Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Clarendon Madison 37 in The Grove

Page 20 of 20
deejay08
Lee we have a similar experience with the step/fill issue! We now have a massive step off our alfresco and laundry that in our plan is level with the ground!? They also excavated into the back neighbours land by about a metre and not only is he cranky but now we need to retain it as it is so deep and created a massive hole! Why they would excavate so far from the house footprint seems weird to us. But not being knowledgable in this sort of stuff and first time builders you feel kind of railroaded. Seems that taking responsibility for it and other mistakes is an on going battle. I totally know what it feels like to be made to feel stupid/annoying when things that were stipulated in the tender and plans aren't done accordingly or completely missed altogether. It's so frustrating! Makes you wonder if it's your home sometimes not to mention the amount of money we've spent to have the things and finish we want. I've never once wanted anything more other than I've paid/stipulated for so why they make you feel that way is beyond me! The dryer noggin it's such a simple thing! I don't feel comfortable hanging it without it. What if it falls off! I may have to put mine in the garage but we don't have windows in there for ventilation. I'm going to have a proper read of your thread!

Sorry to hear you're having issues too with the site cut! Cutting into your neighbour's yard is not cool. I hope your builder is paying to rectify it!

My husband said there is something you can get to reinforce the wall for the dryer. It was just easier and more efficient for Clarendon to do it at build stage. I'll let you know what the solution is and post pics for you once hubby installs the dryer because I don't have a clue what he is talking about

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82062

Madison 37 - site start 16.2.16
HGMbuild
Love your house, it just looks like a home! Really love your daughter's room- just adorable!

As for the defects, I really hope they get to them quicker rather than later.
I still have issues with mine, but waiting for SS to come back from holidays tomorrow before I start demanding things are rectified

Thanks
it's all starting to come together. My daughter's room is my favorite room. I haven't painted ours yet
if only my daughter would sleep in her room

UPDATE!

So our stairs started to get stained yesterday. The floor colour is difficult to match, so we will see what I end up with! 3 days of staining and then 2 days of painting.

Surprise of my life yesterday when my SS called to say he wants to come to the house and go through my inspector's report!
and then the electrician calls to say they will fix the downlights that aren't in line!

Clarendon came back and took some soil from our back yard and filled the front yard. Plus all the concreting around the outside where bricks were overhanging have been fixed.

Amazing what happens when the first line of your inspector's report says "I have recommended my clients take legal action"....

Our intercom has also been moved. Not where we had originally asked for it on the plan, but better than in the middle of the wall. Love the gyprock being spoiled though...

Landscapers are MIA and concretor has injured his back so no idea when we can get started on that aspect.

I'm thinking I may need a retaining wall out the front now.

leeleh
UPDATE!

So our stairs started to get stained yesterday. The floor colour is difficult to match, so we will see what I end up with! 3 days of staining and then 2 days of painting.

Surprise of my life yesterday when my SS called to say he wants to come to the house and go through my inspector's report!
and then the electrician calls to say they will fix the downlights that aren't in line!

Clarendon came back and took some soil from our back yard and filled the front yard. Plus all the concreting around the outside where bricks were overhanging have been fixed.

Amazing what happens when the first line of your inspector's report says "I have recommended my clients take legal action"....

Our intercom has also been moved. Not where we had originally asked for it on the plan, but better than in the middle of the wall. Love the gyprock being spoiled though...

Landscapers are MIA and concretor has injured his back so no idea when we can get started on that aspect.

I'm thinking I may need a retaining wall out the front now.

That's fantastic Leeleh!
Love the line about legal action lol it's amazing what it can achieve

So glad they are fixing the defects so quickly too, how about some more internal pics?

any update:)
franknewhome

We have our SS coming out tomorrow to go through the inspector's report. I hope there are solutions! Everyday we notice little things but overall its great to have our own house again

The stairs took 7 days of trades visits but I'm really happy with them

Wow!!! Absolutely gorgeous! The colours are perfect! And I just noticed your skirting- how beautiful! I haven't seen that one before!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
leeleh
franknewhome

We have our SS coming out tomorrow to go through the inspector's report. I hope there are solutions! Everyday we notice little things but overall its great to have our own house again

I looooove your stairs! They turned out so beautiful what a feature!!!!!

HGMbuild
leeleh
franknewhome

I looooove your stairs! They turned out so beautiful what a feature!!!!!

Stairs look gorgeous ❤️

Stairs are looking great. ..nice house Leeleh. ...

Thanks everyone

Our SS came out yesterday to go through the lengthy inspection report. Happy to say most things will be fixed. SS did try and blame us for the discolouration on the side of the laundry cabinet which looks like it's been splashed with bleach which I don't even keep in my house! He also doesn't intend on fixing the window expansion gaps (well lack of them), saying they're not an issue. My inspector thought otherwise

Landscaper finally got back to me last night so hopefully we can get a wriggle on soon! Concretor for driveway is only just back after a back injury and has a back log of work

MrsJM
Wow!!! Absolutely gorgeous! The colours are perfect! And I just noticed your skirting- how beautiful! I haven't seen that one before!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581

Thanks
I really wanted to upgrade the skirting and cornices to add a touch of character. I love the look of federation houses but like new houses

Just a quick update

Our driveway was finally poured last week and landscaping has started. We decided in the end on leveling the back yard but found someone a lot cheaper than the landscapers to do it and managed to give half the dirt away for free. 100 tonne of dirt to get rid of after moving some around

Clarendon has been really good post handover and we had a maintenance guy from clarendon spend the better part of Saturday fixing things picked up in my private inspector's report. One more month until we have to submit our 90 list

Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum