Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

HGWA in Calleya Estate

Page 20 of 23
Spoke to the bank today. Valuation is done and received by bank. Final payment scheduled for tomorrow. Will pick up bank cheque in the afternoon. Hopefully pick up keys on Thursday!
Mrsxtro01
Spoke to the bank today. Valuation is done and received by bank. Final payment scheduled for tomorrow. Will pick up bank cheque in the afternoon. Hopefully pick up keys on Thursday!
well done!

Got the cheque and handover is booked for Friday @ 10am!
Hallelujah!
Mrsxtro01
Got the cheque and handover is booked for Friday @ 10am!
Hallelujah!
. Congratulations on getting to the finish line! Feeling a little disappointed. The bank has not booked the valuation yet. It will be 3-5 days then another 2 days for processing followed by 48,hours for release of funds. By then the builder has shut down until January 3rd.

Ring the bank yourself and tell them you need it done by Friday. Then ring them the next day to make sure it is booked. Then ring the day of the inspection to ensure they've received the report and have released the funds. Ask for the payment to be in cheque form, pick up from local branch.
That's what I did and it certainly made a difference. I sent the invoice on 08/12, rang later the same day to make sure they had it. Rang on 11/12 to see if inspection had been booked, was done 12/12. Rang that same afternoon to make sure they'd received the report and were actioning the payment. Rang today to ensure cheque would be available for collection at local branch, email was sent immediately to branch and then I collected it straight away.
Pester them till it is done. Make sure they are aware there is a very definite timeline. Tell them you must have the cheque by the 19th December.
Good luck!
I agree with the above, exact same process for me. At the start it was going to take days but I kept calling and calling until it all got done in about 3 days.

Honestly, remind them who the customer is and take no excuses, especially not the ''oh it takes 2 days to process'' or the classic ""2 days to release funds'' They can release funds immediately but prefer to hold it for 2 days while they charge you interest.
Mrsxtro01
Ring the bank yourself and tell them you need it done by Friday. Then ring them the next day to make sure it is booked. Then ring the day of the inspection to ensure they've received the report and have released the funds. Ask for the payment to be in cheque form, pick up from local branch.
That's what I did and it certainly made a difference.
Pester them till it is done.
i have rung and my broker has tried every reason why they should release them but to know avail. My consultant at Redink said if I get the cheque on Friday she will come in to give me my keys.

So annoying! Keep ringing though. Keep pushing them.
We are with the ANZ and they have been very good.
It is with great delight that I show off my new possessions...
Nice early xmas present.
Congratulations, enjoy your beautiful new home
Mrsxtro01
Congratulations!

Hooray! Congratulations!
Madora Dreamer
Mrsxtro01

Congratulations!

Any sign of yours, Madora Dreamer??
I did the final inspection with the SS. It doesn’t appear that the bank will play ball. Looks like it will be after the 3rd January now, unless by some miracle they do the valuation on Monday or Tuesday.

Madora Dreamer
I did the final inspection with the SS. It doesn’t appear that the bank will play ball. Looks like it will be after the 3rd January now, unless by some miracle they do the valuation on Monday or Tuesday.

That really sucks!
You're not being too nice, are you??
Some whip cracking may be in order!
Mrsxtro01
Madora Dreamer

That really sucks!
You're not being too nice, are you??
Some whip cracking may be in order!
Ti be honest I’m too tired to care right now. 2 days ago we were told to shift out of our office so have spent 2 days packing and shifting stuff here and I am just over it all!

Ugh, more packing and shifting!
Poor you.
I wish you a wonderful Christmas regardless of whether you are in your new home or not.
Although I am super happy we've got our keys, I wish we'd ended up having a tie with you in the race to completion!
Is your fence up Mrsxtro01? I made a complaint to Stockland today
All the very best to you too! On a positive my gates were going in today, at least all my fencing is completed.

Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum