Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

JG King modified Heywood - Landscaping

Page 20 of 76
bank
kylz4
Oh I have everything crossed it gets passed this time! It looks great still I think!
Love suits, I've just watched season 6 Ep 13 after a break from it since season 5 ended! Love it

Yes bring on Thursday night! I need another ep. I assume you've seen Madmen? If you love suits, you'll like Madmen.

Oh no haven't watched that one! Might need to check it out

kylz4
bank
kylz4
Oh I have everything crossed it gets passed this time! It looks great still I think!
Love suits, I've just watched season 6 Ep 13 after a break from it since season 5 ended! Love it

Yes bring on Thursday night! I need another ep. I assume you've seen Madmen? If you love suits, you'll like Madmen.

Oh no haven't watched that one! Might need to check it out

The Mad men story unfolds a little slower but it's just as addictive. It's similar in a lot of ways except it's advertising men in the 60's.
Well we have council approval! Next stop building permit. As far as I know we are still waiting for developer approval so I believe that will hold up the permit. Also waiting for engineering then the dreaded variation

I should feel happy but I just feel angry. Angry that it took this much effort. Angry that they can not pass it because it "isn't appropriate considering nearby allotments" then approve an uglier version of it because it "is appropriate considering nearby allotments". I feel like they just wanted to see us make an effort to lower it which is exactly what we wanted the draftees to do 8 months ago "It's cheaper to get dispensation" they said, yeah this has worked out so much cheaper
Oh yay, congrats on council approval!! I hope developer approval doesn't take too long!!

How long did it take last time??

kylz4
Oh yay, congrats on council approval!! I hope developer approval doesn't take too long!!

Only two days last time because we called in a favour with the developer. We've done the same thing this time but so far we haven't had a reply. Might be pushing our luck asking again.

To top all of this off there is a new slab in Fyansford that is closer to the front of the block than 4.5m. Just a bit of salt in the wounds.
bank
kylz4

Only two days last time because we called in a favour with the developer. We've done the same thing this time but so far we haven't had a reply. Might be pushing our luck asking again.

To top all of this off there is a new slab in Fyansford that is closer to the front of the block than 4.5m. Just a bit of salt in the wounds.

Shows they can do it quick when they want to so hopefully not too long a wait!!

Ggrrrrr to another build being approved with shorter setback!! That sucks!!!

Building permit came through!!
::party::

Engineering is also back but we won't know if we need to sell a kidney to pay for it until next week.

I can't believe we're finally at this point!
Finally! great news Bank...
Omg, Ong, omg!!!!! Congratulations bank

Congrats!! Hope you get to keep your kidney.
Woohoo! So exciting for you both. Can't wait to watch your build come to life.
crack open the wine tonight.

Jacinta.C
Woohoo! So exciting for you both. Can't wait to watch your build come to life.
crack open the wine tonight.

Already done!

Thank you everyone!! It's been a long time coming but it happened very quickly in the end
. We've been told that we will be handed over to construction next week, fingers crossed we don't have a long wait until we get to site.

Yippee Yippe yippee! congratulations it's been a long road but you are there, hopefully construction is smooth sailing!
surtees
Yippee Yippe yippee! congratulations it's been a long road but you are there, hopefully construction is smooth sailing!

Thanks Surtees! How is your place going? All settled in?

Thats ok yes settling in. Just finally getting the internet working so will post some updates soon
Bank i am so excited for you. Gosh you have had a Rollercoaster ride so far, now you deserve a super smooth build!
I am really excited to see your house come together with all your colour choices etc.
Time to pop the bubbly!!

We got a start date today! Next Wednesday the 15th for site cut, then set out on Thursday, screw piles Friday! Plumbing and slab set up the following week then all going to plan, best case, slab pour on Monday 27th. I can't imagine things running that smoothly but hopefully by the end of the month we'll have a slab!

Omg bank I'm so excited for you!!!! Bring on next week

THat's awesome now into the build!!! and hopefully smooth sailing!
I can't quite believe it! Next Tuesday will be 2 years since we signed the land contract. It's completely surreal that we're actually going to start.

We are still waiting for the remainder of the deposit invoice which we have been chasing for a week now. I find it completely bizarre that we even had to ask for it. Hopefully that doesn't hold things up.

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum