks great and I love the terrace with the Waldorf, we nearly chose it ourselves so I'm very jealous

I'm keen to wallpaper some feature walls as well but will try and rope my Uncle into installing to save some $.

Wateman, Congrats on the tap....the little things that show all the effort of the last months are the most exciting

and they laid our pipes today, still trying to figure out which pipe is which but I figure the 7 men on site couldn't all muck it up

Thanks JLD,

best of luck with ur build as well. Do u think a frame will be up before xmas?
tstr1a
JLD

Thanks JLD,

best of luck with ur build as well. Do u think a frame will be up before xmas?

Thanks
Nope I don't think we'll have frames as our slab pour is the 19th, gives it a chances to dry so no drama. We always knew they'd stop for Christmas so not worried at which point that is.
tstr1a

Hi tstr1a,

I love your blog post! I’m glad you’ve been able to settle your worries about carpet, and it’s funny you’ve mentioned about pricing at Hopetoun, there is a changing coming soon – watch this space! Good luck with your search for wall paper.
Cheers, Ebony
Team PD
tstr1a

Hi tstr1a,

I love your blog post! I’m glad you’ve been able to settle your worries about carpet, and it’s funny you’ve mentioned about pricing at Hopetoun, there is a changing coming soon – watch this space! Good luck with your search for wall paper.
Cheers, Ebony

That’s good news about changes Ebony. Customers enter in to a building contract with mixed emotions and fear of the unknown, transparent prices will help customers work out their budgets and BC’s won’t spend half their time answering pricing queries.
Team PD
tstr1a

Hi tstr1a,

Cheers, Ebony

Ebony, if there is one thing that can be fixed its the process of picking stuff @ hopetoun, while we all understand that prices change, it needs to be clear what the price is. The floorplans are standard things, just give everyone the pricelist as of x date for the floorplan they have chosen.

The BC people must hate the tender/contract process, as one can only assume this is where the debates occur.

Meeting SS onsite on Friday, we should have carpet on Thursday.
Slab has been poured...!!!

Can't wait to go and see it tonight!!

Clock's ticking for the invoice to land
Rups

$10 its in the letterbox today.
Rups

u will b framed by xmas... I know it..

Expected ur invoice soon
[quote="Rups"]Slab has been poured...!!!

Clock's ticking for the invoice to land[/quote

Nothing happening at our place today but I did go and stalk the other Cayman being built around the corner from us and they've had site scrape but nothing else. I would have thought we'd have things done at the same time seeing as we're building the same house with the same SS and start time.
JLD
Nothing happening at our place today but I did go and stalk the other Cayman being built around the corner from us and they've had site scrape but nothing else. I would have thought we'd have things done at the same time seeing as we're building the same house with the same SS and start time.

JLD,

They will not do them both at the same stage as they can not utilise the same tradies at the same time. Having said that it makes you wonder though as our build the tradies have not been there an entire day, just half days here and there.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum